Who'd would you like to see lead the line this season, new striker imminent!

10 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I'd imagine the first part of the strategy is to actually agree a deal with someone....

I don't think Stubbsy would have been getting all wet between the thighs on Friday night , if deals hadn't already been agreed !

6 minutes ago, billyg said:

I don't think Stubbsy would have been getting all wet between the thighs on Friday night , if deals hadn't already been agreed !

Exactly. He's not going to come away with what he did on Friday if he was any less than 100% that deals are done. 

If indeed Stubbs has secured "marquee" signings, then they are going to be players that are either extremely highly rated young players at EPL/Championship level teams, or more experienced players that have a solid record of scoring goals at a higher level.

I'd be surprised if the signings came from the English lower leagues. I think he's finished exploring that option for just now.

Let's be honest, none of us will know until we read that great first line of every Flareybob post "a very reliable source tells me that............" 100% accuracy rate. Come on Flareybob put us out our misery

7 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

"I (like this suggestion but) readily admit that my knowledge ( of potentially available players) is limited!"

That hasn't stopped you in the past Ricky.

Now, now.  Doesn't stop anyone on here HMB

Edited by St.Ricky

45 minutes ago, FTOF said:

If indeed Stubbs has secured "marquee" signings, then they are going to be players that are either extremely highly rated young players at EPL/Championship level teams, or more experienced players that have a solid record of scoring goals at a higher level.

I'd be surprised if the signings came from the English lower leagues. I think he's finished exploring that option for just now.

I like your thinking FTOF

2 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

We got compensation for Jack Ross. 

I'd have thought that would have went towards the new management teams salary, including Brian Rice compo and Heaton transfer. In my opinion, i would also reckon Stubbs would be on a slightly increased salary to what JR was on

12 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

And Agents play no role in the process ?

I'm of the opinion Agents tout players to managers , giving their wage demands , transfer fee , and their footballing statistics   and the manager then chooses whether or not to follow up the recommendation . 

But ultimately the agent has as massive influence on s footballers career  , and the better managers are the ones that have good working relationships with a number of agents

Didn't I say that. 

22 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

James Keatings? Rumours going round he could be leaving Tannadice due to Csaba's "25 mile" rule. He's worked with Stubbs before too.

I wouldn't consider Keatings to be a marquee signing, to be honest.

17 minutes ago, Drew said:

I wouldn't consider Keatings to be a marquee signing, to be honest.

Doesn't necessarily need to be the marquee one, Stubbs is still looking at other options. He stated "one or two" to be very excited about but still has 4 or 5 to bring in. Keatings may be of interest to him.