Unbeaten in Competitive Matches

Well... We have gone two competitive matches unbeaten.  Kilmarnock away.  Spartans at home.  

Queens Park and Dumbarton next up before the League kicks off on 4th August. 

Will we make it to that game unbeaten? 

Edited by St.Ricky
Answer is yes. Continue to unbeaten in 5 competitive games this season.

2 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Well... We have gone two competitive matches unbeaten.  Kilmarnock away.  Spartans at home.  

The only thing you can take from that. 

I'm up there with the most positive Saints fan you'll come across ever .

Utter pish from start to finish.  

5 players needed inn soon , marquee or otherwise.  

Stubbs , hurry up.

On 7/21/2018 at 7:35 PM, St.Ricky said:

Three competitive games unbeaten.  How does this compare with the last two seasons? 

On 7/21/2018 at 10:27 PM, munoz said:

The only thing you can take from that. 

I'm up there with the most positive Saints fan you'll come across ever .

Utter pish from start to finish.  

5 players needed inn soon , marquee or otherwise.  

Stubbs , hurry up.

They will arrive as the transfer window shuts. Patience.

Guest TPAFKATS
We are financially in the best position we've been in for years so why are we waiting until the window is closing and there's less availability and quality?

5 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
9 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We are financially in the best position we've been in for years so why are we waiting until the window is closing and there's less availability and quality?

Who said the club is waiting?

I am saying that players have little incentive to commit until nearer the end of the window when their best option becomes available.

Stubbs can't force anyone to sign for us and if we have lost out on marquee signings because of wages, what do you want him to do? Personally offer to fellate the players between matches? Managers are not returning his calls yet because they havent decided on their own squads. He is being blamed for things he simply cannot control.

Edited by oaksoft

Guest TPAFKATS
Who said the club is waiting?
I am saying that players have little incentive to commit until nearer the end of the window when their best option becomes available.
Stubbs can't force anyone to sign for us and if we have lost out on marquee signings because of wages, what do you want him to do? Personally offer to fellate the players between matches? Managers are not returning his calls yet because they havent decided on their own squads. He is being blamed for things he simply cannot control.
He can control how the team is set up, who plays and how they play.
He should be able to get wins against Spartans and Queen's Park with the current squad.
Coming out after the game and saying we need more players is not a valid excuse for the last 3 performances and results.
He only seems interested in getting loan signings.

1 minute ago, TPAFKATS said:

He can control how the team is set up, who plays and how they play.
He should be able to get wins against Spartans and Queen's Park with the current squad.
Coming out after the game and saying we need more players is not a valid excuse for the last 3 performances and results.
He only seems interested in getting loan signings.

just a reminder.  unbeaten in our 3 competetitive games. 

On 7/21/2018 at 7:35 PM, St.Ricky said:

re-arrange these words:         at  -  straws  - clutching

3 hours ago, TPAFKATS said:
3 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
just a reminder.  unbeaten in our 3 competetitive games. 

Just a reminder, we haven't managed a goal against a league team.

If there is a pile pf positive things and a pile of negative things why are so many people like you drawn to see only the negatives in life?

Thats a serious question. Why cant you see both piles?

8 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Do you think we have the beating of Dumbarton?

I think it will be the best measure of where we are right now as we can look at recent results against them over the past two seasons. They have always been well organised and worked hard so I expect them to set up similarly to Spartans and Queens Park. I do think we can and will beat them but not by a barrow load of goals. If that had been going to happen then it would have been against Spartans with 36 shots at goal.

17 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

A blame their winkle picker boots and pointy heids. Plus the blindfolds of course. Wisnae encouraging either seeing them running oot wi big dugs and sticks. Granted the guide dugs were black and the canes were white but still wis a wee bit disconcerting. Plus running oot backwards, whit wis that a aboot? Stubbsie obviously does things differently fae JR. A bit 'alternative'. Got tae gi him points for originality a suppose. Still hate the roadkill shirt mind yi.

Thanks, hmb, gave me a really good chuckle reading that. As for this Saturday, we really need to beat Dumbarton. Despite what's been said about them being well organised etc., they were relegated at the end of last season, while we were promoted. Just like Tuesday night, no excuses for a poor performance, I'm afraid.