Road To Hampden - Scottish Cup 2018/19

13 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It will never be on TV, one of the less interesting ties for the neutral.

There's all the usual suspects, plus a Highland Derby ahead of this one.

Quite interesting for us though, Utd will be out for revenge for last season!

I’d say ours is one of the ones you’d be look for a “shock” in alongside East Fife v Partick. Highland Derby would be first on my list followed by the two I’ve mentioned. Celtic v St Johnstone is a pish tie but you can guarantee it’ll be on TV, while Killie v Sevco (presuming the Sevvies don’t get done) is actually a decent tie in fairness.

24 minutes ago, Kemp said:

It will never be on TV, one of the less interesting ties for the neutral.

There's all the usual suspects, plus a Highland Derby ahead of this one.

Quite interesting for us though, Utd will be out for revenge for last season!

They could show that one on Gaelic TV.

Who south of Inverness is interested.    Unless your from Cornwall. :whistle

Edited by pod

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I’d say ours is one of the ones you’d be look for a “shock” in alongside East Fife v Partick. Highland Derby would be first on my list followed by the two I’ve mentioned. Celtic v St Johnstone is a pish tie but you can guarantee it’ll be on TV, while Killie v Sevco (presuming the Sevvies don’t get done) is actually a decent tie in fairness.

Dundee United are still operating on a bigger budget than us. Hardly would be a shock if we lose, and don't think the rest of Scotland is too interested!

12 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Dundee United are still operating on a bigger budget than us. Hardly would be a shock if we lose, and don't think the rest of Scotland is too interested!

I do agree with you on this, hence why I used the quotation marks for the word shock.

The perfect example yesterday for me was Motherwell 1-2 Ross County. SPL side having a difficult season against the league leaders of the Championship. No surprise to me that Ross County won yesterday. It wouldn’t surprise me at all if Dundee United defeated us, but I hope the new guys will have settled in by then and hopefully we will look like a better side come this match. It’s definitely a comfort we have home advantage.

On 1/20/2019 at 5:43 PM, stlucifer said:

I hope this is moved for TV as I'm at college on the 9th.

TV games announced..........

Sat games.......

Stennie/Aberdeen v QOTS/Dundee

Killie v Cowdenbeath/sevco

Sun..............

Sellic v St Johnstone

Mon.........

Ross Co v ICT.

No surprises there then.

On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:40 AM, turrabuddie said:
On ‎1‎/‎21‎/‎2019 at 12:31 AM, Buddie-Boy said:
I have a funny feeling about the cup this year...

I think we are going to do very well.

I feel the same. However, I do have that same funny feeling every year...

Given that Utd have 5 new signings in this window, sold Curran and having their recent defeat against Ayr, that they are not over-performing at this moment either.

I think our team will be working better together by this game, so might theirs be, but we now have more firepower.

If our attitude and tactics are good and we have no new fitness / injury hassles, options on the bench etc. I could see us win this one  3  v 1  :turtle

On 1/30/2019 at 2:00 PM, Sweeper07 said:

Given that Utd have 5 new signings in this window, sold Curran and having their recent defeat against Ayr, that they are not over-performing at this moment either.

I think our team will be working better together by this game, so might theirs be, but we now have more firepower.

If our attitude and tactics are good and we have no new fitness / injury hassles, options on the bench etc. I could see us win this one  3  v 1  :turtle

Let's hope the cup has came too soon for them

A totally different team now

Cammy Smith will be lucky to get on the pitch