Stubbsy Says...........Goodbye

8 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Even his twitter page is stunningly bad - nothing on it about accepting the job or looking forward to the season ahead - but he still has his photos of him as Hibs manager up and since becoming our manager (and saying nothing about that) has posted about Hibs a few times! Naive or what?! Even Alex Rae stopped tweeting about Rangers and included the occasional St Mirren and SMISA tweet!

You are really plumbing the depths with this bud.

He has made a couple of posts related to cancer charities and his profile shows him winning and holding the Scottish Cup.

10 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Even his twitter page is stunningly bad - nothing on it about accepting the job or looking forward to the season ahead - but he still has his photos of him as Hibs manager up and since becoming our manager (and saying nothing about that) has posted about Hibs a few times! Naive or what?! Even Alex Rae stopped tweeting about Rangers and included the occasional St Mirren and SMISA tweet!

I noticed that as well - thought that was a bit strange.

Guest TPAFKATS
Thank f**k Livi came up with us. Might give us half a chance of avoiding bottom place.
Dundee also look shite although they do have injuries at the moment.

Guest TPAFKATS
Dear oh dear. Pre season has not gone to plan, I grant you. But seriously, lighten up Buddies.4 or 5 weeks of the transfer window to go. I would bet good money the starting 11 against Dundee will bare no resemblance to tonight’s lineup. Most of the new guys are not close to match fitness. Relax folks[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]
Match fitness compared to Spartans and Queen's Park?

5 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

And congratulating Hibs players on call ups and testimonials... no mention of St Mirren at all. 

Did any of his Saints players get called up then?

Also those two guys worked with him for a long period of time.

You are making molehills out of nothing.

37 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

Why would a club like St Mirren offer any manager a 3 year deal?  Ross had developed God like status at the club and I can't recall him being offered a 3 year deal. Utter madness! 

I can't believe how quickly Stubbs has ripped the heart out of our side. Heard rumours he had told the players to forget all the success of last season as it counts for nothing. Every player talked how Jack had brilliant people skills but it would seem Stubbs isn't quite cut from the same cloth.

The players all seemed to chuck it on Saturday after Sunderland went 2-0 up. Worrying signs for any team to give up so easily.

All very depressing stuff and it looks like even a few marquee signings won't help out the team spirit which has been so lacking in last 3 games.

Dear oh dear, throwing in the towel at this stage, forgetting last seasons results at the same time, quoting "rumours" and making presumptions is, frankly, hilarious. 

I despair at the lack of support some fans are showing at this stage, while disappointing, hardly time to be heading for Erskine bridge.....................then again. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Fair play to Stubbs he knows the squad needs strengthening.
It does but not for playing against Spartans and Queen's. It's a pretty poor excuse for that performance.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:
7 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:
Fair play to Stubbs he knows the squad needs strengthening.

It does but not for playing against Spartans and Queen's. It's a pretty poor excuse for that performance.

i'm hoping it's a case of getting in the right players to play the system he wants to play and then we see improvements. Obviously the players already there need to up their game too, i'm sure they will....we're not even out of July yet!

Decent interview from him to be fair. He knows there is still a lot of work to do. Hopefully we'll get new players in soon and the current lot will gel given time. 

It's worth remembering that we've never actually progressed from the group stage since this format has been introduced so its not like we aren't used to being in this position at this stage of the season. 

I can't believe how quickly Stubbs has ripped the heart out of our side. Heard rumours he had told the players to forget all the success of last season as it counts for nothing. Every player talked how Jack had brilliant people skills but it would seem Stubbs isn't quite cut from the same cloth.

If true it’s all gone very Brian Clough/Don Revie around here... the king is dead, long live the king.

To be saying the squad needs significant improvement with little over a week to go until the league is a little bit worrying especially when there doesn’t seem to be any known deals on the horizon. Let’s hope a couple of gems appear from nowhere! I think he should really be saying last night wasn’t anywhere near good enough and the team that was out on the park should be capable of beating queen’s park not constantly looking for new signings to dig him out from the fact his management skills are lacking at the minute.