Worst Result In Our History

Can I say the defeat by Raith Rovers in the Challenge Cup last Season was easily the worst and the most unforgivable in the history of our beloved Club. 

Judas Jack should be reminded of his betrayal this Saturday. 

Just now, Dave The Buddie said:

I’m not panicking I’m simply stating IMO that is our worst result. It’s not a win as a win would give us 3pts

I know the performance was not up to standard 6 changes were made from Friday. The Killie performance came as a pleasant surprise one I'm sure we will see a lot more of with a more cutting edge. 

Taken in context, last night's result was a million miles away from being our worst result.

Based purely on league status, then I suppose it is.

I'm devastated................................

Edited by FTOF

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I'm devastated................................

Likewise ! So much so I left before the pens last night , and like others who were leaving at the same time , I couldn't have given a shit whether we got the bonus point or not , the damage was done.

As I have said many times this was a truly dreadful performance against a part time AMATEUR team.A wake up call confirmed surely that the non league English guys recently signed cannot be trusted against Premier teams.Initial bad judgement by management.Clear sign that at least five quality signings MUST be made sooner than later.

Losing 5-0 to Forfar in the league cup 86-87 was worse in my opinion, though we had a decent end to that season.  Scottish cup replay at home to St Johnstone in the Cup quarters when we were 3 down after about 12 minutes also hurt.  The fact is if we win our next two games we will qualify as with the results so far at least 4 other clubs will only reach 9 points.

What a great thread
A game we won on pens is our worst in our history- That's a comical statement...............
Obviously this was your 2nd match- You rocket

What part do you not get. 3pts = Win. Draw = 1pt with penalty win = 2pts.

Season ticket holder btw. Do you go to games? If you think that result is acceptable given the size of the gulf between the teams then stick to being a keyboard warrior spurting guff.

Losing 5-0 to Forfar in the league cup 86-87 was worse in my opinion, though we had a decent end to that season.  Scottish cup replay at home to St Johnstone in the Cup quarters when we were 3 down after about 12 minutes also hurt.  The fact is if we win our next two games we will qualify as with the results so far at least 4 other clubs will only reach 9 points.

Decent shouts for our worst results. I was asking a question as a disgruntled fan after last night.

Do I think it will have a bearing on the league. No but it highlights our squad is nowhere good enough.

23 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

What a great thread

A game we won on pens is our worst in our history- That's a comical statement...............

Obviously this was your 2nd match- You rocket

We will look back at this Thread next May and wonder what all the fuss was about, especially with us qualified for Europe via not just winning the Scottish Cup but mostly due to our finishing League position. 

10 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Decent shouts for our worst results. I was asking a question as a disgruntled fan after last night.

Do I think it will have a bearing on the league. No but it highlights our squad is nowhere good enough.

What about the Killie game ?  Were these English players not good enough ? 

We will look back at this Thread next May and wonder what all the fuss was about, especially with us qualified for Europe via not just winning the Scottish Cup but mostly due to our finishing League position. 

I hope your right.

Do I believe this will have a baring on our league season. No.

It’s certainly up there as being our worst ever results. No doubt.

36 minutes ago, billyg said:

It wasn't a win , you get three points for a win. It was a draw , with a bonus point , which in the grand scheme won't be enough to get us through from the section !

Wins against QP & Dumbarton should still see us through as one of the best placed second teams.

On the original point "Worst Result In Our History" it wasn't a defeat some of those "real" cup defeats to lower league opposition Forfar (see above) and East Fife (2006) would rank as worse IMO.

On the bigger picture the general feeling before the Killie game was that given the circumstances anything we got from the LC would be a bonus. One game later and the bipolar nature of our support is revealed again. :lol

As the records will show, we won the game on penalties as prescribed under the rules of the competition. What wont show but mentioned by others were the 6 team changes, the 33+ shots at goal. the fabulous goalkeeping display by Spartans keeper or the decision by the referee to ignore the offside flag of his linesmen which led to us stopping play whilst Spartans put the ball in the net. A night to remember fondly? I don't think so. The worst result ever - Absolutely not. (Hammerby, 2010 Final etc). Alan Stubbs chose his team, gave new faces a chance to make their mark and believed they were good enough to win the game. As it turned out he made substitutions which got us back level and hungry for a win,

36 minutes ago, 17/03/13 said:

It was a glorified pre season friendly ffs

Agreed we had an experimental team out against one of the top NL clubs who probably fielded their strongest team giving it the proverbial 110% - disappointing result but some of the reaction is OTT.

32 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Really. So the League Cup is a glorified pre season friendly.

There goes all the 2013 memorabilia with lifetime memories

Arguably the current format does devalue the tournament with the group stage being a bit premature but the "big" teams come in at the last 16 (IIRC they were exempt from one round compared to other top flight teams in 2013) so its still a prestigious tournament.

• Third round: The 11 winners of the second round are joined by the five SPL sides participating in European competition.[3]
Edited by Bud the Baker

36 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

What part do you not get. 3pts = Win. Draw = 1pt with penalty win = 2pts.

Season ticket holder btw. Do you go to games? If you think that result is acceptable given the size of the gulf between the teams then stick to being a keyboard warrior spurting guff.

I  was entertained last night, was a good game for the neutral and saw our new players, some playing their first game

Your just Mr Angry- Did you have a go at the Linesman and Ref after first goal?

Again its a stupid pointless rant of a thread, you don't need to share your insecurities with us, just buy nappies