Stubbsy Says...........Goodbye

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It's the cliched boring shite that gets me. We ought to be so excited about going to places like Ibrox, Parkheasd .....and .....erm.... Dens Park.

How about talking your own team up for a change Alan. Say something that makes me think that you think we can win on Sunday. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we'll win, but I'm just a punter. He's the guy who job it is to motivate our players and instil confidence.

Like I say, maybe he's more inspiring behind closed doors..

He`s just in the door with a new team in a new league,  he first has to install belief in the team,   Then the confidence will grow all by itself

6 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It's the cliched boring shite that gets me. We ought to be so excited about going to places like Ibrox, Parkheasd .....and .....erm.... Dens Park.

How about talking your own team up for a change Alan. Say something that makes me think that you think we can win on Sunday. 

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we'll win, but I'm just a punter. He's the guy who job it is to motivate our players and instil confidence.

Martin O'Neill walked into Cellicfootballclub and announced to the media that Rangers were the bench mark. He was then attributed to say to the players privately that that was sh!te and they were far better than the blue mob. What a manager says to a camera isn't always what he says to his players. I for one am not too bothered what he says in front of the camera. Although the way he stands not facing it is curious. Does he really think he HAS a best side? :o

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

Martin O'Neill walked into Cellicfootballclub and announced to the media that Rangers were the bench mark. He was then attributed to say to the players privately that that was sh!te and they were far better than the blue mob. What a manager says to a camera isn't always what he says to his players. I for one am not too bothered what he says in front of the camera. Although the way he stands not facing it is curious. Does he really think he HAS a best side? :o

Aye like I said, I hope he’s different in the dressing room. Possibly so. But all that shite about going to play in these grounds gets ma goat.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye like I said, I hope he’s different in the dressing room. Possibly so. But all that shite about going to play in these grounds gets ma goat.

Interviewer asks generic question, manager gives generic reply...….I find it amazing that people (not directed at you TPAFKA Jersey2) put any real store in or get worked up by these interviews. What is said in the "pop" interviews and what goes on away from the cameras in reality will be two very different things although I do understand the modern need for news for social media etc

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I happen to think Stubbs comes across well , but does any  of that really matter if he's getting results and building a team we can all be proud of ? So like with any other managerial appointment, time will tell.

9 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Interviewer asks generic question, manager gives generic reply...….I find it amazing that people (not directed at you TPAFKA Jersey2) put any real store in or get worked up by these interviews. What is said in the "pop" interviews and what goes on away from the cameras in reality will be two very different things although I do understand the modern need for news for social media etc

6 minutes ago, munoz said:

I happen to think Stubbs comes across well , but does any  of that really matter if he's getting results and building a team we can all be proud of ? So like with any other managerial appointment, time will tell.

Ach I guess I’ve just become so accustomed to JRs accomplished interview technique and articulate delivery. 

In reality I suppose Stubbs is more the norm than JR and as many of you have said, I guess it’s what happens behind closed doors and on the pitch that really matters. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ach I guess I’ve just become so accustomed to JRs accomplished interview technique and articulate delivery. 

In reality I suppose Stubbs is more the norm than JR and as many of you have said, I guess it’s what happens behind closed doors and on the pitch that really matters. 

I think we were spoiled !!

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Played 1  Won 1 . 

Judge him on the continuation of those stats as the season goes on.  

Talking about him being dull is as daft as the folk that have a pop at Andy Murray for likewise, despite him being a world class tennis player.  Or then we can can have witty personalities, good in front of the camera - like a certain Mr. Farage - who are absolute cvnts. 

We've been spoiled by enjoying a sexy, charistmatic Jack Ross for 18 months but I couldnae care less how Stubbs comes across if we get a winning team on the park. 

1 minute ago, Maboza said:

Played 1  Won 1 . 

Judge him on the continuation of those stats as the season goes on.  

Talking about him being dull is as daft as the folk that have a pop at Andy Murray for likewise, despite him being a world class tennis player.  Or then we can can have witty personalities, good in front of the camera - like a certain Mr. Farage - who are absolute cvnts. 

We've been spoiled by enjoying a sexy, charistmatic Jack Ross for 18 months but I couldnae care less how Stubbs comes across if we get a winning team on the park. 

Aye you’ll see I’ve already admitted as much Maboza, but don’t you think the two things are linked? I try to put myself in the position of a player. JR came across to me as hugely inspiring and more importantly one of those managers that folk talk about players wanting to win “for him”. I just don’t get that from Stubbs.

Like you say though, I’m sure there’s more than one way to skin a cat. 

7 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye you’ll see I’ve already admitted as much Maboza, but don’t you think the two things are linked? I try to put myself in the position of a player. JR came across to me as hugely inspiring and more importantly one of those managers that folk talk about players wanting to win “for him”. I just don’t get that from Stubbs.

Not necessarily TJ2.    Jim Clunie was a fantastic manager for us but was as dour as fek!   

28 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think from the outside looking in, it's easy to think that they two things would be linked but I guess we just don't know what goes on behind closed doors or on the training ground - so time and results will be the judge of that. 

Whenever I watched Danny Lennon I pretty much thought that players wouldn't respect him. I think Stubbs commands more respect than Lennon ever did. 

The other thing is how well he employs his backroom team. With two experienced assistants on board these guys will be likely be the ones in player's ears on a day to day basis. 

JR is quite simply THE most articulate person in football.
EVERY word is measured and has a purpose and yet it flows as if just off the top of his head.

That is an incredible gift and yes, we were spoiled.

I'm still adjusting to AS interviews but have to keep reminding myself that he is the norm and JR was the exception.

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

JR is quite simply THE most articulate person in football.
EVERY word is measured and has a purpose and yet it flows as if just off the top of his head.

That is an incredible gift and yes, we were spoiled.

I'm still adjusting to AS interviews but have to keep reminding myself that he is the norm and JR was the exception.

When Gareth Southgate calls Jack to talk about any of his players (in the future), playing for England, it'll be like a clash of the articulate football titans :fire2

Edited by Graeme Aitken
typo

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Aye but GS is an ugly f**ker! :D

No doubt's about that

But he had his national teams supporters working themselves into a self gratifying frenzy on his every word during the world cup.

Him and Jack, having a chat would be primetime.