Stubbsy Says...........Goodbye

On 8/10/2018 at 11:51 AM, BuddieinEK said:

"Going to yer Ibroxes, yer Celtic Parks, Pitoddrie, Tynecastles"

How come poor Aberdeen only have one stadium whilst the other three have multiple stadiums of the same name?

emoji15.pngemoji15.pngemoji15.pngemoji12.png

AT least he has now remembered Aberdeen are in the premiership. (Usually he doesn't mention the team who has finished 2nd 4 seasons in a row as one of the bigger clubs with Celtic, Hibs, Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Hearts, Celtic, Hibs and Rangers all in the exciting list of teams to play in the premiership!). Dundee also made a debut in the big clubs list too!

8 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

AT least he has now remembered Aberdeen are in the premiership. (Usually he doesn't mention the team who has finished 2nd 4 seasons in a row as one of the bigger clubs with Celtic, Hibs, Rangers, Celtic, Hibs, Hearts, Celtic, Hibs and Rangers all in the exciting list of teams to play in the premiership!). Dundee also made a debut in the big clubs list too!

Dear oh dear. :snore

listened to Steve Clark on the radio saying he is finding it hard to get players in on the free transfer and loan market.. he will continue to invite players up to train/trial.

To think of the uproar here a few weeks back because Alan Stubbs was looking at player on trial.

If established spl clubs are finding it hard then how harder must it be for Stubbs.

Just got to be patient and hope he can pull of a few decent ones to help the squad out.

A lot of stick he has been getting has been really ridiculous

He wasn't talking about our opposition, he was talking about their manager as a player and a team we don't play for weeks.

Gerrard is the rangers manager Celtic are his ex club.

Do you moan when goodwin is on the radio talking about St Mirren.

Who really gives a f**k what he’s talking about as long as he keep us in the spl and play some nice stuff along the way.

People just moaning about needless shit all the time on here.

4 hours ago, 2becks said:

Another shitfest interview on BBC radio Scotland, bigging up Gerrard and Celtic always gives me the impression he's not interested in us.

Why are our fans so needy?

This is scraping the barrel.

Embarassed for you if this is what exercises your brain.

Dear oh dear.

3 hours ago, shull said:

As much as I still don’t like his delivery and I still find it hard to imagine him being inspirational, the actual content of what he said there I think was fine. He seems an honest big bloke and I’m sure he’s really frustrated. Let’s see where we stand when the transfer window closes and from that point on we can start to judge properly. 

I quite like big stubbsy and his honesty and am prepared to give him time.
However we were absolutely battered yesterday. No creativity. No energy. No ideas. We didn't lose the last 2 games through individual mistakes, we lost to better teams who played better football.
Our season starts again on Saturday and I expect 3 points v Livi.

Not starting a thread..... but FFS the sin bin should be overflowing with amount of neg pish. I am not happy about yesterday but also remember 18 months ago we were stranded at bottom of second tier.... we are going to lose a lot this year its more about how we react .... and learn

9 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Not starting a thread..... but FFS the sin bin should be overflowing with amount of neg pish. I am not happy about yesterday but also remember 18 months ago we were stranded at bottom of second tier.... we are going to lose a lot this year its more about how we react .... and learn

Agree 100 per cent.  Some have forgotten how low we were in the championship and how long it took to turn that around.  We were fortunate to retain our status and then enjoyed a wonderful Championship winning season.  The step up was acknowledged as being difficult by JR and the Board.  Major changes in playing staff were needed. Both JR and AS pinpointed pace and greater physicality.  Once JR left then AS, once appointed,  had to pick up the reins in a difficult market for recruitment.  As DJ says.. We will lose more games this season.  42 to 44 points from 38 games would see us away from the bottom.  Average of just over a point per game.  Should we beat Livvi then we would be on an average of2 points per game.  The glass half full way of looking at things. 

19 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

One of my favourite Stubbsyisms so far was in the pre-match interview before the Rangers game when he was asked about how you prepare the players for going to Ibrox and he really did say that because it was a Sunday game there was an extra day to prepare "so I gave the players an extra day off".

:snore

• 2 weeks later...

Capture.thumb.JPG.6af04266cdcbff568b130582e997146f.JPG

image.png.0fb0aa45ee05479838bf564d540b0b5a.png

On 7/28/2018 at 5:01 PM, faraway saint said:

Alan Stubbs tonight................GIFRU the lot of you. :lol:

Some of us knew  Stubbs was shite before the end of July.  Didn't stop Faraway getting carried away by a thrashing of a League One outfit, though, and celebrating with the above nine-part multiquote GIRFUY special. :lol: :thumbs2

CC: @billyg @santaponsasaint @W6Saint @Jack the lad @Dibbles old paperboy @Mr Zo @lenziebud @LargsBud

Capture.thumb.JPG.6af04266cdcbff568b130582e997146f.JPG
image.png.0fb0aa45ee05479838bf564d540b0b5a.png

Some of us knew  Stubbs was shite before the end of July.  Didn't stop Faraway getting carried away by a thrashing of a League One outfit, though, and celebrating with the above nine-part multiquote GIRFUY special. :lol: :thumbs2

CC: [mention=53]billyg[/mention] [mention=1917]santaponsasaint[/mention] [mention=9680]W6Saint[/mention] [mention=15481]Jack the lad[/mention] [mention=7222]Dibbles old paperboy[/mention] [mention=1400]Mr Zo[/mention] [mention=14838]lenziebud[/mention] [mention=15434]LargsBud[/mention]

No surprise from the forum virus!
Happy to pick holes in everyone’s opinions but rarely shares his.