Saint Mirren v Dundee 4th August 2018

St.Ricky

1 hour ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Great game , great atmosphere was going to be a mistake from ether team to get the winner. Dundee had us under pressure for 15/20 min spell in the second half so credit to Saints for sticking to the task finishing the much stronger team. Mullen was fantastic today his first goal was a old fashioned centre forwards goal very well taken from a slick move down the right. Big Ross busted a gut today for the cause will be sorry to see the big chap go if true.  Samson what a guy Stubbs gave him a big hug at the end of the game. Credit to every single player a job very well done.  Not getting carried away but can clearly see Stubbs is building a good team. The **** are not special we can cause them problems. 

When you want to collect your winnings?

have to say, although i still dont think he will be first pick for us when the new recruits come in, Mullen had a very good game and covered every blade of grass. Stewart worked hard too, but you can see that at this level its just a bit beyond his capabilities. Imagine what we could do when we get a couple of strikers in, and the new guys are ready..?

There’s clearly a section of the St Mirren fan base who are absolutely choking for Samson to fail.

It’s a really bizarre grudge some people have against him.

The fact that he was a big part of us winning our only major title in the last 30 years is seemingly irrelevant to them.

Saves a penalty and makes other crucial saves in a 2-1 win today? Still can’t give him credit. They actually seek to blame him for the penalty being given, despite the defender clearly being at fault.

Strangely Salty.

Thankfully the majority of St Mirren fans appreciate the ginger ninja for what he is; A bonafide club legend who is the best goalkeeper this football club has seen in a generation.

I hope he retires here and gets the testimonial he deserves.

I don’t think anyone is chocking for sammy to fail I certainly haven’t seen any evidence of that he’s been absolutely fantastic for us.

I did think he made 1 misjudgment yesterday the ball was in the box by the time mendy got to the ball and sammy came and stopped a few times. If he came as soon as he realised kpekawa had stopped then he would of been 1st to the ball.

Kpekawa certainly shouldn’t of stopped either but don’t think he was beating mendy in a race to the ball.

I don’t think anyone is chocking for sammy to fail I certainly haven’t seen any evidence of that he’s been absolutely fantastic for us.

I did think he made 1 misjudgment yesterday the ball was in the box by the time mendy got to the ball and sammy came and stopped a few times. If he came as soon as he realised kpekawa had stopped then he would of been 1st to the ball.

Kpekawa certainly shouldn’t of stopped either but don’t think he was beating mendy in a race to the ball.

2 Haves . [emoji23][emoji6]

Be better if you just admitted making a complete arse of yourself over the past fortnight

Well I’ll bow to your knowledge on that one as you’ve been making an arse of yourself under your various non de plume for years now.

There’s clearly a section of the St Mirren fan base who are absolutely choking for Samson to fail.

It’s a really bizarre grudge some people have against him.

The fact that he was a big part of us winning our only major title in the last 30 years is seemingly irrelevant to them.

Saves a penalty and makes other crucial saves in a 2-1 win today? Still can’t give him credit. They actually seek to blame him for the penalty being given, despite the defender clearly being at fault.

Strangely Salty.

Thankfully the majority of St Mirren fans appreciate the ginger ninja for what he is; A bonafide club legend who is the best goalkeeper this football club has seen in a generation.

I hope he retires here and gets the testimonial he deserves.

Ah yes. This reminds me of the full 20 months or so you were ‘choking’ for Jack Ross to fail...

Tick tock, tick tock indeed sir.

16 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

The stats that say we has more possession etc...

We were lucky to get anything from that game, they overran us in midfield until Flynn was brought on.

Coulson had a howler, highlighting that we need cover at full back.

Delighted for Mullen but again we need cover.

The Dundee fans on PnB are raging, :lol:

I'm on holiday at the moment so only managed to catch the second half on SMTV. I can only assume I missed some horrendous stuff in the first half?

I'll admit that in the first 15 (20 max) minutes of the second half we looked a bit wobbly and seemed to be getting overrun. Dundee obviously had 2 or 3 good chances to score. After that we got a grip and were by far the better team. I don't remember Dundee creating anything of note after that.

Coulsen had a howler? Again can you fill me in on his first half nightmares, because all I saw in the second half was a couple o his trademark mazy runs going forward and defensively I never saw anything to set him apart from the other defenders.

8 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I'm on holiday at the moment so only managed to catch the second half on SMTV. I can only assume I missed some horrendous stuff in the first half?

I'll admit that in the first 15 (20 max) minutes of the second half we looked a bit wobbly and seemed to be getting overrun. Dundee obviously had 2 or 3 good chances to score. After that we got a grip and were by far the better team. I don't remember Dundee creating anything of note after that.

Coulsen had a howler? Again can you fill me in on his first half nightmares, because all I saw in the second half was a couple o his trademark mazy runs going forward and defensively I never saw anything to set him apart from the other defenders.

EAB is mostly correct in his points but don't agree with him regarding Coulsen. 

Guest TPAFKATS
EAB is mostly correct in his points but don't agree with him regarding Coulsen. 
Coulson was good going forward however he was poor defensively in the 2nd half. Wasn't tracking back and dundee exploited the space in behind him a number of times.
Hopefully the coaching staff can work on this with him.
I'd like our full backs to be decent defenders first and foremost.

Coulson was good going forward however he was poor defensively in the 2nd half. Wasn't tracking back and dundee exploited the space in behind him a number of times.
Hopefully the coaching staff can work on this with him.
I'd like our full backs to be decent defenders first and foremost.
We worked wonders with Dummett who couldn't defend when he arrived at first.

Same again please.

There will be games where we can play the same formation yesterday be it 4-3-3 or 4-3-1-2 but felt at times  we were outnumbered in the midfield when we lost the ball in forward areas.

With just Magennis , McGinn and Willock in a narrow midfield it meant when Coulson and to a lesser extent McGinn get forward they are getting pulled all over the place. I would expect to see  Ross Stewart make way on Sunday for an extra midfielder being Flynn or Kellerman.

On Saturday, August 04, 2018 at 4:53 PM, Wendy Saintss said:

Who is it that keeps telling us that Mullen is never a goal scorer?

That'll be me and I stand by it,  decent enough header for the first but Flynn could and should have scored the second himself. That's just mt IMHO.

Great if unexpected 3 points yesterday.

Edited by Jack the lad