Best Draw In Our History

2 minutes ago, scottd said:

What about worst draws?  Dumbarton 3-3 St Mirren in October 1993, Saints 3 up with 13 minutes remaining and manage to blow it.  Still sends a chill down my spine thinking about that game.

For one of the worst I’d go back to 1977 too. 3-1 up on Celtic with less than 10 minutes to go and drew 3-3. The only points we dropped to them that whole season. Doesn’t even seem possible now.

3 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Yep.  great  evening. The ground was buzzing.  Official crowd figures around 17000 but possibly....... Much  higher. 

It’s funny,  I was there that night,,, but have very little vivid memories of it. I have much better memories of plenty of other games around that time and before, which is strange considering the stars that were on show that night.

1-1 v Liverpool.

I remember it well.

Alex Ferguson our manager at the time.

Our equaliser just creeped underneath Clemence and just about made it over the line ( it rained that night )

Then we went on to lose in penalties

Centenary game for us as many will know.

Tremendous Liverpool team then, a certain Kenny Dalgleish scored their goal.

Crowd was actually given as 20,000

IMG_1531942207.221607.thumb.jpg.7c8eb6f0c16313b14e2d9aee47241af6.jpg

1-1 at Ibrox, fantastic move from defence and cracked into the net by Thommo, in the last minute or so if I recall.

Was at that game. Best equaliser ever. IIRC the goal came in about the 5th minute of injury time. Most of the bluebells had already left.

55 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

For one of the worst I’d go back to 1977 too. 3-1 up on Celtic with less than 10 minutes to go and drew 3-3. The only points we dropped to them that whole season. Doesn’t even seem possible now.

you forgot to mention , we played most the game with ten men

56 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

5 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Not the greatest but a memorable one against a team with superb history in Europe. We should have beaten them that night.

0-0 St Etienne.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1980&GameID=198010220

I reckon this was one of our best ever draws , half the French national team and a condom salesman , who went on to beat a Hamburg team  five nil in Germany the following round 

55 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Not the greatest but a memorable one against a team with superb history in Europe. We should have beaten them that night.

0-0 St Etienne.

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk/StMirren/STM_Match_Details.php?Season=1980&GameID=198010220

Brilliant, never knew any footage of this game existed, I was there but don't  remember anything about the game, but I remember 

hanging about outside the main stand after the game in the hope of getting Johnny Reps autograph, never got it but I got a slap on 

the back of the heid off my Maw for being late home, I was about 11 at the time...

1 hour ago, whydowebother said:

I remember it well.

Alex Ferguson our manager at the time.

Our equaliser just creeped underneath Clemence and just about made it over the line ( it rained that night )

Then we went on to lose in penalties

Centenary game for us as many will know.

Tremendous Liverpool team then, a certain Kenny Dalgleish scored their goal.

Crowd was actually given as 20,000

IMG_1531942207.221607.thumb.jpg.7c8eb6f0c16313b14e2d9aee47241af6.jpg

Thanks WDWB. 20,000 and counting! Only time I saw Love Street more crowded in my time as a supporter was the cup game against Celtic where Johnny Doyle was involved in what many felt was an offside goal.  I think the crowd was given as 26,500 or so but there were many more there in my opinion.