Stubbsy Says...........Goodbye

Stubbs has been in post around six weeks now and the number of clear mistakes he has made already is quite alarming.

Appointing Darren Jackson, telling Reilly to beat it, telling five players to go before he had any replacements, ripping apart the championship winning side, signing unproven players at this level, appointing Brian Rice as assistant, announcing marquee signings and then feck all happening, giving trialists a game and then binning them, one after precisely 12 minutes on the pitch, drawing with amateur and non league sides and being hammered in a friendly.

That's a pretty impressive list of bad things to happen. I know someone said Stubbs didn't plan to come in and fail. Now I'm not so sure.

1 minute ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

This squad of players is not good enough for the Championship let alone the Premier.Recruitment has been hopeless and told solid pros like McKenzie and Eckersley to leave.Tonight we were playing against an amateur side cobbled together in the close season from junior and amateur ranks.Where Stokes goes from here Christ knows..Time for the Chairman to come out now and make a some sort of statement.The feel good factor has all but gone.Stokes inherited the club in a great state and he has just torn things to threads.We were promised quality signings well where the hell are they Alan?

You mean Stubbs of course and not Stokes. Far too early for Chairman statements. Did you ask for this when pumped by a poor Thistle team?  It's July FFS. At least let's get our squad complete. Not happy with not winning against lesser teams but shit happens.

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Stubbs has been in post around six weeks now and the number of clear mistakes he has made already is quite alarming.

Appointing Darren Jackson, telling Reilly to beat it, telling five players to go before he had any replacements, ripping apart the championship winning side, signing unproven players at this level, appointing Brian Rice as assistant, announcing marquee signings and then feck all happening, giving trialists a game and then binning them, one after precisely 12 minutes on the pitch, drawing with amateur and non league sides and being hammered in a friendly.

That's a pretty impressive list of bad things to happen. I know someone said Stubbs didn't plan to come in and fail. Now I'm not so sure.

Not disagreeing with what you say but just for one moment let's talk about the attitude of the players. We have better quality than Spartans and QP and time some demonstrated it. Manager takes some blame as should full time professional players.

5 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

You mean Stubbs of course and not Stokes. Far too early for Chairman statements. Did you ask for this when pumped by a poor Thistle team?  It's July FFS. At least let's get our squad complete. Not happy with not winning against lesser teams but shit happens.

Yep. Not even close to that stage. That's a bit too reactionary at this point.

There is a clear and very rapid drain of the goodwill afforded to a new manager, though and it's getting to Tommy Craig levels of supporters saying 'no putting up with this shite' already.

Stubbs really needs a decent start in the league or there will be lot of knives out for him by the time we reach September.

Edited by djchapsticks

On 6/13/2018 at 10:50 PM, faraway saint said:

I get the feeling that Stubbs is already a man with a target on his back.

There's already a large amount of negative posts that will, IMO, only increase as I fear we could struggle in the top league, as Ross probably have done. 

A poisoned challis, almost a "no win" situation as nothing short of top 6 place, which I feel is next to impossible in out first season, will see him torn to shreds on a weekly basis.  

I sincerely hope we get off to a good start or the current negativity will grow and Stubbs will be doomed before the first quarter of the season is over. 

There is already a fairly long list thinking, or hoping, he will fail, seen this before with our managers. 

1 minute ago, djchapsticks said:

Yep. Not even close to that stage. That's a bit too reactionary at this point.

There is a clear and very rapid drain of the goodwill afforded to a new manager, though and it's getting to Tommy Craig levels of supporters saying 'no putting up with this shite' already.

Stubbs really needs a decent start in the league or there will be lot of knives out for him by the time we reach September.

Get away. :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

This squad of players is not good enough for the Championship let alone the Premier.Recruitment has been hopeless and told solid pros like McKenzie and Eckersley to leave.Tonight we were playing against an amateur side cobbled together in the close season from junior and amateur ranks.Where Stokes goes from here Christ knows..Time for the Chairman to come out now and make a some sort of statement.The feel good factor has all but gone.Stokes inherited the club in a great state and he has just torn things to threads.We were promised quality signings well where the hell are they Alan?

That explains everything, our new manager is really Anthony Stokes wearing an Alan Stubbs mask. Everyone thought he didn't turn up at the airport, but he tied Stubbs up and put him in a warehouse, then went to La Manga (after perfecting his Scouse accent by watching reruns of Brookside) and carried out his dastardly plan to destroy us, motivated by seeing we had an Elvis impersonator as a fan.

I think he got the idea from watching Scooby Doo.

I could not have put this any better. Well said air

9 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I really hope there is a clause in his contract where we can get rid of him if we are bottom at a certian time.

Paying off a 3 year contract is going to be a financial disaster.

Or maybe he could just have a bit of personal integrity and walk. Multi millionaire from playing career so its hardly a big deal

Just now, faraway saint said:

Get away. :rolleyes:

:lol: You know what I mean.

Under normal circumstances, supporters would be a bit more patient and trusting if they could see that there was a plan there or progress being made to compensate for the step up in quality. So much time was afforded to Jack Ross by so many after a particularly poor start because of the introductions of new, hungry faces and he was hamstrung with the squad he had. To a lesser extent, Danny Lennon was given time too by the supporters.

This wasn't extended to Ian Murray or Tommy Craig and doesn't appear to be the case with Stubbs either as it doesn't look like there is any plan in place, style he wants to play nor any sort of reassuring voice to the support.

Or maybe he could just have a bit of personal integrity and walk. Multi millionaire from playing career so its hardly a big deal
Is he a multimillionaire? Tell him to get his hand in his pocket and bring us some decent players..ask him to ask Jack Ross if he knows any, cause he doesn't

17 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

I really hope there is a clause in his contract where we can get rid of him if we are bottom at a certian time.

Paying off a 3 year contract is going to be a financial disaster.

Acht we always have the "ring fenced" SMISA funds to help pay him off, sweep to see when the first begging email drops ?

Why would a club like St Mirren offer any manager a 3 year deal?  Ross had developed God like status at the club and I can't recall him being offered a 3 year deal. Utter madness! 

I can't believe how quickly Stubbs has ripped the heart out of our side. Heard rumours he had told the players to forget all the success of last season as it counts for nothing. Every player talked how Jack had brilliant people skills but it would seem Stubbs isn't quite cut from the same cloth.

The players all seemed to chuck it on Saturday after Sunderland went 2-0 up. Worrying signs for any team to give up so easily.

All very depressing stuff and it looks like even a few marquee signings won't help out the team spirit which has been so lacking in last 3 games.

Edited by Mr Zo

Dear oh dear. Pre season has not gone to plan, I grant you. But seriously, lighten up Buddies.4 or 5 weeks of the transfer window to go. I would bet good money the starting 11 against Dundee will bare no resemblance to tonight’s lineup. Most of the new guys are not close to match fitness. Relax folks[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

2 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Dear oh dear. Pre season has not gone to plan, I grant you. But seriously, lighten up Buddies.4 or 5 weeks of the transfer window to go. I would bet good money the starting 11 against Dundee will bare no resemblance to tonight’s lineup. Most of the new guys are not close to match fitness. Relax folksemoji122.pngemoji122.pngemoji122.png

Dundee's a week on Saturday  and you think they'll be a complete change in the team line-up ? :blink:

Dear oh dear. Pre season has not gone to plan, I grant you. But seriously, lighten up Buddies.4 or 5 weeks of the transfer window to go. I would bet good money the starting 11 against Dundee will bare no resemblance to tonight’s lineup. Most of the new guys are not close to match fitness. Relax folks[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
The dundee game is in 10 days.

9 minutes ago, cambiebud said:

Dear oh dear. Pre season has not gone to plan, I grant you. But seriously, lighten up Buddies.4 or 5 weeks of the transfer window to go. I would bet good money the starting 11 against Dundee will bare no resemblance to tonight’s lineup. Most of the new guys are not close to match fitness. Relax folksemoji122.pngemoji122.pngemoji122.png

You do know that we only have 1 game left before the league starts.

Even his twitter page is stunningly bad - nothing on it about accepting the job or looking forward to the season ahead - but he still has his photos of him as Hibs manager up and since becoming our manager (and saying nothing about that) has posted about Hibs a few times! Naive or what?! Even Alex Rae stopped tweeting about Rangers and included the occasional St Mirren and SMISA tweet!