So Farewell Then A Partick Thistle Legend

shull

Wow, only yesterday I was chatting to  a few fellow old gits in our local boozer about that 4-1 League Cup Final. 1970 or 1971 was it ?

We were talking about the invincible Celtic being ripped apart by the Maryhill no-hopers. Names being bounced about included Davie McParland, Alan Rough Jimmy Bone, Alex Rae and Denis McQuade. What an amazing result for the Thistle.

5 minutes ago, Franny Fat said:

did we play montrose away on that day?

It sticks in my mind someone telling me the amazing

score in a chip shop on the way back.

Played Dunfermline away in a Friendly that day.

Montrose away was a week later. ( Did you have a go with the Links Park Dynamo ?  )

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1971&GameID=197110230

2 minutes ago, Franny Fat said:

thank christ for that, I was sure we were coming back to paisley on the coort bor bus  from somewhere.

I was only 8 years old but I am confident the "crazy" Northbank Agaro" would have knocked fùck out of them.

Had they been christened " Northbank Agaro " in 1971 ?

I joined the Junior Supporters in 1972 and there was no mention of Northbank then. I could be wrong.

13 minutes ago, Franny Fat said:

you're shit stirring again ya cheeky auld swine. :hammer

Serious.

It was called the St Mirren Choir among other things.

Can only mind of the North Bank getting mentioned during the Fergie era.

13 hours ago, Franny Fat said:

we did not play an official game on 23rd October 1971,

is it possible we played a friendly?

As Shull says , we played Dunfermline in a friendly , Dennis Connaghan's last game for the club ,  the last goal he conceded was scored by Pat Gardner , Jim's old man. Dennis's first game for Celtic was during the following midweek as Evan Williams was dropped by Big Jock following the LC Final , it was v Dunfermline and the first goal Dennis conceded for Celtic was scored by , Pat Gardner !