Who'd would you like to see lead the line this season, new striker imminent!

4 hours ago, pod said:

It's Stubbs that gets to pick who plays for him.

And Agents play no role in the process ?

I'm of the opinion Agents tout players to managers , giving their wage demands , transfer fee , and their footballing statistics   and the manager then chooses whether or not to follow up the recommendation . 

But ultimately the agent has as massive influence on s footballers career  , and the better managers are the ones that have good working relationships with a number of agents

6 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

I heard the Rooney rumour about two months ago, I’d take him in a heartbeat!!

I can't shake the feeling that this is who it is. Aberdeen fans on P&B saying he's subject to an approach from Salford. Surely for a guy of only 30 and as good as he is, that's too big a step down? 

Would be a superb signing. 

I can't shake the feeling that this is who it is. Aberdeen fans on P&B saying he's subject to an approach from Salford. Surely for a guy of only 30 and as good as he is, that's too big a step down? 

Rooney is definitely a penalty box player who would thrive off the kind of balls that we were swinging in against Killie and he knows where the goal is. Aberdeen fans mixed about his possible departure, but apparently he’s peed off about his lack of game time up there. Suppose there’s enough guys involved with Salford that could ‘sweeten’ a deal.
Sounds like it could be quite an exciting forward that Stubbs is chasing, Rooney or otherwise.

43 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

Would be a good signing but not convinced that's the striker going by Stubbs Interviews.  After the world cup was mentioned quite a few times pointing to down south , have a feeling this will blow a few minds it's obviously a well known name maybe someone coming towards the end of their career. 

5 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Would be a good signing but not convinced that's the striker going by Stubbs Interviews.  After the world cup was mentioned quite a few times pointing to down south , have a feeling this will blow a few minds it's obviously a well known name maybe someone coming towards the end of their career. 

Bobby Charlton? 

The other Rooney !

2 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:
14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

The other Rooney !

Don't think that would be possible way out what we could afford. No idea who it is but with Stubbs comment on Friday sounds like an eye opener very exciting Stuubs own words. 

17 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Again, Stubbs said 'a few exciting signings', so there's more than just a singular forward coming in. 

22 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Ask yersel this...who wid want tae cum  tae Paisley an play an train  fur a pittance in a sub standard league in the freezing cauld?

I wid play for nowt and drive my Cab at other times. 

It is St Mirren we are talking about. 

Isn't any "marquee" signing reliant on us banking any McGinn sell on fee first ? Could it be a Hibs player in some sort of "deal" to lessen the actual cash they need to pay us ? After all Stubbs would know most of them, especially the younger ones with potential. Simon Murray being linked with a move to South Africa and Ollie Shaw are the 2 that spring to mind.

15 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Isn't any "marquee" signing reliant on us banking any McGinn sell on fee first ? Could it be a Hibs player in some sort of "deal" to lessen the actual cash they need to pay us ? After all Stubbs would know most of them, especially the younger ones with potential. Simon Murray being linked with a move to South Africa and Ollie Shaw are the 2 that spring to mind.

We got compensation for Jack Ross. 

8 minutes ago, billyg said:

Wonder what the strategy is , announce the new signings on Tuesday , parade them at the Spartans game and get some extra punters paying at the gates to see them ?

I'd imagine the first part of the strategy is to actually agree a deal with someone....