Stubbsy Says...........Goodbye

Well you deleted the original post ya bastard. Sadly for you, the Oakstur was on the ball, sharp as a knife and captured the essence of what you said,
I cant bring myself to wish you good luck with your chatting up though. Doing it to your sister is just plain wrong in pretty much all cultures.
Oh talking about your self in the third person.....while using a nickname.....come on say cringe to give us the full house.

Well you deleted the original post ya bastard. Sadly for you, the Oakstur was on the ball, sharp as a knife and captured the essence of what you said,
I cant bring myself to wish you good luck with your chatting up though. Doing it to your sister is just plain wrong in pretty much all cultures.
Oh talking about your self in the third person.....while using a nickname.....come on say cringe to give us the full house.

Watching Stubbs' pre-match press conference and his post match interview, it's not something I've seen mentioned before but he seems far more relaxed in a room full of journalists than when he's in a one-to-one interview situation.
Not a criticism by any means, just interesting to note.
Maybe he has a lot more time to prep his answers to a press room than he does straight after a match. One of my mates at the football has observed that in spite of our dodgy results and our "behind the scenes beefs" he isn't really asked any awkward questions.

11 minutes ago, Hambud said:
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Eh?

11 minutes ago, Hambud said:
2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Eh? 

Management is hard at the best of times, made harder by having to do it in public and be judged by 4000 people on the spot. When Jack was appointed, he initially benefitted from not being Tom**y C*aig in the same way that AS is hamstrung by not being Jack Ross. He deserves to be cut a bit of slack until it goes pear shaped. It might go bad or he may be pep Guardiola. We need to wait and see. Give it few monrhs, then assemble a lynch party if necessary. Hopefully we'll be fine. The premier was aLways going to be hard. Patience.

9 minutes ago, Ethan said:

Great result but it will be the league that counts. Still players to come in so patience will be the key. 

Today counts when we win the Final and celebrate like feck while watching our Open Top Bus travelling through Paisley.

He's a funny  one... came in and turned our season round after Murray wrecked us. Then got bagged six games into the next season after three draws, and three losses. Yet he is the one the fans love to hate..?

Not sure why you even have a question mark at the end of that. I don’t believe supporters ever really warmed to him (his Rangers affiliation may have been the cause of that?) and several snidey remarks following his departure helped cement his status as an undesirable.

He does deserve credit for steadying the ship the year before but he assembled one of the most unbalanced teams I can remember seeing in a long time and I believe the poor run Jack Ross endured would have been the same had Rae stayed due to that fact. The January transfer window saw a bunch of his underperforming players released and the rest is history.

3 hours ago, Hambud said:
5 hours ago, oaksoft said:

The Oakstur does not respond to obvious baiting.

The Oakstur is too clever by far to waste time on such nonsense.

He's a funny  one... came in and turned our season round after Murray wrecked us. Then got bagged six games into the next season after three draws, and three losses. Yet he is the one the fans love to hate..?
He did that to himself tbf the football was dire and he didn't make the most of what he had, was he not overheard saying to his assistant 'I told you he was shit' regarding Mallan?

30 minutes ago, StanleySaint said:
9 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

He did that to himself tbf the football was dire and he didn't make the most of what he had, was he not overheard saying to his assistant 'I told you he was shit' regarding Mallan?

I think right there is an example of how he has become some sort of pantomime villain!

the first games in his second season were shelling sessions, however he did guide us comfortably to safety, and never got a sniff of the budget Ross did. Remember how many loanees we were reliant on? The long and short of it was Gordon wanted to pick his own manager and jumped on a handful of average results/performances to make it look like he was saving the club. It almost backfired on him big time when Ross nearly relegated us.

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

I think right there is an example of how he has become some sort of pantomime villain!

the first games in his second season were shelling sessions, however he did guide us comfortably to safety, and never got a sniff of the budget Ross did. Remember how many loanees we were reliant on? The long and short of it was Gordon wanted to pick his own manager and jumped on a handful of average results/performances to make it look like he was saving the club. It almost backfired on him big time when Ross nearly relegated us.

Ross always said he loved the club , so most fans were onside straight away . Rae was always doing wee comparisons about his time at Ibrox , which would never go down well. I remember at the Smisa bash in the Uni after the Morton game a couple of years ago , Neil actually called him out for it and he shut up straight away !

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

Ross always said he loved the club , so most fans were onside straight away . Rae was always doing wee comparisons about his time at Ibrox , which would never go down well. I remember at the Smisa bash in the Uni after the Morton game a couple of years ago , Neil actually called him out for it and he shut up straight away !

Ha, ha yeah remember that, he was also crying to me and peter that it was to big a risk to have that bash after a derby game! We asked him why and he said "what if we'd lost" and we said "well don't f**king lose them then"

The long and short of it was Gordon wanted to pick his own manager and jumped on a handful of average results/performances to make it look like he was saving the club. It almost backfired on him big time when Ross nearly relegated us.

“Ross nearly relegated us”, “Ross left Stubbzo a mess of a squad”, blah, blah, blah.

You never really liked Jack did you? Any opportunity you got during his tenure you put the boot in but unfortunately for you things went so well you really became a bit of a lone wolf in that regard.

Undeterred though you waited for another chance and Jack’s departure has left the door ajar a little and here you come with this pish again.

Jack Ross is a legend who transformed a team and the bond with the fans over a season and a half that was as good as I can remember following Saints. It was a great ride while it lasted and it’s done now so why you feel he need to have the digs I can’t understand?

If you like “Stubbzo” that’s great. Get behind him and leave the past where it belongs. Everyone else will remember it fondly and you can try your best to get over it.

9 minutes ago, DLBud said:

“Ross nearly relegated us”, “Ross left Stubbzo a mess of a squad”, blah, blah, blah.

You never really liked Jack did you? Any opportunity you got during his tenure you put the boot in but unfortunately for you things went so well you really became a bit of a lone wolf in that regard.

Undeterred though you waited for another chance and Jack’s departure has left the door ajar a little and here you come with this pish again.

Jack Ross is a legend who transformed a team and the bond with the fans over a season and a half that was as good as I can remember following Saints. It was a great ride while it lasted and it’s done now so why you feel he need to have the digs I can’t understand?

If you like “Stubbzo” that’s great. Get behind him and leave the past where it belongs. Everyone else will remember it fondly and you can try your best to get over it.

Nope... you've lost me there!

again. Why is it so important to you what i do, or dont think? You come across like a lot of posters in tne last week who refused to see the squad that Ross left was not only depleted in numbers, but lacked the required, quality and fitness to compete this season. Funny thing is even Ross knew that!

i guess you'll have to get over the fact that Ross is gone, and the new guy needs all our support. Just like the last one did, and got from me! That doesnt mean i dont comment good, bad or ugly on his tenure.

Fitness levels have improved game by game but arguably still have some way to go for some players.  Good to see Magennis getting more game time and to see Kellerman come on and score.  Ross did acknowledge that we needed to have a more physical and fitter squad for the Premiership. Stubbs appears to agree and is working at making that happen. Time is something that we fans are good at giving to incoming managers or players. Our particular circumstances this past close season mean that time should be given in order to be able to see the final shape of the squad.