Calm

Season not started yet, every body entitled to their opinions on who’s left the club & coming in. Think we need to take a wee step back, calm down & stop the doom & gloom before we’ve even kicked a ball. Every manager deserves a chance think we can all maybe agree with that. Just my opinion.

I'm very calm. Last season some people were concerned about the squad not being good enough for the Premier. I agreed but pointed out that weren't playing in the premier. Now that we are i'm not surprised at how ruthless Stubbs is being when it comes to ins and outs. We needed a big influx of big strong players for a start and apart from a few exceptions there wasn't many of them in last year's squad.  If we want to stay in the premier or even punch above our weight we need a better quality squad, it remains to be seen if that will be achieved.

Going back 12 months who honestly believed we would be crowned Champs and back with the big boys.

We really do have some serial knickerwetters in this forum

Some who cant believe Stubbs is pulling apart a "winning" team...

Some who think we should have a 1st XI already in place, tried and tested

Some who think tonight is do or die

As I want to live at least another 20 years, I take a different approach. I support St Mirren FFS not Bayern..................... as long as I see a Saints team/ manager/ player give 100% and whilst with us show me they care- then I care /support/ and follow......

No doubt in my mind Stubbs feels the same

Hope we win/ draw tonight but seriously its more about seeing the new boys strut their stuff

15 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Going back 12 months who honestly believed we would be crowned Champs and back with the big boys.

We really do have some serial knickerwetters in this forum

Some who cant believe Stubbs is pulling apart a "winning" team...

Some who think we should have a 1st XI already in place, tried and tested

Some who think tonight is do or die

As I want to live at least another 20 years, I take a different approach. I support St Mirren FFS not Bayern..................... as long as I see a Saints team/ manager/ player give 100% and whilst with us show me they care- then I care /support/ and follow......

No doubt in my mind Stubbs feels the same

Hope we win/ draw tonight but seriously its more about seeing the new boys strut their stuff

A Championship winning team.     We have been there before, promotion/relagation because we stuck with a winning team of sorts. 

I'm fairly calm, but not hugely inspired or optimistic.

The step back up was always going to be a tough transition, so my expectations are in check.

Certainly no doom and gloom here, just waiting on something to get excited about.

Edited by Drew

12 hours ago, ged62 said:

Season not started yet, every body entitled to their opinions on who’s left the club & coming in. Think we need to take a wee step back, calm down & stop the doom & gloom before we’ve even kicked a ball. Every manager deserves a chance think we can all maybe agree with that. Just my opinion.

Hopefully slightly less doom and gloom now.

12 hours ago, Drew said:

I'm fairly calm, but not hugely inspired or optimistic.

The step back up was always going to be a tough transition, so my expectations are in check.

Certainly no doom and gloom here, just waiting on something to get excited about.

Have your views altered post match?