Saint Mirren v Dundee 4th August 2018

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, Kemp said:

Dundee look pretty weak and still unprepared for the season, so we have got a slice of luck in getting this as the opening tie.

We did play well against Dumbarton, but other than that all signs point to us being considerably weaker than last season.  I feel our defence is going to be exposed here, and Dundee will be taking the three points back up the road.  Fingers crossed I am wrong!

Kemp.  Morgan and Davis apart, I wouldn't say we were weaker than last season. Having said that , I really don't know how to call this game after playing very well against Kilmarnock and Dumbarton but less well against Spartans and QP. But...I will be there to see the Championship Flag unfurled and cheer the team on. COYS. 

Edited by St.Ricky

I never mentioned dropping Megennis and McShane has more Premier League experience than most of the squad!!!

So you’d drop Willock then? And you’d drop him on the basis of McShane having played 3 more top flight games?

Of the midfield, McGinn and Flynn both have loads more Premier League or equivalent experience than McShane so it can’t be them.

Unless you would drop Cammy Smith instead or play with no strikers?

I think the real answer is that you don’t know what you’re talking about. [emoji1]

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery.............:byebye

Actually...... did just that... arranged friends 65th birthday party in a Yorkshire Brewery.  Went very well. 

Now about those 3 rounds in the ring with MCCann.... 

10 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Actually...... did just that... arranged friends 65th birthday party in a Yorkshire Brewery.  Went very well. 

Now about those 3 rounds in the ring with MCCann.... 

McCann...............round 1..................You...............round 2.................Shull.....................round 3. :lol:

I’d go with same team that beat Dumbarton but if rumours are true about Ross Stewart very close to signing for Ross county I don’t see him being in the squad. 

I’d imagine he will prob bring in Flynn to put an extra man in midfield

I remember years ago, we were about to sign Alan McInally from Aston Villa. It’s hard to believe, I know. But signing players like that was possible at one time.

Villa had an injury crisis and decided to hang on to him for a bit longer.

In the meantime he scored some goals. They kept him in the side. He ended up signing for Bayern Munich and playing for Scotland.

You just never know..... [emoji848]

And yes, I think Flynn might be back in the side. Not McShane!

Was hoping we’d go with the diamond formation again that worked so well last week. Unfortunately I can’t see Ross Stewart starting and we really have no other options in that area... Cammy up front? Stewart starting after all? Cooke getting unexpected game time? Flynn into midfield? Magennis in 10? 4-5-1?

Who knows but it’s going to be a battle and there’s going to be a lot of discontent if we don’t get off to a flyer.

7 hours ago, Wendy Saintss said:

So you’d drop Willock then? And you’d drop him on the basis of McShane having ayed 3 more top flight games?

Of I'dthe midfield, McGinn and Flynn both have loads more Premier League or equivalent experience than McShane so it can’t be them.

Unless you would drop Cammy Smith instead or play with no strikers?

I think the real answer is that you don’t know what you’re talking about. emoji1.png

Well actually I wouldn't drop Willock, Smith or Stewart  even though it will probably be the latters last game. 

As for Flynn, i'd expect him to be on the bench today and you'd love to know as much as I do.^_^

Mon the mirren!

A poll from a Dundee forum..................

1. What are you expecting on the opening day of the season?

• A comfortable victory 8

• A hard-fought win 50

• A battling draw 35

• A grim defeat 15 

Also.................So 1250 Dees bought tickets already. Superb
Edited by faraway saint

I think it will be a hard fought 1-0 win with Kyle Magennis getting the winner. Think he might enjoy this game given them kicking him off the park last pre season. I have a feeling the young lad from Man Utd will play a blinder today and stamp his authority on the game.

I also think the crowd should be quite decent too with close to 5,500 in attendance creating a decent atmosphere. Dundee don't often bring a big support but expect about 1300 come down for the 1st game of the season as 1st game of season always draws abig crowd.

Kids are going to panda club today and very excited about it and looking forward to the card display before the game.

It's going to be a very tough season and the support are going to have to stick with the team and i have a feeling they will this season.  I think success this season will be staying up ahead of teams like livi, Hamilton and Dundee.

Bring it on!

Edited by Mr Zo

33 minutes ago, Mr Zo said:

I think it will be a hard fought 1-0 win with Kyle Magennis getting the winner. Think he might enjoy this game given them kicking him off the park last pre season. I have a feeling the young lad from Man Utd will play a blinder today and stamp his authority on the game.

I also think the crowd should be quite decent too with close to 5,500 in attendance creating a decent atmosphere. Dundee don't often bring a big support but expect about 1300 come down for the 1st game of the season as 1st game of season always draws abig crowd.

Kids are going to panda club today and very excited about it and looking forward to the card display before the game.

It's going to be a very tough season and the support are going to have to stick with the team and i have a feeling they will this season.  I think success this season will be staying up ahead of teams like livi, Hamilton and Dundee.

Bring it on!

oops, correct sir. 

Edited by faraway saint

9 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

A tight game, first goal is crucial, if I was putting money on I'd go for the draw, prefer a 1-0 or 2-0 win. 

That's my thoughts too. Hoping for a home win but wouldn't be massively disappointed with a draw.

Dundee are a funny one at the moment as don't know a great deal about them but they do seem to be treading water with not too much excitement about them at the moment. Don't rate Neil McCann too much as a manager so would like to see them struggle this season starting today.