Unbeaten in Competitive Matches

10 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

We could win the next 4 rounds on penalties and hence win the cup.

So that would be a record of played 8, won 1, drawn 7.

The team we beat in the final could have a record of played 8, won 7, drawn 1.

That’s the way the cookie crumbles!

That means we've got a dawdle of a final against Dungvermin or Ayr. 

3 hours ago, buddies1877 said:
4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
Hate to be pedantic, but your post said simply...

"It’s a cup competition we never lost a game why shouldn’t we be in it"

So I'd say the WC (which is a cup competition) is completely relevant in response to your statement.

It's also very relevant in the sense that it's a cup competition with a league format. So, the prospect of going out without losing a game is very realistic. Your statement would only have made sense in a straight knock out competition.

Not sure the relevance of the year.

It's ok to admit you were wrong now.

My statement made sense to the fact the topic was the Scottish league cup that has completely different rules and also as far as I’m aware st Mirren have never and will never make a World Cup.

Oh wait I should of mentioned we were discussing st Mirren aswell my fault sorry again

Is also more of a question than a statement to pedantic.... f**k question mark shoot me dead now

Points finger ........ BANG  ........... blows on end of finger and then places back in holster  .........Bye bye    :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:
3 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

Its ok at least you were pedantic

Ok let’s try this one (last) time and I’ll keep it relevant to this year’s Scottish League Cup.

I think there were many scenarios that could have seen us go out without losing a game but let me give you a specific example. 

Had we only won 1-0 on Saturday and ICT had only lost 4-0 on Sunday, we would be out the competition without losing a game.

NOW will you admit that your comment was stupid?

Did I miss something?  Is this a competition that YOU have to win?  I think it fair to say everyone got your point possibly several posts ago and at end of day we won he is right Na na na na  :rolleyes:

1 minute ago, jaybee said:

Did I miss something?  Is this a competition that YOU have to win?  I think it fair to say everyone got your point possibly several posts ago and at end of day we won he is right Na na na na  :rolleyes:

That post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. What competition are you referring to and what does “at end of day we won he is right na na na na” mean? 

And wrong. Everyone got my point......apart from him. 

That post makes absolutely no sense whatsoever. What competition are you referring to and what does “at end of day we won he is right na na na na” mean? 

Wrong

If you look at the 1st reply I use the word true maybe you aren’t that pedantic after all lol

Il put this simple for you he’s referring to you trying to make it a competition of who should admit they are wrong 1st.

Unless you are going to give a good answer to my question why shouldn’t we be in the cup then please don’t bother replying getting boring now

3 minutes ago, buddies1877 said:
20 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Wrong

If you look at the 1st reply I use the word true maybe you aren’t that pedantic after all lol

Il put this simple for you he’s referring to you trying to make it a competition of who should admit they are wrong 1st.

Unless you are going to give a good answer to my question why shouldn’t we be in the cup then please don’t bother replying getting boring now

Well Mr TPAFKA: wonder if that's an acronym for This Pric* always Flipping knows all, it sounds like it.  Buddies 1877 got it and it wasn't even targeted at him, if you looked at other posts you would have seen that I shot him earlier .....  and he doesn't seem to be  crying 'mammy a big boy's after me'.  If you wish to be so arrogant that you need to win every debate you become involved in I suggest you pay better attention to what 'other' people say and not just bask in how clever you think your own posts are.  I was actually being humourous.

5 hours ago, jaybee said:

Well Mr TPAFKA: wonder if that's an acronym for This Pric* always Flipping knows all, it sounds like it.  Buddies 1877 got it and it wasn't even targeted at him, if you looked at other posts you would have seen that I shot him earlier .....  and he doesn't seem to be  crying 'mammy a big boy's after me'.  If you wish to be so arrogant that you need to win every debate you become involved in I suggest you pay better attention to what 'other' people say and not just bask in how clever you think your own posts are.  I was actually being humourous.

Isn’t it for other people to decide if you are being humorous? Do you consider calling someone a “pric” humorous too?

Look, I have an affliction. I can’t bear to see stupid posts go unchallenged.

I’m not all bad though. I mean I never said a word about his shocking grammar........or yours for that matter.

Disclaimer - I’m being humorous.

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

We could win the next 4 rounds on penalties and hence win the cup.

So that would be a record of played 8, won 1, drawn 7.

The team we beat in the final could have a record of played 8, won 7, drawn 1.

That’s the way the cookie crumbles!

Would be literally unbelievable! 

8 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I think the point he is making very clear.

After you had correctly rubbished some nonsense about Belgium in the 1974 WC, he correctly pointed out that in fact Scotland had suffered that fate.

So to use a slightly amended version of your statement............We didn't lose a  game and were out of the cup.

So if you are still in any doubt about this highly convoluted and ambiguous notion.....

You suggest that not being beaten was a rationale for not being out of the cup.

Someone else gave you an example of why that rationale is a load of bollocks.

Here to help.

Dearie me. Scotland did lose in the 1974 World Cup - to Czechoslovakia. Belgium on the other hand drew with Holland 0-0 home and away, won their other 4 games without conceding a goal but were papped out on goal difference. How is it possible to make so many errors in one sentence :rolleyes:

We are talking qualifying groups aren't we, here?

3 minutes ago, AllyM said:

Dearie me. Scotland did lose in the 1974 World Cup - to Czechoslovakia. Belgium on the other hand drew with Holland 0-0 home and away, won their other 4 games without conceding a goal but were papped out on goal difference. How is it possible to make so many errors in one sentence :rolleyes:

We are talking qualifying groups aren't we, here?

If I remember correctly, this was a favourite quiz question of the late, great, Alex Cameron - he loved it when folk answered "Scotland" to the question about the unbeaten team in the 74 World Cup who never even conceded a goal. Oddly, Hungary were unbeaten too (played 6, won 2, drew 4), and, to be completely fair, Scotland were the only unbeaten team in the '74 finals.  

4 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Isn’t it for other people to decide if you are being humorous? Do you consider calling someone a “pric” humorous too?

Look, I have an affliction. I can’t bare to see stupid posts go unchallenged.

I’m not all bad though. I mean I never said a word about his shocking grammar........or yours for that matter.

Disclaimer - I’m being humorous.

Normally yes it would be for others to decide if something is amusing;  or not, but given your superior attitude I just assumed that you had a sense of humour by-pass and it needed explaining.

As for calling you a pric*, don't see the problem as you didn't seem to have any worries re ' why that rationale is a load of bollocks'  and I considered your sarcastic  'Here to help.' worthy of deciding in my opinion that you are a pric*.

No disagreement here, I think you do have an affliction

As far as I am aware I never said you were bad; never mind all bad, however seeing that you choose to flaunt your supposed intellectual superiority by dissing other peoples grammar,  for me proves that that is exactly what you are and  an arrogant one at that.

Really!

36 minutes ago, jaybee said:

Normally yes it would be for others to decide if something is amusing;  or not, but given your superior attitude I just assumed that you had a sense of humour by-pass and it needed explaining.

As for calling you a pric*, don't see the problem as you didn't seem to have any worries re ' why that rationale is a load of bollocks'  and I considered your sarcastic  'Here to help.' worthy of deciding in my opinion that you are a pric*.

No disagreement here, I think you do have an affliction

As far as I am aware I never said you were bad; never mind all bad, however seeing that you choose to flaunt your supposed intellectual superiority by dissing other peoples grammar,  for me proves that that is exactly what you are and  an arrogant one at that.

Really!

Or alternatively, are you just not clever enough to understand my humour? :P

I mean FFS, in a post criticising someone's grammar, you never even noticed that I'd misspelled "bear". :lol:

To late now though. I noticed first.

Look mate, all joking aside, I've made a a lot of stupid posts on here. It's my ability to hold my hands up and laugh at myself that makes me annoyed when others don't have the ability to do the same.

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I mean FFS, in a post criticising someone's grammar, you never even noticed that I'd misspelled "bear". :lol:

Look mate, all joking aside, I've made a a lot of stupid posts on here. It's my ability to hold my hands up and laugh at myself that makes me annoyed when others don't have the ability to do the same.

This is a possibility, although generally clever sods are to po faced to laugh out loud

Really, I don't do a spell check when reading a post, I respond to intent, sarcasm I can bare; arrogance I abhor.

As indicated in one of my earlier posts, for me this is NOT a competition, so one to you sir if it fulfills your needs.

Understand last paragraph and agree wholeheartedly and appreciate that this post has, shall we say a different cadence than previous ones.

I have no axe to grind with anyone on here, I simply dip in and out as I am available, I enjoy the debate and whilst I disagree with some of the posts as  written, everyone has the right to offer their views for debate.  My responses to posts are mainly (I think)  in a humorous manner, but I can be drawn in deeper if I am annoyed or offended enough.  I don't always get everything right and if I'm wrong I will generally apologise and admit as such.  I was going to add that it is not often that I am wrong; but that would be contrary to the intent of this post so let us just assume I didn't say that after all. Yes! :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

After your performance in that Nightshift forum I think you need to reconsider lecturing anyone about having no sense of humour. :shockaroony

4 hours ago, jaybee said:

This is a possibility, although generally clever sods are to po faced to laugh out loud

Really, I don't do a spell check when reading a post, I respond to intent, sarcasm I can bare; arrogance I abhor.

As indicated in one of my earlier posts, for me this is NOT a competition, so one to you sir if it fulfills your needs.

Understand last paragraph and agree wholeheartedly and appreciate that this post has, shall we say a different cadence than previous ones.

I have no axe to grind with anyone on here, I simply dip in and out as I am available, I enjoy the debate and whilst I disagree with some of the posts as  written, everyone has the right to offer their views for debate.  My responses to posts are mainly (I think)  in a humorous manner, but I can be drawn in deeper if I am annoyed or offended enough.  I don't always get everything right and if I'm wrong I will generally apologise and admit as such.  I was going to add that it is not often that I am wrong; but that would be contrary to the intent of this post so let us just assume I didn't say that after all. Yes! :rolleyes:

Fair dos mate. I’m not arrogant though. I’m a smart arse. There’s a difference. Smart arses are often wrong and have to admit to being so. Obviously not on this occasion though! :P

Arrogant people (like Oaksoft) are as you say po faced and never admit they are wrong. Also arrogant people (like Oaksoft) do this other thing. When they post something twattish and everyone naturally rounds on them, they pretend they were being “humorous” :D

As for you, I genuinely missed your humour on this thread mate, but that’s not to say you weren’t being so. I really really hope the misspelling  of “bear” above was deliberate though, just to mock me :happyclapper

11 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

By the way........we are still...until Saturday at least.....unbeaten after 4 competitive games. Not a bad start. And an improvement on last season...we are in the next round of the league cup.

Thanks for the reminder.