Stubbsy Says...........Goodbye

What does that really mean? 

It means you have a lot of time to indulge yourself in whatever floats your boat.

If you go back and read my post I said it didn’t matter how people put their view across, whether constructively or by way of a rant that you’d be on it in a flash. I didn’t claim to be above this and therefore digging out an old post of mine from almost 2 years ago and making the usual sarcastic comment accompanied by the well worn emoji simply makes my point..........and you f**king love it!

10 minutes ago, DLBud said:

It means you have a lot of time to indulge yourself in whatever floats your boat.

If you go back and read my post I said it didn’t matter how people put their view across, whether constructively or by way of a rant that you’d be on it in a flash. I didn’t claim to be above this and therefore digging out an old post of mine from almost 2 years ago and making the usual sarcastic comment accompanied by the well worn emoji simply makes my point..........and you f**king love it!

So what's the problem? :blink: Works out at under 7 posts a day.........................aye, and not too many words, really too much time. :lol:

Just pointing out the fact you love it....................the doomsday, that's your choice.

It's quite common from people with no faith, squirm out, jump aboard the most likely option that a team like St Mirren will lose more than they will win.

#loveyou :wub:

Edited by faraway saint

If that was true then why would I choose a team like St Mirren when it would have been easier, based on my upbringing, to support Rangers?

In terms of “faith”, I’ve followed my team home and away (Europe included) for almost 40 years. As I’m sure even you are aware there have been incredible highs and desperate lows during that time and if I choose to vent frustration at players, managers or directors as a way of dealing with disappointment then I’m not sure why it would bother you so much? Does this make me less of a supporter in your eyes?

We used to gather in the pub to vent when we were pished. It was all forgotten by Monday and I was back on the terracing the next week cheering on my team.

Now, with advent of social media and forums like this anything you say is stored and mined by guys like you to score points in an attempt to look clever. It gives you purpose and you f**king love it.

3 minutes ago, DLBud said:

If that was true then why would I choose a team like St Mirren when it would have been easier, based on my upbringing, to support Rangers?

In terms of “faith”, I’ve followed my team home and away (Europe included) for almost 40 years. As I’m sure even you are aware there have been incredible highs and desperate lows during that time and if I choose to vent frustration at players, managers or directors as a way of dealing with disappointment then I’m not sure why it would bother you so much? Does this make me less of a supporter in your eyes?

We used to gather in the pub to vent when we were pished. It was all forgotten by Monday and I was back on the terracing the next week cheering on my team.

Now, with advent of social media and forums like this anything you say is stored and mined by guys like you to score points in an attempt to look clever. It gives you purpose and you f**king love it.

Did I say that? 

You're having a nightmare, avoiding the fact you.................blah blah blah..............Ross/Stubbs should go......................

Boo away. :byebye

I wasn't keen on the appointment of Stubbs and the two results against lower league clubs are concerning (as is the belief that it's still preseason, the League Cup is NOT preseason). However, this does not mean I want to see Stubbs fail. Anyone who does cannot call themselves a St Mirren fan.

I didn't think much of Danny Lennon's appointment (positive or negative) and I was less than happy after his first season which seen us survive thanks to Hamilton Accies being horrendous. However, after that dodgy first season Lennon's achievements were excellent, being the first and only Saints manager to bring home the League Cup, while achieving that 8th placed finish in his tenure too. In the end I was sad to see him go, and even more horrified that Tommy Craig got the job. As someone who was born near Charleroi, and would consider Charleroi my second team, I knew well of the horror show RCSC endured under Craig and I knew Saints would be doomed. I complained like f**k on P+B when he first joined Saints as a coach. 

Did I say that? 

You're having a nightmare, avoiding the fact you.................blah blah blah..............Ross/Stubbs should go......................

Boo away. default_bye1.gif

I can’t deny saying Jack Ross should go when you’ve managed to unveil the smoking gun.

I may even have wanted Rae out as well. However, I’m pretty sure (and you can correct me if I’m wrong) I haven’t said Stubbs should go.

I’m avoiding nothing. You, on the other hand continue to make my point better than I ever could so thanks.

3 minutes ago, DLBud said:

I can’t deny saying Jack Ross should go when you’ve managed to unveil the smoking gun.

I may even have wanted Rae out as well. However, I’m pretty sure (and you can correct me if I’m wrong) I haven’t said Stubbs should go.

I’m avoiding nothing. You, on the other hand continue to make my point better than I ever could so thanks.

What is your point? :blink: Maybe repeating it again and again makes it more real...................like scraping around for any negative you can fnd on Stubbs.

If we're on repeat.................hope we have a decent season...........................would loving it watching you, and the usual doomsday merchants, squirm.

What is your point? :blink: Maybe repeating it again and again makes it more real...................like scraping around for any negative you can fnd on Stubbs.
If we're on repeat.................hope we have a decent season...........................would loving it watching you, and the usual doomsday merchants, squirm.

I don’t actually believe anyone on here wants Stubbs to fail. Some don’t like the appointment, some don’t like the signings, some don’t like way he’s gone about his business and some don’t like the way we’ve played so far.  
Thing is, whether these people put their view across in a constructive manner or a hysterical rant they are badged as “negative” or “wallopers”, the battle lines are drawn and the snidey name calling and bickering begins. As for waiting to “point and laugh” at people because they don’t agree with you?THAT is embarrassing IMO.

If years of prowling around on here have given you some sort of elevated perspective of all this then why not rise above it and let it blow over rather than being the first one to jump in with the sarcasm and emojis?

Let me tell you why. You f**king love it. Find something you don’t agree with? Call the person a walloper. They respond with an equally ridiculous insult? You escalate and so on ad nauseum until you have a gazillion posts.

The forum is always more active when things aren’t going well. I guess that’s human nature but everyone wants one thing and that is for us to win football matches irrespective of who plays for us or manages us.

My first post on this tonight and your last. It’s not only the irony that’s funny but your continued attempts to take the moral high ground whilst playing the role I outline for you above. You really are a caricature of the superfan.

Anyway, that’s my last word on it as I’ve been sucked into this pointless tête-à-tête with you that I find so boring when I see you do it with others rather than having a constructive debate about the point of any thread.

The only thing left for you to do is drop in some more meaningless sarcasm and emojis so you have the last word that you ultimately crave.

Robbie Neilson must have asked what the budget was going to be as he subsequently withdrew his application after his first meeting. He even mentioned this in the media. Is it the case Stubbs didn't ask certain questions and didn't read what Neilson had said or maybe Stubbs just isn't that bright? Either way so far he hasn't covered himself in glory  with dismantling last season's team and rebuilding it for this one and we're only one week away from the league kicking off. As I keep saying ,I fear for us this season. :(

Edited by Jack the lad

Robbie Neilson must have asked what the budget was going to be as he subsequently withdrew his application after his first meeting. He even mentioned this in the media. Is it the case Stubbs didn't ask certain questions and didn't read what Neilson had said or maybe Stubbs just isn't that bright? Either way so far he hasn't covered himself in glory  with dismantling last season's team and rebuilding it for this one and we're only one week away from the league kicking off. As I keep saying ,I fear for us this season. [emoji20]

Not another have a go at Stubbs post. Let say stop posting pish, most of the doom gloom brigade like you haven’t covered themselves in glory either. [emoji6]

5 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

Robbie Neilson must have asked what the budget was going to be as he subsequently withdrew his application after his first meeting. He even mentioned this in the media. Is it the case Stubbs didn't ask certain questions and didn't read what Neilson had said or maybe Stubbs just isn't that bright? Either way so far he hasn't covered himself in glory  with dismantling last season's team and rebuilding it for this one and we're only one week away from the league kicking off. As I keep saying ,I fear for us this season. :(

Aye, that'll be it. :lol:

FFS! 

Stubbs played at the highest level and he's been a manger fora good few years now..... So.... I'd imagine if he didn't ask questions (seriously seriously doubt) then his agent would.  I can understand that some are disappointed with the start but the personal abuse that Stubbs is receiving from some on this forum and elsewhere is not on.  He's our manager and i want him to do well and i actually think he comes across quite well, he's not Jack Ross, oh well, too bad, that's life!

This all smacks of one-upmanship.

Everyone has the right to see things as they see them. time will tell if Stubbs is just taking time to settle in and the players he brought in likewise.

The problem I see is that Stubbs hasn't filled the support with hope with, not only his signings, but the way he's set up the team and not utilising players who were successful last season properly. It can't be easy getting your football philosophy into practice with players en masse when they had been deployed differently, successfully. It also can't be easy to find a 20+ striker within our limited budget.

BUT, and I'm sure some were expecting that so I'll not disappoint, I don't think a good manager should be a one trick pony. He doesn't have wingbacks at the moment so he shouldn't put square pegs in round holes. He shouldn't be quick to rid us of a fairly successful striker with no one to replace him. He shouldn't be sidelining and undermining players who are tied to the club until he has a team which won't rely on them. He shouldn't be talking as if the team and him are separate entities as he does when saying, "They", or, "Them", rather than, "We", or, "Us".

I really hope Stubbs gets the players he wants to play the style he prefers but, on the strength of what we have seen so far, he has a long way to go to make me think we are going to have anything but a troublesome season.

I don't think this is unreasonable to point out my observations as I see them. I for one am not hoping for a dreadful season so I can say I was right. On the contrary. As I did with JR, I want to be able to come on here and eat the proverbial humble pie yet again.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

Everyone has the right to see things as they see them. time will tell if Stubbs is just taking time to settle in and the players he brought in likewise.

The problem I see is that Stubbs hasn't filled the support with hope with, not only his signings, but the way he's set up the team and not utilising players who were successful last season properly. It can't be easy getting your football philosophy into practice with players en masse when they had been deployed differently, successfully. It also can't be easy to find a 20+ striker within our limited budget.

BUT, and I'm sure some were expecting that so I'll not disappoint, I don't think a good manager should be a one trick pony. He doesn't have wingbacks at the moment so he shouldn't put square pegs in round holes. He shouldn't be quick to rid us of a fairly successful striker with no one to replace him. He shouldn't be sidelining and undermining players who are tied to the club until he has a team which won't rely on them. He shouldn't be talking as if the team and him are separate entities as he does when saying, "They", or, "Them", rather than, "We", or, "Us".

I really hope Stubbs gets the players he wants to play the style he prefers but, on the strength of what we have seen so far, he has a long way to go to make me think we are going to have anything but a troublesome season.

I don't think this is unreasonable to point out my observations as I see them. I for one am not hoping for a dreadful season so I can say I was right. On the contrary. As I did with JR, I want to be able to come on here and eat the proverbial humble pie yet again.

I agree that everyone has a right and a lot of the points being made by concerned supporters are valid ones. What i find very distasteful is the personal abuse being directed at our own manager, i didn't agree with it when JR was getting abuse when he first came and i still don't agree with it.

I keep reading that Stubbs has dismantled last seasons side.

How?

He’s only let go Hippolyte & Stewart. They started 1 game between them last season!

I also keep reading about how he is trying to change the way we play.

Well yes, we were trying to win a league last season. This season we are trying to avoid relegation.

We need to play differently!

When we played higher league opposition last season we got thrashed!

In fact, we even got thrashed by sides in our own division on more than one occasion!

5 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

There's been plenty of decent posts highlighting the disappointment, well put and fair.

It's the few who go the extra mile to dig up a negative or simply make stuff up that's a joke. 

As I said, it's an easy option to point at Stubbs when any manager, including Ross, would have failed to match the last season and a half. 

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Eternal walloper. :byebye

Always opting for the doomsday scenario gives you some sort of comfort.................

We do well, you jump aboard, we don't, ..........................I told you so.

Away and have a look at yourself. 

Seriously what's your game ?  You go around the forum picking away at posters. Maybe if you attended games your view point would change as your spending money and time. You have more posts than anyone on the forum yet take in a couple of games a season it's strange. 

2 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Seriously what's your game ?  You go around the forum picking away at posters. Maybe if you attended games your view point would change as your spending money and time. You have more posts than anyone on the forum yet take in a couple of games a season it's strange. 

Don't you have some sandwiches to make instead of the same old? :byebye

PS 3 games last season. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

It also can't be easy to find a 20+ striker within our limited budget.

I think it’s a 10+ goal striker we’ll be in the market for and there probably weren’t many of those about in the Premiership last year so you’re absolutely right about the the challenge he faces.

I keep reading that Stubbs has dismantled last seasons side.

How?

He’s only let go Hippolyte & Stewart. They started 1 game between them last season!

I also keep reading about how he is trying to change the way we play.

Well yes, we were trying to win a league last season. This season we are trying to avoid relegation.

We need to play differently!

When we played higher league opposition last season we got thrashed!

In fact, we even got thrashed by sides in our own division on more than one occasion!

I think you’ve said the same thing on a number of posts now.

Some people see it differently.

The only thing that actually matters now is what happens on and off the park over the next 7 days and then we’ll have a better sense of where we are.

A couple of decent signings and two good results will give everyone at the club a great lift to start the season before we head to Greyskull.

On 7/24/2018 at 10:50 PM, Magic Monkey said:

Normally I'd say we should be patient, but I will say this about St Mirren fans: we know a f**king shite manager when we see one. Could say we're experts in the field.

I'm totally pissed off here.

On 7/24/2018 at 10:58 PM, billyg said:

I'll be up in arms if the Scouser fanny lasts another 44 days !

On 7/24/2018 at 11:02 PM, LargsBud said:

Thank f**k Livi came up with us. Might give us half a chance of avoiding bottom place.

On 7/24/2018 at 11:07 PM, lenziebud said:

Really. I would say the opposite I think Livi are delighted at the state of our club and see us as their chance to stay up !

On 7/24/2018 at 10:35 PM, Mr Zo said:

Why would a club like St Mirren offer any manager a 3 year deal?  Ross had developed God like status at the club and I can't recall him being offered a 3 year deal. Utter madness! 

I can't believe how quickly Stubbs has ripped the heart out of our side. Heard rumours he had told the players to forget all the success of last season as it counts for nothing. Every player talked how Jack had brilliant people skills but it would seem Stubbs isn't quite cut from the same cloth.

The players all seemed to chuck it on Saturday after Sunderland went 2-0 up. Worrying signs for any team to give up so easily.

All very depressing stuff and it looks like even a few marquee signings won't help out the team spirit which has been so lacking in last 3 games.

On 7/25/2018 at 1:30 AM, W6Saint said:

If true it’s all gone very Brian Clough/Don Revie around here... the king is dead, long live the king.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:14 PM, santaponsasaint said:

Forget new signings. The ones he has brought in are dross. Is he trying to us that Heaton and Cole whatever his name is better than Mackenzie. If he is he's in cloud Cookoo land. Kellerman has never really had a chance and Cooke and King well dire seems to be a good description. And nobody including the players have no idea what system we are playing. Absolutely shocking.

On 7/25/2018 at 12:42 PM, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I wasn't worried last pre-season - I thought we had a decent chance of winning the league, especially if Dundee United started slowly and came under pressure. This year however, I think the manager's judgment is open to question and it doesn't look like I am alone in that assessment.

9 hours ago, Jack the lad said:

Alan Stubbs tonight................GIFRU the lot of you. :lol:

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Alan Stubbs tonight................GIFRU the lot of you. :lol:

We're all Saints fans who are/were concerned about performances against teams we should be humiliating ? Wynd yer neck back in ya zoomer !