Martin Patterson

1 hour ago, billyg said:

Been in Indian football , a la Darryl Duffy , so it's a big no thanks and move on from me !

Bizarre comment. 

So you wouldn't sign a player just because he's played in India?

Paterson doesn't look like he fits the bill from the outside looking in, but could be worth a look in a trial. Played at a high level in England and has some international caps. His career is quite similar to the Thommohawk's, and that worked out okay. 

6 minutes ago, RossCSmfc said:

Bizarre comment. 

So you wouldn't sign a player just because he's played in India?

Paterson doesn't look like he fits the bill from the outside looking in, but could be worth a look in a trial. Played at a high level in England and has some international caps. His career is quite similar to the Thommohawk's, and that worked out okay. 

I must have missed the part where the Thommohawk couldn't get a decent club and ended up as a washed up has been in the Indian leagues with Daryl Duffy.

I'd be very happy to sign an up and coming young Indian striker who is banging the goals in.  A British player that's been struggling in the American lower leagues and India for the past couple of years, not so much.

All that said, it's called a trial for a reason.  Possibly he still has something about him, and if not then he can move on.  Jack Ross did make a few bizarre signings of this style that we would all rather avoid though.

30 minutes ago, Kemp said:

I must have missed the part where the Thommohawk couldn't get a decent club and ended up as a washed up has been in the Indian leagues with Daryl Duffy.

I'd be very happy to sign an up and coming young Indian striker who is banging the goals in.  A British player that's been struggling in the American lower leagues and India for the past couple of years, not so much.

All that said, it's called a trial for a reason.  Possibly he still has something about him, and if not then he can move on.  Jack Ross did make a few bizarre signings of this style that we would all rather avoid though.

I'm not here to contest whether he'd be the right signing or not. I'm just questioning the original comment that suggested we shouldn't sign a player because he's played in India. 

17 minutes ago, Charlotte Saint said:

Saw him last season playing for Tampa Bay Rowdies (alongside Joe Cole) in a 2-2 draw with Charlotte Independence. Didn’t stand out at this level (funnily enough Joe Cole did) so wouldn’t be getting too excited at the possibility of him joining Saints.

Sign Joe Cole obviously. :wink:

48 minutes ago, Ethan said:

So far if this is the calibre of player we are looking to sign then we have big problems going into the new season.

I’m guessing that’s why we’ve taken him on trial and not signed him.

Look at him in the group and over a couple weeks while other irons are in the fire. May come that he looks decent, or will offer up something to support the wider group...player/coach type role.

The club probably has 30 trialists in across the season. We never hear about many unless they sign. Andy Dorman falls in to that camp.

On 7/21/2018 at 9:14 AM, Kemp said:

The arrogance really is unbelievable. At what point do Scots stop thinking we are better than these sorts of leagues?

One of our best teams just shipped 4 goals to a Faroe Islands team.

Another struggled to get past a team in Macedonia.

Honestly, I think we should assume pretty much every national league is better than ours until proven otherwise.

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

The arrogance really is unbelievable. At what point do Scots stop thinking we are better than these sorts of leagues?

Honestly, I think we should assume pretty much every national league is better than ours until proven otherwise.

Paterson's scoring record from 2013/4 season on:  Huddersfield Town - 6 goals in 2 seasons, Bristol City 1 goal in his loan spell with them, Fleetwood Town 0 goals in his loan spell with them, Orlando City 0 goals in his time with them - managed a grand total of 53 minutes on the pitch spread across 4 games, Blackpool 0 goals in 19 games for them (following on from his time in Orlando and Fleetwood) - if I am reading his stats correctly he didn't,t manage to score 1 single goal for 3 consecutive seasons- as a striker! Port Vale - 2 goals in his season with them. Tampa Bay Rowdies a whopping great 10 goals in his season with them and 1 goal with his club in India.

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Thinks that's about 3 worldwide then Trinidad's league is shite in all

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

About the time we saw this waste of space and Darryl Duffy pull on a saints strip ?:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

About the time we saw this waste of space and Darryl Duffy pull on a saints strip ?:rolleyes:

If we are going to judge other leagues based on just two players then we are in for a continuation of frustration that these are the only guys we can afford and embarassment.

3 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Well, it has been proven otherwise.  Even within your post you point out two Scottish teams just beat teams from the Faero Islands and Macedonia.

You don't half love getting on your high horse though, eh? :lol:

Edited by Kemp

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Well, it has been proven otherwise.  Even within your post you point out two Scottish teams just beat teams from the Faero Islands and Macedonia.

You don't half love getting on your high horse though, eh? :lol:

I noticed you forgot to highlight the words "pretty much".

Did you do that because you believe the rest of the forum are as incapable of reading as you are?

17 hours ago, Kemp said:

The rest of the forum is no doubt as tired of reading your pish as me, certainly.

The fact that "pretty much every league is better" has been proven nonsense already as well. 

It's good that you and PRicky both feel you can speak for the entire forum. :lol:

Judging by the lack of responses to both of you, it appears most of the forum has you and him on ignore, but by all means continue to speak for the herd. :lol:

As I said, .... Delusional.

Edited by oaksoft