Worst Result In Our History

Just now, DougJamie said:

See when/if we qualify I shall then concern myself with that................... if we play well we could beat anyone / play mince lose to anyone..... that's how it works

The team didn't try to play badly last night, and it was a poor first 60 mins, the last 35 mins was actually very entertaining. Two goals, underside of Bar, great saves, Bar rattled, bad misses and total dominance

All ingredients of our worst ever performance ?  Only a prat would start that thread

I know. The first thing I said is that I can overlook a shite performance in the circumstances, and I've seen loads that could rival last night's.

If we do go through, which isn't certain at all, I'd just rather meet another team that we should be beating, rather than one that should be beating us.

3 minutes ago, Maboza said:

What do I expect? 

I expect that our team....  that we assembled and put through a rigorous pre-season at excellent, expensive facilities in Spain, whilst being guided by our top-level coaches ...   I expect that team to be able to go out and beat Spartans as we should be so clearly ahead of them - rusty/gelling shouldn't come in to it.  Same goes to all those other teams you mention. I guess that's football but doesn't mean that we shouldn't be doing better. 

For the record I had 5-0 Saints at Bookies ................ so I also expected a hammering.

If you were at game, you will see that the last 35mins was in line with a 5-0 game, it took a new team time and changes to make things happen.......

As a Saints supporter I don't take anything for granted, I expect all players to give 100% effort, I saw that, a few had poor sections to the game, McShane was particular poor , however he was still trying

16 minutes ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

I can overlook a shocker under the circumstances, but the above is the annoying part.

Winning the remaining three games after Killie gave us an outstanding chance of a favourable draw in the last 16.

If we strengthen an gel as we hope , who knows where that could lead.

Now the chances are that we'll be playing someone from the top 6 if we get through.

Like the aforementioned Killie who we beat on penalties - the drama queenery on this thread, erm, was probably to have been expected.

2 hours ago, billyg said:

It wasn't a win , you get three points for a win. It was a draw , with a bonus point , which in the grand scheme won't be enough to get us through from the section !

Get over it Billy FFS.

The game was pish, an embarrassment the worst in our entire history. The manager should be shot,stabbed, murdered, sacked. The players aren't good enough, rank rotten , out of their depth, amateurs, shit. Don't know what happened at Kilmarnock. A blip, a fluke, a draw. We'll be back down to the Championship before you can say "bring on the Morton".

It was one bad game. OK ,a very bad game, against a team we should have murdered. but we didn't.  That's just St.Mirren.  FFS , Last year we just managed to beat East Kilbride, with Morgan scoring the winner in the 92 minute (15.8.17). That's what you get with St. Mirren It's always been the same. BUT. We move on to the next game and cheer on the team. I'm sure our new manager knows what he's doing and has already condemned the performance( http://www.the-gazette.co.uk/sport/16361318.stubbs-steps-ups-striker-search-after-poor-display/  ). If we are going to over react to every defeat like this one, then it is indeed going to be a very long season indeed. I'm not complaining about the general moaning of a shit game, just the sheer over reaction.   COME ON THE NEW SIGNINGS.        COYS.

See when/if we qualify I shall then concern myself with that................... if we play well we could beat anyone / play mince lose to anyone..... that's how it works
The team didn't try to play badly last night, and it was a poor first 60 mins, the last 35 mins was actually very entertaining. Two goals, underside of Bar, great saves, Bar rattled, bad misses and total dominance
All ingredients of our worst ever performance ?  Only a prat would start that thread

More insults from Mr Morton.

We played non league Spartans. Tell me a time when we never beat a non league side at home in a competitive match?

Not Morton but St Mirren?

DJ you probably work in an office abusing the works network for free WiFi as you only post during the day.

Just now, Dave The Buddie said:

We played non league Spartans. Tell me a time when we never beat a non league side at home in a competitive match?

DJ you probably work in an office abusing the works network for free WiFi as you only post during the day.

Not abusing Dave, I also post at night, in fact I even did from the game last night....

I do know Spartans beat Morton in the Cup a few years back. I also know it took a replay years back for us to beat them.............

I also know we were 1-0 down to EK last season with minutes to go.

As you were at the game last night you also would have seen the chances we passed up last night. However its a bit early to be saying papering over cracks.....

Anyway enjoy your WIFI, paid or otherwise.......................

We beat EK 2-1.

I repeat. I am started a topic after last nights draw if this was the worst result in our history.

IMO it is no matter how many chances we had last night. Even Spartans fans are claiming it as their best ever result.

I never said this will a effect our season. This topic was started on the back off an one off game.

Glad your keeping your finger on the pulse with Morton results though. I will be sure who to ask if I need any updates on our rivals.

25 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Eh, Non league Spartans FC on 6th Feb 2006. 0-0  (away from home 'though) We did however beat them on the replay, only to be beaten by Second Division Gretna FC .  WE WENT ON TO WIN THE LEAGUE.

Scottish Cup
07/01/2006 3 Motherwell Love Street 3-0 Adam(2) Potter
05/02/2006 4 Spartans City Park 0-0  
14/02/2006 Replay Spartans Love Street 3-0 Sutton Adam Maxwell
28/02/2006 ¼  Final Gretna Raydale Park 0-1  
Edited by Buddie Marvelous

24 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Tell me a time when we never beat a non league side at home in a competitive match?

St. Mirren have only ever lost one competitive match to a non-league side.

The 1920/21 season when they lost 3-2 at home to Armadale in the 1st round of the Scottish Cup.

2 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

St. Mirren have only ever lost one competitive match to a non-league side.

The 1920/21 season when they lost 3-2 at home to Armadale in the 1st round of the Scottish Cup.

So the simple answer is

We haven't lost to a non league team in 98 years- so last night was not our worst result ever ............

Told u

Stupid pointless rant of a thread :whistle

Eh, Non league Spartans FC on 6th Feb 2006. 0-0  (away from home 'though) We did however beat them on the replay, only to be beaten by Second Division Gretna FC .  WE WENT ON TO WIN THE LEAGUE.

Scottish Cup
07/01/2006 3 Motherwell Love Street 3-0 Adam(2) Potter
05/02/2006 4 Spartans City Park 0-0  
14/02/2006 Replay Spartans Love Street 3-0 Sutton Adam Maxwell
28/02/2006 ¼  Final Gretna Raydale Park 0-1  

Away from home as you mentioned and we won the home tie.

Why didn't u just put a question mark after your thread starter and the answer would have been - No it isnt
And you wouldnt have made such a tit out of yourself into the bargain

Another insult Mr Morton.

Lack of intelligence is astounding but that’s what you get from a Morton masquerading as a St Mirren fan.

3 hours ago, billyg said:

No we didn't , we handed the section to Kilmarnock on a plate , jeopardising the chance of a money-spinning last 16 game. Disgraceful !

Might be missing something here but Kilmarnock can only get ten points the same as us is that not right

1 minute ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Another insult Mr Morton.

Lack of intelligence is astounding but that’s what you get from a Morton masquerading as a St Mirren fan.

You are not very good at answering questions are you?

You started this thread, still like to know what you were trying to achieve- or was it just a rant......?

If you think calling me a Morton fan is bothering me then you're a bigger fud than you are already demonstrating   , as I said on another thread last night, anyone who judges teams or players in mid July should follow cricket not football......

LBW - Your Out

You are not very good at answering questions are you?
You started this thread, still like to know what you were trying to achieve- or was it just a rant......?
If you think calling me a Morton fan is bothering me then you're a bigger fud than you are already demonstrating   , as I said on another thread last night, anyone who judges teams or players in mid July should follow cricket not football......
LBW - Your Out

How this Morton fan is not in the sin bin is beyond me. For starting a topic I have been called a fud, fanny etc. Let get this guy out of this forum.

If you think the result last night was acceptable you are a Morton fan on here on the wind up.

If you don’t like the topic stop replying to it.

3 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

How this Morton fan is not in the sin bin is beyond me. For starting a topic I have been called a fud, fanny etc. Let get this guy out of this forum.

If you think the result last night was acceptable you are a Morton fan on here on the wind up.

Your thread is the total definition ( long word sorry) of a WUM.............  

A neg thread trying create a bad feeling/feelings towards the team

Lowest of the low....................

Give it a rest stop being a fud

Last night's result was unprofessional, born of a Billy Big Baws attitude amongst the players who thought we just had to turn up and score 10 goals.

That is why we can compete with Killie but struggle against these smaller teams.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

As the records will show, we won the game on penalties as prescribed under the rules of the competition. What wont show but mentioned by others were the 6 team changes, the 33+ shots at goal. the fabulous goalkeeping display by Spartans keeper or the decision by the referee to ignore the offside flag of his linesmen which led to us stopping play whilst Spartans put the ball in the net. A night to remember fondly? I don't think so. The worst result ever - Absolutely not. (Hammerby, 2010 Final etc). Alan Stubbs chose his team, gave new faces a chance to make their mark and believed they were good enough to win the game. As it turned out he made substitutions which got us back level and hungry for a win,

Wrong

The result was a draw and the record shows that.  A bonus point was awarded for winning the penalty shoot out.