Stubbsy Says...........Goodbye

1 hour ago, Lord Pityme said:

Nope... you've lost me there!

Why is it so important to you what i do, or dont think? You come across like a lot of posters in tne last week who refused to see the squad that Ross left was not only depleted in numbers, but lacked the required, quality and fitness to compete this season. Funny thing is even Ross knew that!

i guess you'll have to get over the fact that Ross is gone, and the new guy needs all our support. Just like the last one did, and got from me! That doesnt mean i dont comment good, bad or ugly on his tenure.

The timing of JRs departure was unfortunate but other than Stelios none of the players released were controversial decisions, Ross clearly had a list of targets but that went with him.

Could/should TF/GLS have tried harder to complete some of these signings, IMO probably, but the delay in appointing the new manager and his readiness to "hit the round running" are also factors in us being behind schedule in terms of the squad's ability to compete so far this season - and ones that could've been addressed.

Edited by Bud the Baker

Why is it so important to you what i do, or dont think?

It’s not important to me at all. Apologies if I lost you there, I thought the point of the forum was for people to post their views (i.e. you) and others to comment on them (i.e. me) and then some sort of discussion/debate may ensue?

Last year’s squad needed upgraded just like any promoted squad. No arguments from anyone I’ve read on her about that at all.

Others make the point without mentioning the previous manager. You don’t miss a chance to disparage his achievements, even bringing him into a discussion about Alex Rae earlier.

That’s how I see it.

Guest TPAFKATS
He's a funny  one... came in and turned our season round after Murray wrecked us. Then got bagged six games into the next season after three draws, and three losses. Yet he is the one the fans love to hate..?
Not all fans. Some love to hate Jack Ross - some hate him so much that they started threads looking for him to be sacked. Others continue to disparage him even after he's left despite saving us from relegation and following it up with winning the league.

I guess so many dwell on past we forget that our present is superb. Ross is the reason we unfurl a flag next Sat. Stubbs is the reason we now have a degree of optimisim. Guy has just got us out group stages. Alan mentioned progress well there is the start to his tenure and we have progressed...

1 hour ago, DLBud said:

It’s not important to me at all. Apologies if I lost you there, I thought the point of the forum was for people to post their views (i.e. you) and others to comment on them (i.e. me) and then some sort of discussion/debate may ensue?

Last year’s squad needed upgraded just like any promoted squad. No arguments from anyone I’ve read on her about that at all.

Others make the point without mentioning the previous manager. You don’t miss a chance to disparage his achievements, even bringing him into a discussion about Alex Rae earlier.

That’s how I see it.

Well you are so wrong about me, and you continually push the discredited narrative that i am somehow anti st mirren just because as well as lauding our clubs achievements, i also dont see everything through rose tinted glasses when it isnt going well. I speak my mind, if you don't like that tough! But do yourself a favour and stop hopelessly trying to put your slant on what i am all about, and I will gladly do likewise.

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:
13 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
He's a funny  one... came in and turned our season round after Murray wrecked us. Then got bagged six games into the next season after three draws, and three losses. Yet he is the one the fans love to hate..?

Not all fans. Some love to hate Jack Ross - some hate him so much that they started threads looking for him to be sacked. Others continue to disparage him even after he's left despite saving us from relegation and following it up with winning the league.

Good luck trying to find a thread started by me looking to get Ross sacked! You see right there again "Fake News"... and like Trump it seems there are some on here of the belief if they just keep repeating it then it will magically become true!

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

The timing of JRs departure was unfortunate but other than Stelios none of the players released were controversial decisions, Ross clearly had a list of targets but that went with him.

Could/should TF/GLS have tried harder to complete some of these signings, IMO probably, but the delay in appointing the new manager and his readiness to "hit the round running" are also factors in us being behind schedule in terms of the squad's ability to compete so far this season - and ones that could've been addressed.

I agree to a point, but think it was right for TF/GLS not to try and bring in Ross's picks after it was obvious he was offski. The new manager should get as much a say as possible in building tbe squad he feels will be competitive. In Stubbzo's case he is clearly of the mind not to bring in the 'usual suspects' in the scottish game, and go for young rising takent from down south.

that has meant as he keeps explaining a delay until EPL clubs decide which youngsters will be in the first team squad, and which ones will benefit from a loan. His decision, knowing he will be a game or two into the season before he can complete his recruitment. I honestly think he is right to go about it this way, and that we will over the coiurse of the season benefit from his solid approach to only bringing in quality, fitter players.

in a much smaller way Ross did the same last season signing an injured Davis, then having to wait months to play him. I thought that was folly at the time to tie up a wage, and gamble on his fitness, but admit over the season it worked out well for us. But hey... someone will only read me thinking it Folly, and post another funny anti saints claim.

13 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

For me Mr. Rae brought in Gallacher (yesterday a Dumbarton sub) when Lewis Morgan should have been in the team. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Good luck trying to find a thread started by me looking to get Ross sacked! You see right there again "Fake News"... and like Trump it seems there are some on here of the belief if they just keep repeating it then it will magically become true!
It's not fake.
You seem a bit paranoid or just assume everything is about you.

Well you are so wrong about me, and you continually push the discredited narrative that i am somehow anti st mirren just because as well as lauding our clubs achievements, i also dont see everything through rose tinted glasses when it isnt going well. I speak my mind, if you don't like that tough! But do yourself a favour and stop hopelessly trying to put your slant on what i am all about, and I will gladly do likewise.

Dry your eyes FFS.

I never said you were anti-St Mirren. Who on here would be? I pointed out that you have a habit of disparaging Jack Ross whenever the opportunity arises. You do. That is the truth of it.

38 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Dry your eyes FFS.

I never said you were anti-St Mirren. Who on here would be? I pointed out that you have a habit of disparaging Jack Ross whenever the opportunity arises. You do. That is the truth of it.

See... didnt i tell you BTB that someone would be along soon with their whole load of nonsense! Half truths and fake news...

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

I agree to a point, but think it was right for TF/GLS not to try and bring in Ross's picks after it was obvious he was offski. The new manager should get as much a say as possible in building tbe squad he feels will be competitive. In Stubbzo's case he is clearly of the mind not to bring in the 'usual suspects' in the scottish game, and go for young rising takent from down south.

that has meant as he keeps explaining a delay until EPL clubs decide which youngsters will be in the first team squad, and which ones will benefit from a loan. His decision, knowing he will be a game or two into the season before he can complete his recruitment. I honestly think he is right to go about it this way, and that we will over the coiurse of the season benefit from his solid approach to only bringing in quality, fitter players.

in a much smaller way Ross did the same last season signing an injured Davis, then having to wait months to play him. I thought that was folly at the time to tie up a wage, and gamble on his fitness, but admit over the season it worked out well for us. But hey... someone will only read me thinking it Folly, and post another funny anti saints claim.

And they did BTB! But strangely they forgot to quote all those 'Sack Ross' threads they claim I authored.... funny one that!

It's highly amusing that anyone could actually entertain the thought that bringing the idea of "fake news" into their narrative  in order to try and support their cause, actually makes them appear more believable.

The halfwit that is currently in charge of the USA does the same, but it just makes him look like a liar and rather unhinged, into the bargain.

Edited by FTOF

Disparage -
regard or represent as being of little worth.
"he never missed an opportunity to disparage his competitors"

Sack-
dismiss from employment.
"any official found to be involved would be sacked on the spot"

I’ve included the dictionary definition of both the term I used to describe a selection of your dribblings and the one that you have decided to start throwing around just to avoid any confusion as to what is being said, despite the fact it’s actually clear as day.

I said that you didn’t miss an opportunity to “disparage” Jack. You then started a conversation with the voices in your head about “sack Jack” threads.

Only this week you have made posts that criticised Ross’s signings, the state he left the squad in (in May!!) and how the previous incumbent didn’t get the funds Jack received.

I would regard these comments, and there are many more, as disparaging. (See above definition)

I wouldn’t say that they advocate sacking Jack Ross. Even though that would be something seeing as he left us in May.

Does that clear things up for you and the voices?

59 minutes ago, DLBud said:

Disparage -
regard or represent as being of little worth.
"he never missed an opportunity to disparage his competitors"

Sack-
dismiss from employment.
"any official found to be involved would be sacked on the spot"

I’ve included the dictionary definition of both the term I used to describe a selection of your dribblings and the one that you have decided to start throwing around just to avoid any confusion as to what is being said, despite the fact it’s actually clear as day.

I said that you didn’t miss an opportunity to “disparage” Jack. You then started a conversation with the voices in your head about “sack Jack” threads.

Only this week you have made posts that criticised Ross’s signings, the state he left the squad in (in May!!) and how the previous incumbent didn’t get the funds Jack received.

I would regard these comments, and there are many more, as disparaging. (See above definition)

I wouldn’t say that they advocate sacking Jack Ross. Even though that would be something seeing as he left us in May.

Does that clear things up for you and the voices?

So no threads then,just your warped mind on this one. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Keep digging! Maybe you'll find that mythical thread you claim instarted calling for Ross to be sacked? A wee tip.. look under Unicorns..!
Here's a better idea, why don't you find the post where I claimed this.

55 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
Keep digging! Maybe you'll find that mythical thread you claim instarted calling for Ross to be sacked? A wee tip.. look under Unicorns..!

Here's a better idea, why don't you find the post where I claimed this.

Looks like typical smokescreen tactic, focus on a part of your post that mentioned a thread, cough cough, suggesting Ross should go/be sacked while it's plain he was incessant in digging away at anything he could find to be seen as a negative on Ross and the club/chairman/SMISA.

PS His normal tactic below when he runs out of answers, predictable and embarrassing. 

Edited by faraway saint

6 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Looks like typical smokescreen tactic, focus on a part of your post that mentioned a thread, cough cough, suggesting Ross should go/be sacked while it's plain he was incessant in digging away at anything he could find to be seen as a negative on Ross and the club/chairman/SMISA.

Ha, ha, ha,.... its like a deid sheep trying to get a rise!

PS His normal tactic below when he runs out of answers, predictable and embarrassing. 

Thank Christ someone else sees it. I thought it was me going mental.[emoji23]

8 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:
10 hours ago, DLBud said:

That’s how I see it.

Just so there is no dubiety as to who this is targeted at, it is for Lord Pityme.  I do read all (mostly anyway) of what you post and would like to comment on the above specifically.  Firstly why is it a 'discredited narrative' to state that you come across as anti St Mirren?  Just who was it that discredited it?  As for your statement re 'rose tinted glasses' fair comment, however there no need to wet yourself with glee when things don't go so well.  Likewise sometimes people equate 'speaking their mind' with opening their mouth and letting their belly rumble, perhaps?  And finally; have you heard of the 'inner voice' you know when you can't really decide on something and have a 'discussion' in your head with yourself? Couldn't you just do that and save us all some aggro Please? And of course this is simply my opinion of your opinion of other peoples opinion of you and so on and on and on etc :D