Saint Mirren v Dundee 4th August 2018

St.Ricky

Attendance never started with a ‘6’, no surprise there then. Thought it was a good game, an even game, and a lot of entertainment on offer... including starring turns by both keepers. Sammy for us, and Hugo Lloris dancing like Beckenbauer for them.

Those ‘Derry’ cuntos down the front... GIRFUY. :D

Edited by pozbaird

I’m enjoying his feeling at the moment so I’ll keep this brief.

YOU are the one that keeps telling us we were a mid table championship team without Morgan so by taking him out and arguably the best defender in the league last year (who’s return coincided with the clean sheet run) the “heart” of the team surely has been removed? Can’t have it both ways.

Oh dear. Meltdown! [emoji23]

Stubbs wasn’t the one who ripped Morgan and Davis out the side! :1eye

Thank god Stubbs was so unprepared today! [emoji23]

Imo it was Samson completely at fault there he should of came for it strait away but he came then stopped then came.

He more than made up for it though with the penalty save.

I’d need to see it again but at the time Cole was a lot closer to the ball and the Dundee forward started a good couple of yards behind him. Given the pace of the Dundee forward and the distance Samson would have to have covered, it’s Kpekawa for me.

1 hour ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Who is it that keeps telling us that Mullen is never a goal scorer?

Indeed two top league goals and one of them set up by a full back that can't cross the ball, if you believe our resident "experts".

Carried a fair bit of luck today, but kept working incredibly hard throughout the game.

Far from the finished article and as I've stated earlier, we need more quality in several areas of the team.

Hopefully next week will go some way to addressing these problems.

Danny "Who the f**k is Reilly?" Mullen MOTM, by a country mile.:thumbsup

Edited by FTOF

Oh dear. Meltdown!

Stubbs wasn’t the one who ripped Morgan and Davis out the side!

Meltdown, aye you wish.

I was merely pointing out the absurdity of you continually goading whoever made the comment about the “heart of the team” whilst peddling the notion that we weren’t good enough to win the league without Morgan and Davis.

Meltdown, aye you wish.

I was merely pointing out the absurdity of you continually goading whoever made the comment about the “heart of the team” whilst peddling the notion that we weren’t good enough to win the league without Morgan and Davis.

I remember the post she is talking about someone blamed Stubbs for ripping the heart out the team when in truth they players already left .

I thinks that’s what she is alluding to

38 minutes ago, Dan Is The Man said:

I’d need to see it again but at the time Cole was a lot closer to the ball and the Dundee forward started a good couple of yards behind him. Given the pace of the Dundee forward and the distance Samson would have to have covered, it’s Kpekawa for me.

Samson at fault for me, but he redeemed himself, so it's all good.

1 hour ago, Drew said:

Flynn showed great presence of mind to step away and pass to Mullen for the finish.

To be honest, I don't give two shits just now how we achieved it, that was a big, big result for us.

A few celebration refreshments tonight, I would suggest.

Was very impressed by Flynn's composure. Outstanding.

Meltdown, aye you wish.

Don’t think you are quite understanding.

There is a thread on the main page about Stubbs letting 4 go. There are numerous fools having acmeltdown about those 4 plus Hippo and Reilly being allowed to leave by Stubbs.

THAT is the heart of the side being ripped out to which I am sarcastically referring.

Morgan was the real heart of the side. But Stubbs didn’t actually let him go. He’s had to pick up the pieces of what was left.

And it looks like he’s done a great job. Bringing in Coulson, Kpekawa and Willock and having faith in Mullen and Stewart.

Then again. We’ve apparently never been as unprepared going into a season! [emoji23]

default_1eye.gif

Really enjoyable game and great result. A lot of positives to take cammy and Danny were excellent as was willock in midfield but not getting carried away still a lot of work to be done. We definitely have the nucleus of a very decent side but we need a quick centre half and a big striker although I thought big Ross Stewart had a decent game game has good touch and holds it up well think he just lacks a bit of pace. The defence is definitely a worry though very hesitant at times.

Great 3 points. Effort from the whole team was excellent. Certainly rode our luck, especially second half, but excellent penalty save and comedy winner.

Great pressing from Flynn and cut back was well finished.

Certainly need to strengthen the squad as I think a better team would have punished some of our mistakes.

Great atmosphere and the pre kick off display was excellent. We'll done all who organised it.

Familiar problems at the turnstiles. One of my daughter's got in and one couldn't get in so we were stuck. Stewards eventually sorted it. Poor computer system.

Still, great result and feel good factor still intact.

Really positive start to the season. Everyone done their job. If i could be critical only Cole had a shaky one and that was few and far between.

Early days but these are the kind of results that may prove to be important come april. Reminded me a bit like dundee utd at home last season when the pen save turned the game.

A happy buddy tonight.

FYI Sammy, Bairdy, S, McGiin, Kyle and Cammy are the heart of this team and everyone of them is still here.

Thought the first half started well, great goal after super work from Cammy. Equaliser looked a bit of a mess where I sat. Think our back four need to be stronger. After that eksey-peaksy with use possibley shading in.

Second half a strong start faded when the defence decided to play like they were wearing clown slippers. Dundee had a few good chances before the penalty. (Which looked like an unnecessary dive to me) and then Super Sammy Saves.  That settled us down and we  first of all settled down at the back then  worked our way back into and then totally dominated. The second goal was a howler from the keeper, but I thought it was coming.  After the goal, I don't think there was any panic at any point and were comfortable at the end.

Dundee were a bit dissappointing, They had a couple of big strong lads in the middle and up front but were fairly predictable.  I still think we need more up front.  Unlike some I thought Stewart did ok, but he's a youngster learning his trade and stepping up two divisions.

This was Dundee, it was three points, I'm happy. Room for improvement yes. but well done to one and all.

Don’t think you are quite understanding.

There is a thread on the main page about Stubbs letting 4 go. There are numerous fools having acmeltdown about those 4 plus Hippo and Reilly being allowed to leave by Stubbs.

THAT is the heart of the side being ripped out to which I am sarcastically referring.

Morgan was the real heart of the side. But Stubbs didn’t actually let him go. He’s had to pick up the pieces of what was left.

And it looks like he’s done a great job. Bringing in Coulson, Kpekawa and Willock and having faith in Mullen and Stewart.

Then again. We’ve apparently never been as unprepared going into a season! [emoji23]

default_1eye.gif

I understood perfectly. Your use of sarcasm is about as effective as your use of emojis.

You’re like a broken record. One of those that you wish was lost at the bottom of a box in the loft.