Where was VAR when we needed it?

3 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

think the ref indicated that he believed the final ball through came off one of our defenders so he couldn't be offside

It did I was right in line.

Whether or not it was correct to call it onside as a result (it was in the past but the new rules suggest otherwise) the lesson is the one you were taught when you were five - Play to the whistle

4 hours ago, Swiss_Saint said:

think the ref indicated that he believed the final ball through came off one of our defenders so he couldn't be offside

Whether is came off one of our players or not is completely immaterial.

At the point at which the Spartans player passed the ball, the scorer was either in an offside position or he wasn't. The fact that it hit one of our players is completely irrelevant.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Referee always has the final say, so he can ignore the linesman at his choosing. It's rare but it does happen.
Mullen's chance would be down to goal line techcnology, not VAR [emoji14]
Could have done with goal line technology many years ago at Hampden against the blue bigots [emoji24]

11 minutes ago, marrez said:

Watched it again on buddievision - the ref was correct and Heaton was playing the Spartans player onside - didnt  even matter that it deflected off our guy. 

Linesman got it wrong, ref called it right, we didnt even appear to stop really.

Thanks marrez

Watched it again on buddievision - the ref was correct and Heaton was playing the Spartans player onside - didnt  even matter that it deflected off our guy. 
Linesman got it wrong, ref called it right, we didnt even appear to stop really.

Aye the angle from the camera on buddie vision is much better than that of the linesman had of the offside.

And ofcourse it doesn’t matter that it deflected off our players because that’s the offside rule lol

The best person to judge if that was offside or onside was the linesman and he flagged for offside.

10 hours ago, DougJamie said:

It def wasn't a pen, that was the old " I fecked up-balance it up " call from ref. Why he never once faced the linesman was what got me 

I was pretty much in line with it and I thought there were 2 players offside.

• 3 years later...