Three Questions Top Man Jimbo Could Ask Stubbs

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

I'm quite Zen about it we're a yoyo team and if we're about to yo again then as the ever lovely Doris Day :wub: said...…………...

Very decent shout Bud  I am pretty much in the same place. We don't have the financial fire power to compete and it's so much more fun winning games and having our moments in the sun than clinging to the hope that Hamilton and Livi are shit.

13 minutes ago, billyg said:

He can have the rest of the year off for all I care. Sincerely hope we have some sort of pay-off clause inserted in case he proves as awful an appointment as most of the support knew he would be !

He was very far from the top of my list, but he's the manager now and I hope he does a good job. Not great so far but very early days. A win tomorrow and things will seem slightly better. 

34 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Pretty extreme to call me a liar and to infer the same about my friends.  i never post rumours or so-called "in the know" nonsense on this forum.

I expected that smug wee reply to be honest-at least you could have been a wee bit more imaginative with the comeback

I haven't called you a liar nor would I at any point. Nor your friends. My inference was about context. Other places are suggesting that AS wants to put the board under pressure to come up with funds..hence the "what budget". Smug..me.never.

On 7/22/2018 at 5:10 PM, Stockholmbud said:

Has stubbs lost the dressing room already 

Wouldn't say so (at the moment)  We have only played a few games, with mixed results. AS is probably still trying to get a feel for the players, how they play, looking at weaknesses that need to be addressed, and the boys need a bit of time to gel, get to know the gaffer and how he likes the team to play etc.  It's unrealistic to be starting on about him loosing the dressing room, predictions of doom at this point in time.  Think we should give the gaffer and team a bit of time, let them show what they can do in future competitive games and the league, and leave the squeaky are whole scenarios on the back burner for the time being.

I can’t believe some of the stuff that’s been posted on here over the last few days. I actually can’t believe I’ve posted some of it given that we’re still 10 days away from the league starting.

It takes a lot to get me this riled and what I’ve seen recently both on and off the field just gives me the fear that I’ve seen it all before. That season with Tommy Craig almost drove me away completely from watching Saints. What had been an every Saturday passion saw me stop going to away games completely, leave home games early and eventually miss games I’d already paid for.

I don’t particularly like Stubbs and thinks he’s a pretty significant downgrade on Jack in terms of his ability and personality.

That being said he’s the manager now and I want to get behind him. He just needs to throw me a f**king bone.

I can’t believe some of the stuff that’s been posted on here over the last few days. I actually can’t believe I’ve posted some of it given that we’re still 10 days away from the league starting.

It takes a lot to get me this riled and what I’ve seen recently both on and off the field just gives me the fear that I’ve seen it all before. That season with Tommy Craig almost drove me away completely from watching Saints. What had been an every Saturday passion saw me stop going to away games completely, leave home games early and eventually miss games I’d already paid for.

I don’t particularly like Stubbs and thinks he’s a pretty significant downgrade on Jack in terms of his ability and personality.

That being said he’s the manager now and I want to get behind him. He just needs to throw me a f**king bone.

Or a dummy

14 hours ago, ged62 said:

I think you should just shut up, just read your ridiculous post.

Well, maybe someday you will get a chance to tell me what you think of me face to face.  It should be a novel experience for a typical internet bigmouth like yourself.

But on the plus side, you admit to thinking, or at least aspire to it.  Well done you!

But I have to say, like everyone who uses the forum, I have more than one  ridiculous post to my name (see your's above). 

Don't feel you need to respond.

Edited by beyond our ken

I genuinely think we need to wait until the transfer window shuts to see what we have on the park. I am sure Stubbs will recruit players capable of being able to compete. I was happy to see and will continue to be happy to see some of the old squad moved on. They were good enough to win the league but not good enough to stay up imo. That said the initial recruitment is not holding up to scrutiny however i believe some of them were signed as squad players not first picks. I could be proved wrong but I am waiting for the quality to come in that the manager keeps referring to. 

6 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Yup 96-y-o, I'll shed a tear or three when she finally takes that Sentimental Journey.

Before Hollywood got hold of her and characterised her as a blond bombshell, she was regarded as one of the best (and I mean world best) jazz singers. 

Listen to 'S Wonderful' and you get a hint of what the Band Leaders lost when the film industry came calling.