At this point, what do we still need?

1 minute ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Did people not post we needed the £300k from Lewis Morgan sale to break even last season?

If I remember correctly (a big if) we received close to 1 Million for winning the league.  We have increased our season ticket sales.  We received compensation from Sunderland plus a friendly.  We are in a decent place financially with a possible windfall to come should McGinn move. Keep our powder dry I say until circumstances are right.  

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Did Jim McIntyre not get canned on this forum for too many players at Ross County ??.  

Utterly fantastic job in his first season at RC, went onto win League Cup. Managed successfully for 3 season in Premiership. Disgracefully sacked in his fourth and club then relegated.

Bet we wish we could rerun the interviews again !

He flopped, despite having a far bigger budget than the rest of the bottom 5/6. We let go our LC manager who also did well in League. I would take Danny over Jim anyday.

Give Stubbs a chance. He had great reviews from Everton, did very well for Hibs, and ok, not so good at rotherham. But I don't think it was his fault they imploded. more to do with their cost cutting BOD

7 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

If I remember correctly (a big if) we received close to 1 Million for winning the league.  We have increased our season ticket sales.  We received compensation from Sunderland plus a friendly.  We are in a decent place financially with a possible windfall to come should McGinn move. Keep our powder dry I say until circumstances are right.  

Close to half a million for winning the Championship is a lot nearer the truth.

4 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

£533k for winning the Championship. Ross County received £1.07M for being bottom of the Premiership.

Just now, Sonny said:

£533k for winning the Championship. Ross County received £1.07M for being bottom of the Premiership.

I think you just need some of St Ricky's optimism to magic that up to a cool £1m for winning the Championship! We start the season £700k down on prizemoney to a Hamilton Accies team who beat Partick Thistle who were relegated via the playoffs on goal difference alone.

19 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

He flopped, despite having a far bigger budget than the rest of the bottom 5/6. We let go our LC manager who also did well in League. I would take Danny over Jim anyday.

Give Stubbs a chance. He had great reviews from Everton, did very well for Hibs, and ok, not so good at rotherham. But I don't think it was his fault they imploded. more to do with their cost cutting BOD

Stubbs is a coach not a manager that's why he got great reviews at Everton with academy. He didn't do well for Hibs, no promotion in 2 seasons or play off final in Championship. Utter shambles at Rotherham. All excuses at Rotherham. Following very similar pattern at St Mirren. 

I'd come back on the McIntrye comments also but that's a debate that's gone.

Edited by lenziebud

21 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

lol, not so good at Rotherham - master of the understatement there.

12 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I think you just need some of St Ricky's optimism to magic that up to a cool £1m for winning the Championship! We start the season £700k down on prizemoney to a Hamilton Accies team who beat Partick Thistle who were relegated via the playoffs on goal difference alone.

But we also know that end of season prize money is likely to exceed 1 million in the Premiership but I take your point.  However we also received compensation from Sunderland and get bigger crowds than Hamilton. 

29 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Exactly. McInnes bombed at Bristol City but has proved he is a decent manager. Lennon bombed at Bolton too so sometimes managers flourish at certain clubs.  

12 minutes ago, billyg said:

Euan Thomson @EuanThomson3 11m11 minutes ago

Replying to @StMirrenBanter

I walked past Eckersley after the game on Saturday and I said to him , when are you back in that team? And he replied “I won’t be a part of that”

If true then very unprofessional of Adam.  However the words are open to interpretation. 

Just now, Dibbles old paperboy said:

And Hamilton have sold players...

And so I hope will we or at least get a lump of cash if McGinn moves on.  I think your point is that things won't be easy in the premiership.  No argument from me there.  

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

And so I hope will we or at least get a lump of cash if McGinn moves on.  I think your point is that things won't be easy in the premiership.  No argument from me there.  

Hamilton have already sold players and aren't waiting for Celtic to submit 8 more bids until they meet Hibs asking price for John McGinn.

Just now, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Hamilton have already sold players and aren't waiting for Celtic to submit 8 more bids until they meet Hibs asking price for John McGinn.

And I agree with you on that.  Let's be clear.... what you are saying is that Hamilton currently have more spending power than us.  Agreed.  Looking forward we will generate greater gate receipts and potentially have money in from the McGinn sale. Not currently over concerned here but the league will be tough. 

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

And I agree with you on that.  Let's be clear.... what you are saying is that Hamilton currently have more spending power than us.  Agreed.  Looking forward we will generate greater gate receipts and potentially have money in from the McGinn sale. Not currently over concerned here but the league will be tough. There won't be another 8 bids but there will be  movement from all concerned to make this happen. Imo

21 minutes ago, billyg said:

At least people can stop pushing for Hayden to play wider left with Adam behind , Eck's put that theory to bed !

If the speculation is correct.  As far as I can see the club website still shows Eckersley in the squad.  Has he stopped taking wages since he seems to have gone on strike......... 

Edited by St.Ricky

53 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Stubbs is a coach not a manager that's why he got great reviews at Everton with academy. He didn't do well for Hibs, no promotion in 2 seasons or play off final in Championship. Utter shambles at Rotherham. All excuses at Rotherham. Following very similar pattern at St Mirren. 

I'd come back on the McIntrye comments also but that's a debate that's gone.

Take it you weren't on the Interview panel then:whistle

Edited by DougJamie