Three Questions Top Man Jimbo Could Ask Stubbs

1. Have you got any plans to sign anyone who has played regularly in the Scottish premiership?

2. With English non-league clubs now paying more wages than some Scottish premiership clubs can afford, why are we focussing so much of our energy on trying to spot talented English non-league players?

3. Is Adam Eckersley injured? If not, why has he not been included in 3 matchday squads, including the Sunderland game where 10 players were on the bench?

1 hour ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

1. Have you got any plans to sign anyone who has played regularly in the Scottish premiership?

2. With English non-league clubs now paying more wages than some Scottish premiership clubs can afford, why are we focussing so much of our energy on trying to spot talented English non-league players?

3. Is Adam Eckersley injured? If not, why has he not been included in 3 matchday squads, including the Sunderland game where 10 players were on the bench?

3. He's already said Eckersley doesn't have a future at the club (rightly or wrongly) so why would he play him in a friendly?

19 minutes ago, Hambud said:
21 minutes ago, LargsBud said:
3. He's already said Eckersley doesn't have a future at the club (rightly or wrongly) so why would he play him in a friendly?

He played McShane.

and had MacKenzie on the bench at Killie. Eckersley seems to be persona non grata completely, behind dodgy trialists in the pecking order and new signings still acclimaitising to full-time football!

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

and had MacKenzie on the bench at Killie. Eckersley seems to be persona non grata completely, behind dodgy trialists in the pecking order and new signings still acclimaitising to full-time football!

I think he's wrong to want rid of Eckersley and MacKenzie the same as I thought he was wrong for not trying harder to keep Reilly. 

I'm not surprised though that he's not playing. Once a manager openly says you're not wanted I wouldn't expect to be playing in any pre season games. 

1. Why did you talk in interviews about  four or five signings, with two that would excite supporters?

2. Are these deals still ongoing, or dead in the water?

3. If the latter, what the actual fcuk are you going to manage to do in the two weeks before the league season starts? 

Which then opens up questions about Stubbs' management style. 2 senior-ish players with contracts for the season out the picture and picking up a wage not to play or feature as subs unless the players take the initiative and find a new club to make things easier for a manager who has ruled them out before he has seen them play for him even in a friendly game!

I think he's wrong to want rid of Eckersley and MacKenzie the same as I thought he was wrong for not trying harder to keep Reilly. 
I'm not surprised though that he's not playing. Once a manager openly says you're not wanted I wouldn't expect to be playing in any pre season games. 
OK so the question should be:

Why have you played McShane and had McKenzie on the bench when you have told them to find new clubs?

8 minutes ago, Hambud said:

OK so the question should be:

Why have you played McShane and had McKenzie on the bench when you have told them to find new clubs?

or why have you said McShane, MacKenzie and Eckersley can find new clubs before they've had any game time and before you'd even seen how their replacements were doing?

Trying harder not to keep Reilly? Reilly was the one fecking about so what did you expect. He had plenty time before Stubbs came to sign but didn’t.

Just now, santaponsasaint said:
49 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

Eckersley was doomed from the minute Stubbs came in. It was Stubbs that released him at Hibs.

Thanks. That was mentioned lots of times a few weeks ago. Much like replies over the last 10 days says players X. Y and Z aren't in the starting XI because Stubbs has said they are welcome to find new clubs. What happens if Coulson gets injured or suspended or turns out to be poor defensively once the league season starts? Do we try and bring Eckersley in even though he hasn't played a match since April?

Thanks. That was mentioned lots of times a few weeks ago. Much like replies over the last 10 days says players X. Y and Z aren't in the starting XI because Stubbs has said they are welcome to find new clubs. What happens if Coulson gets injured or suspended or turns out to be poor defensively once the league season starts? Do we try and bring Eckersley in even though he hasn't played a match since April?
Sorry I spoke. Unlike you I don't spend my life on here [emoji12]

2 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Why don't you go to the Q&A session and ask him yourself?

12 minutes ago, ged62 said:

Trying harder not to keep Reilly? Reilly was the one fecking about so what did you expect. He had plenty time before Stubbs came to sign but didn’t.

Its called man management. Some players need an arm round the shoulder and made feel wanted. They are kids basically. If he had shown a bit more desire to keep him and a more tactful man management approach we would have a proven goalscorer in the squad rather than the two we are stuck with at the moment. 

4 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I share your concerns Dibble.  Stubbs doesn’t look or sound like a man who is in control of events right now.

3 hours ago, helpmaboab said:

Killie game we played OK. Spartans game we created enough chances tae win three games. Sunderland game wis a try oot fur trialists and like a daft 'practice' game. Manager has hud little time to sort things oot. He's only just here fur god's sake. Lucy, you've been here fur yonks and yer still shite! Worse than a trialist. 

We were gash against Spartans.