At this point, what do we still need?

1 minute ago, Anybuddie said:

Dialogue has taken place about Liam Smith and the manager says he doesn’t want/need him ! 

I genuinely find that baffling. Outstanding young RB good at defending and going forward plus enjoyed his time at St Mirren. Worrying if Stubbs feels we have better.

19 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Trying to keep this as neutral as possible and not letting emotion cloud judgement but what does everyone believe we still need at this point in order to go into the new season with a bit more confidence than we currently have? 

If Stubbs swallows down his pride and accepts he was being hasty in his appraisal and that Gary McKenzie (once fit again) and Adam Eckersley have roles to play in this side, Magennis comes back soon and he gets Cammy Smith back playing behind the front man where he belongs rather than out wide where he's completely wasted and clearly not happy, I reckon we could get away with just bringing in a first choice centre forward, winger and another right back and the damage to the squad might not be as catastrophic as it seems just now. 

McKenzie and Eckersley are both the wrong side of 30 and neither are the fastest but both being involved would certainly improve the squad in its current state by being involved again in my opinion. 

I wouldn't argue with your analysis but I'm not sure that the MacKenzie,  Eckerskey stuff is solely about footballing ability. 

3 hours ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

Eckersley on strike, what nonsense Ricky

How would you categogorise a player who... according to the post on here,  said when asked why he wasn't in the team that he didn't want to be? 

Help me out here.  If strike is the wrong description then how would you describe it more accurately? 

5 hours ago, Anybuddie said:

Dialogue has taken place about Liam Smith and the manager says he doesn’t want/need him ! 

We already have a right back, who, IMO, has been pretty solid so far.

There are several other areas of the team that require signings more immediately.

How would you categogorise a player who... according to the post on here,  said when asked why he wasn't in the team that he didn't want to be? 
Help me out here.  If strike is the wrong description then how would you describe it more accurately? 
Sorry Ricky, I might be wrong but I thought he said he wouldn't be part of the team not that he refused or didn't want to be part of the team, but I'm just going on what's been said on here, it may not be accurate or I may not have picked it up right

1 minute ago, Mykey said:
18 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Sorry Ricky, I might be wrong but I thought he said he wouldn't be part of the team not that he refused or didn't want to be part of the team, but I'm just going on what's been said on here, it may not be accurate or I may not have picked it up right

Thanks Mykey. 

A fit and hungry team that are all pulling and fighting for each other. We need to realise that it’s going to be a tough transition to the top flight. We are not club the size of Hibs as far as fan base and budget and I think finishing one place above the playoffs would be a success, even with Livvy in the league.
Stubbs as pulled apart the team that we were all proud of, but most agreed we needed big changes for the step up.
Coulson looks fantastic going forward, so a solid left back to let him play further up, where he has played in the past would be good. I’ve always been a fan of Eckersley, but injuries have been an issue and Stubbs obviously doesn’t fancy him.
Magennis returning will be massive. He can play in the middle with McGinn or wide right bombing down the wing. I think Flynn has the vision and experience to create chances and looked excellent against Killie.
I still think we need a decent centre half, in the mould of McKenzie without the injuries. Heaton sounds like a good prospect and needs time to settle, but do we have that time? Kpekawa looks demanding in the air and likes a tackle, but lacks experience and fitness. Baird should be cover. He has a great attitude, but really struggles with the ball at his feet. We need experience in the centre of our defence.
We desperately need a decent goal scorer, but they are not easy to find. I think we will create chances, but need a poacher with an eye for goal. Mullen works his backside off and wins free kicks, but isn’t prolific in front of goal. We also lack pace upfront. Cammy Smith needs to play the number 10 role, not out wide.
If we can get Mikey Johnston that would be excellent. We also need the McGinn move to happen soon, as it will make a big difference to our budget and possible signings, although had that potential money been earmarked for the stadium.
Fitness still looks an issue in the squad, but that should be easily fixed. We also need the support to back the ‘new’ team and be as patient as we can be. The backing of our support was massive last season. The more we get on the players back the poorer they will perform.

Really good, fair assessment of the current state of affairs i’d say

Guest TPAFKATS
Beginning with a new manager , Scott and Fitzpatrick hang your heads in shame ! Shocking , brainless appointment !
The 3 year contract seems particularly bad.