Worst Result In Our History

Just now, Dave The Buddie said:

After the green shoots of the Killie game to us scraping a draw at home against non league opposition.

That has to be up there as our worst result ever given we are a top flight club against a non league club? Any results worse?

We won last night. 

Many many worse!
Off the top of my head Hammarby, cup final 2010, many defeats to lower league teams on the 80s.
Going further back we have lost to non league teams before.
All these games were later in the season when the team was "a team"
Last night shows that we are not gelled yet and there is still some work to do.
The league season is still a couple of weeks away. That is when I will judge.

1 minute ago, billyg said:

No we didn't , we handed the section to Kilmarnock on a plate , jeopardising the chance of a money-spinning last 16 game. Disgraceful !

Did we? 

The best Killie can do is go level on points with us, surely? Then we would stay above them as we beat them? Or does it work on GD? 

1 minute ago, aldo_j said:

Did we? 

The best Killie can do is go level on points with us, surely? Then we would stay above them as we beat them? Or does it work on GD? 

GD

Edited by billyg

Fcuk sake. Worst result ever? What a load of bollocks. Mental thread.

I’m indulging here and I really shouldn’t, but if you think drawing, then winning on pens, in a bastardised by the authorities mid-July League Cup group tie with half a new team, untried formations, and a new manager settling in is worse than the 2010 LC final defeat, then you need help. Doesn’t matter if it was Spartans. We. Did. Not. Lose. That is a fact. Debate the performance all you like, that simply is not our worst result ever.

We had a nine man OF team at our mercy, and fcuked it up. Half of the cnuts never stayed to watch their team lift the trophy. We live with, work with, have family who support one of those two cnuts and it was our shot to give us a true lifetime memory of the day we pumped the Rangers. A St Mirren captain lifting a national trophy as they slunk out staring at their shoes, with their songbook and loyalist scarves shoved up their arses sideways.

A crappy draw followed by a penalty win was our worst result ever. Jesus f-ing Christ.

Rant over.

Edited by pozbaird

2 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Fcuk sake. Worst result ever? What a load of bollocks.

Considering it was a home first-team competitive game in a national cup competition , against  opposition of non-league semi-professional quality , then it probably is our worst result ever !

22 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

After the green shoots of the Killie game to us scraping a draw at home against non league opposition.

That has to be up there as our worst result ever given we are a top flight club against a non league club? Any results worse?

The last time in 2006 when we drew 0-0 with them was worse considering that was mid-season.

11 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Name a worse one am happy to hear it? We are a Premiership club at home against a non league club.

Here’s the news again. We didn’t even lose the game. Please explain how, even allowing for the opposition (who caused us problems in the past), a draw followed by a bonus point win, in a group stage game even comes close to being our worst result in all of history. Yeah, we’re a Premiership team...who haven’t even played a Premiership league game yet. 

Feck sake, the ball through Billy’s legs at Dens was worse, Hammarby was worse, getting pumped by Gretna away with the path to Hampden lying there was worse, a 7-0 Sellik pumping is worse. Could go on all day.

Stupid thread, absolute pish.

Edited by pozbaird

4 minutes ago, billyg said:

Away from home on a terrible pitch !

Both teams had to play on it!

They've made a mockery of this cup by essentially turning it into a pre season tournament. Which is why you see freak results like our Partick 5-0 last year.I wouldnt read too much into it.

If it happened mid season it would be a different issue all together.

Hammarby was a European tie with the winner playing Cologne , the LC final was exactly that , A FINAL , a game that we did so well to reach in the first place , so these two weren't bad results. Last night's was , because of the standard of opposition. No too difficult to understand , is it ?

I've just got my bus pass , and I can't think of any , refresh my ageing memory !
Not in recent years. Back to the 20s. But we survived and a century later we are still here.
This was basically pre season thanks to the changes in the competition.
Not time to panic.

1 minute ago, LargsBud said:

Both teams had to play on it!

They've made a mockery of this cup by essentially turning it into a pre season tournament. Which is why you see freak results like our Partick 5-0 last year.I wouldnt read too much into it.

If it happened mid season it would be a different issue all together.

I would , the standard of some of the new guys is questionable , to say the least.