Who'd would you like to see lead the line this season, new striker imminent!

1 minute ago, turrabuddie said:
4 minutes ago, DougJamie said:
I agree, there is so much guess work and "fake" news- called Speculation
Cody will bag 5 tonight and then the search is offer
Please please not Stokes.......................

Mullen and Smith to score tonight too

5 each?

19 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Aye, cos other clubs don’t know that these players are available. No agents have been in touch with them. They are just scanning the Daily Record every day in order to find new players! emoji1.png

I'm not sure if that argument applies to potential loan deals to the same extent. I can't imagine that agents hold much sway (any?) in terms of agreeing loans between clubs. Could be wrong, but it seems unlikely.

17 minutes ago, elvis said:

I did say prepare to be under whelmed looks like I am right .Surely this is not the marquee signings he is talking about.

*sigh* Isn't it better to wait and see who we sign before careering onto a downer based on shit served up by the scummy rag?

Hodson would be a solid dependable signing but hardly "exciting". Stokes on the other hand is a heid case and it will end in tears for sure, neither gets my juices flowing but hey ho whatever floats your boat.  The rumour has been circulating about stokes for weeks it's hardly breaking news and didn't he already fail to show up earlier in the season or was that just nonsense made up by someone on here ???

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Are some St.Mirren fans trying to say that a player of Lee Hodson's quality wouldn't be a very decent signing for us?

Certainly a step above any defender that we've signed in recent years.

Can understand why he came to us , raise his profile going to give all will move onto bigger things for sure. Looking forward to watching a team who could do very well this season we have a lot of good players way beyond my expectations. 

Hodson is only 26 but has 24 full caps and played for NI in European UEFA Football Championship qualifiers. As a full back he may not be classed as exciting but is a huge step up from the normal pedigree than comes to us. If we did sign him I would feel sorry for Paul McGinn as I could see him being the player being replaced. But Hodson would be a great signing if not an exciting one.

Edited by Sonny

1 hour ago, Big Yards said:

Stokes has played for his country, played for the best team in Scotland, played in the champions league, played in the EPL helped Hibs win the Scottish cup and scored goals everywhere he’s been. What is it our fans are wanting? He could be one of the biggest signings since Thommo and teale. I agree he could be a trouble maker but nobody can argue when it comes to his ability.

This. 

9 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Hodson would be a solid dependable signing but hardly "exciting". Stokes on the other hand is a heid case and it will end in tears for sure, neither gets my juices flowing but hey ho whatever floats your boat.  The rumour has been circulating about stokes for weeks it's hardly breaking news and didn't he already fail to show up earlier in the season or was that just nonsense made up by someone on here ???

I think I read somewhere that Stokes had a credible excuse for failing to turn up for the training camp. Not sure if there's any substance to that, right enough. Like you, he is not on my wanted list (he might be Interpol's, right enough).

Stokes has played for his country, played for the best team in Scotland, played in the champions league, played in the EPL helped Hibs win the Scottish cup and scored goals everywhere he’s been. What is it our fans are wanting? He could be one of the biggest signings since Thommo and teale. I agree he could be a trouble maker but nobody can argue when it comes to his ability.
Last played for the Republic in 2014 and has 20 league goals in the last 4 seasons. Has scored goals everywhere he's been unless you include the 5 clubs where he was rank - Sunderland, Crystal Palace, Sheffield United, Blackburn and Apollon Smyrni

14 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Stokes would be an "exciting" signing in the same way as being chased naked down the street by Jeffrey Dahmer would be "exciting"

It would be at the exact opposite end of the spectrum from exciting, it would be one of the most predictable signings ever and was speculated upon the day Stubbs was appointed !!!

I'm not sure if that argument applies to potential loan deals to the same extent. I can't imagine that agents hold much sway (any?) in terms of agreeing loans between clubs. Could be wrong, but it seems unlikely.

Every single club, manager, coach, etc in the country will be aware of who Micky Johnstone is and that he is at an age where he could be loaned out.

Do folk really believe that clubs find out this stuff in the papers?

Does anyone really think that a bunch of St Mirren fans are discussing it on a fans forum and that there is a manager somewhere who knows nothing about Johnstone?

I realise there are some posters on this forum who don’t believe that players actually exist unless they personally know about them.

But not everyone is as stupid as pozbaird.

25 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

It would be at the exact opposite end of the spectrum from exciting, it would be one of the most predictable signings ever and was speculated upon the day Stubbs was appointed !!!

He is a proven goal scorer. What has he done rape someone ? shoot someone ?

If Alan Stubbs sees fit to sign Stokes I will be happy enough if he was not sacked at Hibs he simply a player we could not afford. 

9 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Every single club, manager, coach, etc in the country will be aware of who Micky Johnstone is and that he is at an age where he could be loaned out.

Do folk really believe that clubs find out this stuff in the papers?

Does anyone really think that a bunch of St Mirren fans are discussing it on a fans forum and that there is a manager somewhere who knows nothing about Johnstone?

I realise there are some posters on this forum who don’t believe that players actually exist unless they personally know about them.

But not everyone is as stupid as pozbaird.

Wendy- You're at it again

You are pretty opinionated aren't you?

Maybe not all posters are as smart as you make out you are....

Live and let live a little

14 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

He is a proven goal scorer. What has he done rape someone ? shoot someone ?

If Alan Stubbs sees fit to sign Stokes I will be happy enough if he was not sacked at Hibs he simply a player we could not afford. 

Not since he left Celtic he hasn't been - not played anywhere near enough or scored the goals to make him anything but a risk. Add in his off-field antics and he's a no toucher for me. He's a lazy signing by Stubbs and as I said very predictable - he was mentioned here on day 1 of his tenure. He will bring nothing but unrest and discontent to the club imo but eacj to their own.

As for what has he done - 2 years suspended sentence and 230k expenses for the Elvis impersonator attack for starters. McGowan (rightly) gets pelters on here for his antics but they are nowt in comparison to that incident. Add in his various AWOLS and club discipline breaches but I'm sure he's a nice guy and just misunderstood !!!

Edited by Ayrshire Saints