St Mirren Don't Want My Money.

At St Mirren Park presently. As I have a few Orders pending for tomorrow's Match Programme, I thought I would pop in and get them early. 

Asked in the Shop, they said no and I could get them just before match tomorrow. 

Asked the lady at Reception. She said no as they're not available for sale. Then I noticed the programmes in boxes next to the front door. I pointed this out. The lady again said no, not available for sale. I had the money in hand ready for purchase but to no avail 

I asked to see Campbell Kennedy but he wasn't available either. 

I walked away empty handed and absolutely fuming. 

Maybe cutting my nose off to spite my face but thinking of cancelling all St Mirren Programme Orders from tomorrow and in the future. 

Dreadful Business Practices from St Mirren. 

Just to add, I had phoned the Club on Wednesday regarding the Sunderland programmes and said I would pop in on Friday to see about them. 

It really is unbelievable that we have a Club Shop opened at the moment and tomorrow's Match Programmes sitting sealed in Boxes in Main Reception. 

Laughable. 

Big Advert on Official Site promoting tomorrow's Match Programme. 

They say it will be available ' ahead ' of the Game. 

What kind.do of Commercial speak is that ? 

Why not say only at the match or even better.. 

The Match Programme will be available to purchase from Friday at 1pm onwards from the Club Shop and Stadium Reception. 

St Mirren have intimated that tomorrow's match programme will be available for sale ahead of tomorrow's match.

Now it appears that the match programme will be unavailable for sale until sometime ahead of tomorrow's match.

So, therefore, you are disappointed with St Mirren because they have done exactly what they said would be happening.

Nope, you've got me there shull !!!

1 hour ago, Wilbur said:

St Mirren have intimated that tomorrow's match programme will be available for sale ahead of tomorrow's match.

Now it appears that the match programme will be unavailable for sale until sometime ahead of tomorrow's match.

So, therefore, you are disappointed with St Mirren because they have done exactly what they said would be happening.

Nope, you've got me there shull !!!

It got me also. 

Absolutely baffling and outrageous that a supporter /customer can be standing in the Main Reception of St Mirren Football Club,money in hand to purchase a few Match Programmes. 

The said Programmes are in Boxes 4 feet away and not one person in the whole Stadium, including Gordon Scott, Campbell Kennedy and many more could not take 20 seconds out of their time to help seal the deal which is actually advantageous to the Club. 

After buying Programmes for decades, I will purchase no more. 

Years ago at Love Street, there was never a problem. Press the buzzer at the Main Stand on a Friday afternoon for entry. By the time you got up the stairs, the fantastic Receptionist would have your programmes bagged up and ready to go. 

Great service then. 

26 minutes ago, shull said:

It got me also. 

Absolutely baffling and outrageous that a supporter /customer can be standing in the Main Reception of St Mirren Football Club,money in hand to purchase a few Match Programmes. 

The said Programmes are in Boxes 4 feet away and not one person in the whole Stadium, including Gordon Scott, Campbell Kennedy and many more could not take 20 seconds out of their time to help seal the deal which is actually advantageous to the Club. 

After buying Programmes for decades, I will purchase no more. 

Years ago at Love Street, there was never a problem. Press the buzzer at the Main Stand on a Friday afternoon for entry. By the time you got up the stairs, the fantastic Receptionist would have your programmes bagged up and ready to go. 

Great service then. 

GET A GRIP!

Stop bumping your gums.

You have no right to demand St. Mirren cow tie to your whims. They said the programmes will be available ahead of the match TOMORROW.

What makes you so special that they would suddenly change plans midstream. IF you're going to the game buy the bl00dy programme then. If not then you miss out. If you're going and decide to not buy the programme ahead of the game then DON'T. We don't need your life story.

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, shull said:

That's original from Lucy.

Not allowed to comment about St Mirren on a St Mirren Forum. 

He will maybe contribute summat  decent on here eventually.

Why do you think it's OK for you to spout like an idiot but not OK for me to point it out?

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Why do you think it's OK for you to spout like an idiot but not OK for me to point it out?

Your post above sums you up.

Nothing wrong with my Thread.

I’m a wee bit split on this one.
If sone numpty is desperate enough for a programme that they turn up the night before, then I cannae see the harm in selling them one.
Equally, if the club says they’re no available until match day, then why should they have to sell them the day before. 
Oh the conundrum. 
Agree mate. However we're a family club. A quick call upstairs to ask if it's ok to bend the rules to accommodate a fan would have sorted this out. My experience of the guys in the shop and over the phone has always been excellent, right enough

1 minute ago, gilberto said:
9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
I’m a wee bit split on this one.
If sone numpty is desperate enough for a programme that they turn up the night before, then I cannae see the harm in selling them one.
Equally, if the club says they’re no available until match day, then why should they have to sell them the day before. 
Oh the conundrum. 

Agree mate. However we're a family club. A quick call upstairs to ask if it's ok to bend the rules to accommodate a fan would have sorted this out. My experience of the guys in the shop and over the phone has always been excellent, right enough

Nothing to do with the Shop.

It was in the Stadium Reception where the Programmes were.

The Lady did attempt to contact Campbell Kennedy with no success.

I had already been in the Shop where they told me to come back before kick off. 

Fair enough Shull. The point I'm making is that, despite the rules, this should have been sorted out and you should have been able to buy your programmes today.

3 minutes ago, gilberto said:
7 minutes ago, shull said:

Fair enough Shull. The point I'm making is that, despite the rules, this should have been sorted out and you should have been able to buy your programmes today.

Never been a problem before.

Bought them on Fridays and Saturday mornings on various occasions over the last 25 years. 

3 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:
2eewp9.jpg

I know, I posted similar on Thursday. A very poor effort, copying last season's. Maybe we'll have a new and better production for the Dundee match. 

57 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

What a shit looking programme cover. Who designed that? More should have been made of Sunderland's presence.

Is it really worth two quid? Just another piece of memorabilia to stuff in the cupboard. Waste of a tree.

I agree , it's just a replica of last seasons.

A serious effort could have been made to produce a special edition, especially with 1000 plus Sunderland fans attending.

There doesn't seem to be any business sense around the Stadium. A stack of Programmes could have been sold yesterday to people who may not even be going to today's match. An opportunity lost to make a profit on Programme sales.

For the 20 minutes I was there, I would guess around 40/50 punters were in and about the Ticket Office window, the Club Shop, Stadium Reception and absolutely stacks of parents and children using the Dome.

Programme Sales Stands in Reception, the Shop and even the Dome could have encouraged sales.

A Coffee Shop as part of the Stadium may have made money also and they could have sold Programmes also.

Maybe Campbell, Tony & Gordon were too busy organising another fecking Normandy Dinner.

2 hours ago, shull said:

There doesn't seem to be any business sense around the Stadium. A stack of Programmes could have been sold yesterday to people who may not even be going to today's match. An opportunity lost to make a profit on Programme sales.

For the 20 minutes I was there, I would guess around 40/50 punters were in and about the Ticket Office window, the Club Shop, Stadium Reception and absolutely stacks of parents and children using the Dome.

Programme Sales Stands in Reception, the Shop and even the Dome could have encouraged sales.

A Coffee Shop as part of the Stadium may have made money also and they could have sold Programmes also.

Maybe Campbell, Tony & Gordon were too busy organising another fecking Normandy Dinner.

Will you nip down today and get me a programme? :rolleyes: