Stubbsy Says...........Goodbye

11 minutes ago, Magic Monkey said:

Wow. I'm impressed. Sounds like he was only vaguely satisfied with that. Setting high standards for sure.

Anyone else starting to feel very optimistic?!

Me, well impressed. let's remember we've not even played a pre season game before this!

Its worth remembering that Stubbs presumably has more money than Jack had primarily due to compensation we got from Sunderland.

We have a real opportunity here to do something special. It is refreshing to hear he is dissapointed to not get all 3 points. This could be a very special season indeed.

11 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Its worth remembering that Stubbs presumably has more money than Jack had primarily due to compensation we got from Sunderland.

We have a real opportunity here to do something special. It is refreshing to hear he is dissapointed to not get all 3 points. This could be a very special season indeed.

A board that's willing to loosen the purse  strings and back the manager is a new thing for us. At least it is in the last 20 years.

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

A board that's willing to loosen the purse  strings and back the manager is a new thing for us. At least it is in the last 20 years.

It helps that we're probably in the best financial position that we've been for decades. Good to see that we look like investing some cash if the right type comes along though. Could be exciting times ahead. 

Wow. I'm impressed. Sounds like he was only vaguely satisfied with that. Setting high standards for sure.
Anyone else starting to feel very optimistic?!
Me. My initial cautious optimism is in danger of turning into more like fullblown TF fantasy land !

Don't worry, I am exaggerating. ...

Good interview. He’s honest and echoing what most have been saying on here about last night’s game. If anything, the game is going to be a massive kick up the arse to a lot of the players and I think Stubbs is going to be ruthless like his predecessor. If players don’t take their opportunities then their out. Very early days, but I wonder if he’s questioning some of his signings already. It sounds like he’s starting to understand how vital our captain is to making us tick too.

4 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

Seems like the three trialists weren’t up to much going by Stubbs response to oor Jimbo.
Can anyone shed any light on,

1. Who they were.
2. How bad were they.

Who.... no idea.  How good were they?  Not good enough in my view.