Stubbsy Says...........Goodbye

16 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Saw this on the Daily Ranger transfer update section a few days ago.

"New St Mirren boss Alan Stubbs has been utilising his knowledge of England's lower leagues"

Have i missed something ?  :huh:

Yes, he has tipped Salford for Promotion and put a tenner on it

As someone who has been critical of Stubbs in the last fortnight, I was heartened by this afternoon's press conference, and even by Stubbs raising the issue of MacKenzie and Eckersley's absence and maintaining they both have achilllies injuries. For me it was enough to hear him say that even though he has told them they can find other clubs he would still have liked to have used them in the league cup group stages.

I'll be offline for most of the next week, so if we win and there are no positive comments with me eating my words I've not gone into hiding!

14 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

As someone who has been critical of Stubbs in the last fortnight, I was heartened by this afternoon's press conference, and even by Stubbs raising the issue of MacKenzie and Eckersley's absence and maintaining they both have achilllies injuries. For me it was enough to hear him say that even though he has told them they can find other clubs he would still have liked to have used them in the league cup group stages.

I'll be offline for most of the next week, so if we win and there are no positive comments with me eating my words I've not gone into hiding!

Agreed. Excellent press conference. Articulate, compassionate, respectful and open. First class.

I think what is very noticable is the difference in his demeanor compaired to his interviews after a game with Jimbo

With Jimbo he is frustrated and looks like he doesnt want to talk ( fair enough)

When in a more relaxed situation and the lead up to a game he does come across more upbeat  

Just now, buddies1877 said:

Not sure why it’s been removed but James hunter the media guy has said on Twitter it’s nothing sinister.

He said Adam was injured too ..................................................

When Stubbs was appointed I was, overall, ok with it, remembering we are not fecking Real Madrid.

The results, so far :lol: have been disappointing, no real argument there.

It's VERY early and the attempts by a few to dig about for any negative they can find is an embarrassment. 

Those of us who have been on the forum for a while will not be surprised, the amount of wallopers who see their "view" as more important than the success of the club.

I sincerely hope Stubbs has a successful season, for the good of the club...................and to point and laugh at the people who have been so quick to hope he fails. 

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

When Stubbs was appointed I was, overall, ok with it, remembering we are not fecking Real Madrid.

It's VERY early and the attempts by a few to dig about for any negative they can find is an embarrassment. 

Those of us who have been on the forum for a while will not be surprised, the amount of wallopers who see their "view" as more important than the success of the club.

I sincerely hope Stubbs has a successful season, for the good of the club...................and to point and laugh at the people who have been so quick to hope he fails. 

We could win the premiership and there would still be individuals with views that they want to air, which would undermine the team/manager/club etc.

Christ, even last year when we were miles ahead, people were bad mouthing the chairman, the manager and some of our players.

It seems to be the way of the world nowadays.

4 minutes ago, FTOF said:

We could win the premiership and there would still be individuals with views that they want to air, which would undermine the team/manager/club etc.

Christ, even last year when we were miles ahead, people were bad mouthing the chairman, the manager and some of our players.

It seems to be the way of the world nowadays.

Tragic but true. :(

I don’t believe anyone on here wants nothing but success for our team.

The forum is all about opinions whether I agree with them or not.

Just now, Dave The Buddie said:

I don’t believe anyone on here wants nothing but success for our team.

The forum is all about opinions whether I agree with them or not.

Obviously people have an opinion but that's different when people seek out and put a negative on anything they can find.

Away and figure it out. :byebye

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Obviously people have an opinion but that's different when people seek out and put a negative on anything they can find.

Away and figure it out. :byebye

It seems to me some people's dislike of Stubbs is just that- a dislike of Stubbs. It's the only reason I can think of that could make someone judge a manager in a new job before a ball is kicked (league), and when a much needed rebuilding job is not yet completed. 

Managers used to get 1 or 2 years to build a team before they got judged,  now it seems it's 1 or 2 games.

When Stubbs was appointed I was, overall, ok with it, remembering we are not fecking Real Madrid. The results, so far default_laugh.png have been disappointing, no real argument there. It's VERY early and the attempts by a few to dig about for any negative they can find is an embarrassment.  Those of us who have been on the forum for a while will not be surprised, the amount of wallopers who see their "view" as more important than the success of the club. I sincerely hope Stubbs has a successful season, for the good of the club...................and to point and laugh at the people who have been so quick to hope he fails. 

I don’t actually believe anyone on here wants Stubbs to fail. Some don’t like the appointment, some don’t like the signings, some don’t like way he’s gone about his business and some don’t like the way we’ve played so far. 

Thing is, whether these people put their view across in a constructive manner or a hysterical rant they are badged as “negative” or “wallopers”, the battle lines are drawn and the snidey name calling and bickering begins. As for waiting to “point and laugh” at people because they don’t agree with you?THAT is embarrassing IMO.

If years of prowling around on here have given you some sort of elevated perspective of all this then why not rise above it and let it blow over rather than being the first one to jump in with the sarcasm and emojis?

Let me tell you why. You f**king love it. Find something you don’t agree with? Call the person a walloper. They respond with an equally ridiculous insult? You escalate and so on ad nauseum until you have a gazillion posts.

The forum is always more active when things aren’t going well. I guess that’s human nature but everyone wants one thing and that is for us to win football matches irrespective of who plays for us or manages us.

Other than that I agree with everything you said.

10 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I don’t actually believe anyone on here wants Stubbs to fail. Some don’t like the appointment, some don’t like the signings, some don’t like way he’s gone about his business and some don’t like the way we’ve played so far. 

Thing is, whether these people put their view across in a constructive manner or a hysterical rant they are badged as “negative” or “wallopers”, the battle lines are drawn and the snidey name calling and bickering begins. As for waiting to “point and laugh” at people because they don’t agree with you?THAT is embarrassing IMO.

If years of prowling around on here have given you some sort of elevated perspective of all this then why not rise above it and let it blow over rather than being the first one to jump in with the sarcasm and emojis?

Let me tell you why. You f**king love it. Find something you don’t agree with? Call the person a walloper. They respond with an equally ridiculous insult? You escalate and so on ad nauseum until you have a gazillion posts.

The forum is always more active when things aren’t going well. I guess that’s human nature but everyone wants one thing and that is for us to win football matches irrespective of who plays for us or manages us.

^^^^^^ :lol:

14 minutes ago, DLBud said:

On 2/19/2017 at 5:05 PM, DLBud said:

I'm going to combine two threads here but this game is f**king pish and Jack Ross has to go. We've gone with two up front for the first time since I don't know when, have no width on the park or pace and almost all the players brought in are anonymous. Season could be over by 5pm on Saturday and if it is how can you make an argument for Jack Ross being in charge next season?

Eternal walloper. :byebye

Always opting for the doomsday scenario gives you some sort of comfort.................

We do well, you jump aboard, we don't, ..........................I told you so.

Away and have a look at yourself. 

Eternal walloper. :byebye
Always opting for the doomsday scenario gives you some sort of comfort.................
We do well, you jump aboard, we don't, ..........................I told you so.
Away and have a look at yourself. 

You have absolutely way too much time on your hands.

That being said you’ve absolutely made my point for me, so thanks.

1 minute ago, DLBud said:

You have absolutely way too much time on your hands.

That being said you’ve absolutely made my point for me, so thanks.

What does that really mean? :blink:

Isn't what anybody chooses to do with their time entirely their choice? :byebye

Usually used when  people have run out of ideas. :wink:

#Rosshastogo :lol: