Danny Rogers - confirmed

29 minutes ago, billyg said:

Just a gut feeling , but I don't think Stubbs really fancies Sammy , in the long term anyway !

He doesn’t,  Samson will only get a start when we play Aberdeen I think.

I like Samson but Rodgers is a big upgrade.

2 hours ago, Doakes said:

Can be recalled at any time by Aberdeen. Always gives me the fear - get a stable defence & keeper then they get recalled by the parent club. Pretty sure it happened to Aberdeen with Danny Ward getting recalled to Liverpool 

I thought loans in to/in the Premiership had to be for at least one transfer window?

8 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

I thought loans in to/in the Premiership had to be for at least one transfer window?

I think you're right , he can be recalled in January (if they don't recall him in January , he'll be here the whole season) , which would allow us to bring in a new GK at the same time ,  players can't move between clubs outside the  windows in the Premiership whether they're on loan or not . The Aberdeen people stating that he can be recalled at anytime clearly don't know the rules !

10 minutes ago, billyg said:

I think you're right , he can be recalled in January (if they don't recall him in January , he'll be here the whole season) , which would allow us to bring in a new GK at the same time ,  players can't move between clubs outside the  windows in the Premiership whether they're on loan or not . The Aberdeen people stating that he can be recalled at anytime clearly don't know the rules !

I think only emergency loans can be recalled at any time.

17 minutes ago, FTOF said:

And they've been binned according to the QOS club secretary guy that posts on P&B and he's rarely wrong.

Really? For all leagues? That's a surprise.

I take it you are referring to the Skyline Drifter guy? I once pointed out to him that he was wrong. He didn't appreciate it:whistle

2 hours ago, Drew said:

Really? For all leagues? That's a surprise.

I take it you are referring to the Skyline Drifter guy? I once pointed out to him that he was wrong. He didn't appreciate it:whistle

I believe he's right this time !

5 hours ago, billyg said:

Just a gut feeling , but I don't think Stubbs really fancies Sammy , in the long term anyway !

I'm thinking that apart from our stand out players last season (McGinn, Smith and McGennis) he doesn't really fancy many of them for the level we're at now.

4 hours ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I'm thinking that apart from our stand out players last season (McGinn, Smith and McGennis) he doesn't really fancy many of them for the level we're at now.

I was a bit disappointed in an interview this week when Stubbs was asked if he was pleased the way the squad was shaping up. He said he was delighted with the players he had brought in but made no mention to the players already there. A bad move if he alienates existing staff. Maybe it wasn't meant but it did come across as he wasn't impressed.

6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I was a bit disappointed in an interview this week when Stubbs was asked if he was pleased the way the squad was shaping up. He said he was delighted with the players he had brought in but made no mention to the players already there. A bad move if he alienates existing staff. Maybe it wasn't meant but it did come across as he wasn't impressed.

I would maybe give him the benefit of the doubt at this point, i think the 4 told that they could leave apart, he must be reasonably pleased. I'm also hoping that he mentioned the players brought in because they are new and he hadn't thought how it would come across not mentioning the existing players. It would be interesting to hear his answer if he was asked about his thoughts on the existing players from the championship winning squad.

19 hours ago, nedflanders123 said:

We have Sammy in the event of that happening. Personally think we should have kept RS and loaned him out to see how he progresses.

I think it was mentioned that there were a couple of loan options open, though RS wanted to sign permanently for Livy as he seen a more realistic chance of first team football in the premier league with them than dropping a league and waiting longer to fight for the number one slot at Saints.

7 hours ago, Sonny said:

I think he was focussing his answer more on how his transfer dealings are going rather than how his overall squad is looking. It came across that way.

• 1 year later...