Saint Mirren v Dundee 4th August 2018

St.Ricky

4 hours ago, Julian Banjos said:

Dundee struggling after 3 went off injured yesterday.

Their main map up front, Moussa, "heard a crack" before he was subbed early in the game and replaced by a teenager. Like us, they're really short up front.

https://sport.bt.com/video/mccann-rues-dundee-injuries-on-disappointing-day-91364284977816

Thanks.  Watched the game.  Pars deserved their win but Dundee improved in the second half and the Pars keeper had to make a great save to prevent a goal. 

Should be a really interesting match. Dundee are in a similar position to us - fans frustrated by lack of firepower and no sign of new personnel on the horizon.
A good tester for the opener but not one we should be frightened of. No reason we can't start the season with a home win.

Was worried about this first game in the Premiership, but we couldn't have had a better preparation than yesterday's fantastic performance. Clearly, we'll be playing better opposition on Saturday, but the same level of skill and team spirit will allow us to compete, so...……………………...COYS!! 

With a bit of confidence restored, new players and the squad coming to full match fitness, a championship flag to unfurl, new recruits getting on target and possibly a couple more in this week and next.... i think i'd rather be in the Home, than away dressing room come 2.55pm this Saturday.

Saint Stubbzo's BAWA..!

41 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I hope you are right shull.

Dundee look like they are selling out their end. 

We have probably only sent them an initial allocation of 500. Don't think I have ever seen a decent Dundee support in Paisley. 

Would expect them to bring about 1000-1200 max with it being the first game of the season

46 minutes ago, Frank McGarvey' wonky legs said:

We have probably only sent them an initial allocation of 500. Don't think I have ever seen a decent Dundee support in Paisley. 

Would expect them to bring about 1000-1200 max with it being the first game of the season

Dundee FC have advised their fans NOT to travel without a ticket as they expect to sell out their allocation and have taken all of the tickets for the away end.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/tickets-selling-well-for-opener/

Edited by St.Ricky

15 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Dundee FC have advised their fans NOT to travel without a ticket as they expect to sell out their allocation and have taken all of the tickets for the away end.

https://dundeefc.co.uk/news/tickets-selling-well-for-opener/

Where in the article you link to does it say Dundee have taken all of the tickets for the away end ???

It says they have been given the balance of those available to them.  Sounds to me like they were initially given 500 and they have been given another few hundred and whatever else is left we will sell on the day as we may be keeping some of that stand for our overspill just in case  . As has been said elsewhere Dundee will bring nowhere near 1800 to Paisley - unheard of it will be in the 700-1200 bracket.

Edited by Ayrshire Saints

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Where in the article you link to does it say Dundee have taken all of the tickets for the away end ???

It says they have been given the balance of those available to them.  Sounds to me like they were initially given 500 and they have been given another few hundred and whatever else is left we will sell on the day as we may be keeping some of that stand for our overspill just in case  . As has been said elsewhere Dundee will bring nowhere near 1800 to Paisley - unheard of it will be in the 700-1200 bracket.

Should be a cracking atmosphere. I like the Fundee support. Lots of bravado a fair dod of which is firmly tongue in cheek. Looking forward to a noisy 90 minutes, a stern test and 3 points for the Saints.