Worst Result In Our History

Last night was a disappointment after the impressive start on Friday night.

But we fought back and went from 0/3 points to 2/3 points  in the last 30 mins

feeling disappointed does not indicate the worst result in history.

feeling gutted would be a candidate for worst result in history - so Hammarby and LC 2010 are the leading contenders for me.

Last night was a disappointment after the impressive start on Friday night.
But we fought back and went from 0/3 points to 2/3 points  in the last 30 mins
feeling disappointed does not indicate the worst result in history.
feeling gutted would be a candidate for worst result in history - so Hammarby and LC 2010 are the leading contenders for me.

They were disappointing results sure but the opposition were a million miles better than Spartans

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

What a great thread

A game we won on pens is our worst in our history- That's a comical statement...............

Obviously this was your 2nd match- You rocket

and we have hardly established ourselves as a Premiership club. We have to earn that.  

I  was entertained last night, was a good game for the neutral and saw our new players, some playing their first game
Your just Mr Angry- Did you have a go at the Linesman and Ref after first goal?
Again its a stupid pointless rant of a thread, you don't need to share your insecurities with us, just buy nappies

Who are you trying to kid you went? You were at Firhill last night with McGraw Jnr.

The thread isn't stupid. It just lacks context. It could actually be a great thread. Something along the lines of "If last night wasn't our worst result ever, what was and why?"

From my perspective, on a completely standalone basis, with no context other than Premiership St. Mirren vs Non League Spartans, then I doubt we've had a worse result ever.

However, as others have said, add all that context and it is nowhere near our worst. Not even close.

It was still utter $h1te though!!

Even if we still qualify 1st or 2nd, we may have now thrown away the chance to be seeded in the next round (last 16) as the seedings go to the top 4 group winners. That would put any team in with a good shout of suddenly being in a national cup QF.  

Pretty shambolic. We manage to balls up this competition every summer. 

Doesn't matter if it's early in the season or whether you believe that the competition has been devalued by the SFL - plain and simple, we should be beating Spartans. We've fecked it up like in previous seasons where we should have taken enough goals off of lower league teams (Edinburgh City?) to see us through. 

4 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Even if we still qualify 1st or 2nd, we may have now thrown away the chance to be seeded in the next round (last 16) as the seedings go to the top 4 group winners. That would put any team in with a good shout of suddenly being in a national cup QF.  

Pretty shambolic. We manage to balls up this competition every summer. 

Doesn't matter if it's early in the season or whether you believe that the competition has been devalued by the SFL - plain and simple, we should be beating Spartans. Just like in previous seasons where we should have taken enough goals off of lower league teams (Edinburgh City?) to see us through. 

You mean the competition we won 5 years ago, under the old format

Again this is a ridiculous thread. Its mid July FFS...................

What do you expect. Accies lost to Annan, Utd , , Falkirk all losing to  lower league................... this is no a guide and all teams are rusty or gelling......

Yes we should be beating Spartans- But hey Germany should be beating South Korea!!!

Oh and Killie should be beating us!!

Thrown away nothing.....................

3 minutes ago, Maboza said:

I can overlook a shocker under the circumstances, but the above is the annoying part.

Winning the remaining three games after Killie gave us an outstanding chance of a favourable draw in the last 16.

If we strengthen an gel as we hope , who knows where that could lead.

Now the chances are that we'll be playing someone from the top 6 if we get through.

Just now, Dirty Sanchez said:

I can overlook a shocker under the circumstances, but the above is the annoying part.

Winning the remaining three games after Killie gave us an outstanding chance of a favourable draw in the last 16.

If we strengthen an gel as we hope , who knows where that could lead.

Now the chances are that we'll be playing someone from the top 6 if we get through.

You mean like eh Kilmarnock ??

2 hours ago, aldo_j said:

Did we? 

The best Killie can do is go level on points with us, surely? Then we would stay above them as we beat them? Or does it work on GD? 

GD, but...

2 hours ago, billyg said:

No we didn't , we handed the section to Kilmarnock on a plate , jeopardising the chance of a money-spinning last 16 game. Disgraceful !

As Aldo says, the best Killie can do is draw level (presuming we win our final two games in 90 mins). At 10pts, it won't matter if Killie beat us to top spot, we will progress anyway. Four best 2nd placed sides make it through, suffering one 90 minute defeat already means you can only max out at 9pts. It's the 8/9 pt threshold that should get you worried. No need to panic (yet).

1 hour ago, 17/03/13 said:

It was a glorified pre season friendly ffs

No it wasn't. 

It was a League Cup Tie. 

The Tournament we won in 2013. 

The Sunderland game on Saturday is a glorified training session and admission to it should be free. 

5 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

You mean the competition we won 5 years ago, under the old format

Again this is a ridiculous thread. Its mid July FFS...................

What do you expect. Accies lost to Annan, Utd , , Falkirk all losing to  lower league................... this is no a guide and all teams are rusty or gelling......

Yes we should be beating Spartans- But hey Germany should be beating South Korea!!!

Oh and Killie should be beating us!!

Thrown away nothing.....................

What do I expect? 

I expect that our team....  that we assembled and put through a rigorous pre-season at excellent, expensive facilities in Spain, whilst being guided by our top-level coaches ...   I expect that team to be able to go out and beat Spartans as we should be so clearly ahead of them - rusty/gelling shouldn't come in to it.  Same goes to all those other teams you mention. I guess that's football but doesn't mean that we shouldn't be doing better. 

4 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

GD, but...

As Aldo says, the best Killie can do is draw level (presuming we win our final two games in 90 mins). At 10pts, it won't matter if Killie beat us to top spot, we will progress anyway. Four best 2nd placed sides make it through, suffering one 90 minute defeat already means you can only max out at 9pts. It's the 8/9 pt threshold that should get you worried. No need to panic (yet).

Don't think anyone is suggesting we can't still comfortably qualify, more that we've probably blown the chance to top that group.

Even that is far from certain, What is clear though is that to have any chance, we'll probably have to scud Dumbarton and QP by plenty goals and hope that Killie can't manage to do the same. The problem is that on paper, we have already passed up the opportunity to scud the supposed weakest team and if fact didnae even beat them.

Just now, Dirty Sanchez said:

Yes, that's right. 

I'd prefer to play one the 35 teams who finished below Kilmarnock in the league last season because they are all likely to be not as good as them.

See when/if we qualify I shall then concern myself with that................... if we play well we could beat anyone / play mince lose to anyone..... that's how it works

The team didn't try to play badly last night, and it was a poor first 60 mins, the last 35 mins was actually very entertaining. Two goals, underside of Bar, great saves, Bar rattled, bad misses and total dominance

All ingredients of our worst ever performance ?  Only a prat would start that thread

1 minute ago, Dave The Buddie said:

We all seem to think Dumbarton & Queens Park are certain wins. Does last night no tell you something?

Yeah , it told me we have no given right to win every football match we play in regardless of their league. Oh wait a minute,  I already knew this.

Killie could lose their next 3 games in this competition for all we know. Nothing is certain.