Saint Mirren v Dundee 4th August 2018

St.Ricky

20 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

The stats that say we has more possession etc...

We were lucky to get anything from that game, they overran us in midfield until Flynn was brought on.

Coulson had a howler, highlighting that we need cover at full back.

Delighted for Mullen but again we need cover.

The Dundee fans on PnB are raging, :lol:

Ok:  how did we get 'overrun' if we had more possession? , Doesn't compute

Lucky to get anything from the game? Remind me: who won?  Overran us in midfield!  and did what?

Coulson like many other made a couple of errors, but given his prowess in pushing forward, I can live with that.  This is St Mirren  in Scotland NOT Man City, United or Arsenal and that chap will become a superb player unfortunately not with St Mirren  (in the long term)

Mullen!  man of the match according to the manager, he worked his socks off, best game I think he has played for us and will I think work well with a big target man to play along side, some people just ain't satisfied

Dundee fans raging .....GOOD, :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Can you watch bbc1 Scotland live on iPlayer or only the English version?

I watched the match on Buddievision, although I think they said it was the BBC who filmed it

not actually sure re your question.  I can watch BBC Scotland through Sky; but again not sure re I Player

Edited by jaybee

Samson getting a lot of praise but if the penalty had gone in he would’ve contributed to us possibly losing the game. It’s moments like that tell you we need a better goalkeeper for this league. Stubbs even said it himself that yes he saved well but he’d rather we hadn’t given them the change to have a penalty 

Samson getting a lot of praise but if the penalty had gone in he would’ve contributed to us possibly losing the game. It’s moments like that tell you we need a better goalkeeper for this league. Stubbs even said it himself that yes he saved well but he’d rather we hadn’t given them the change to have a penalty 
Defenders ball all the way.
He was flat footed and asleep.

Only signalled to Sammy when he saw the forward nipping in front of him.

24 minutes ago, Big Yards said:

That’s just daft.  What was Samson supposed to do with a forward charging towards him with every chance of scoring?   The mix up was was certainly not his fault and I’ve no doubt he did the right thing.  His save was the icing on the cake.  

9 hours ago, jaybee said:

I watched the match on Buddievision, although I think they said it was the BBC who filmed it

not actually sure re your question.  I can watch BBC Scotland through Sky; but again not sure re I Player

Cheers mate. Yeah I know, I can normally too but on holiday so only have my iPad. On BBC iPlayer you only seem to be able to watch the main BBC1 live, rather than the regional ones. Wanted to watch Sportscene last night, but I’ll be able to watch it now on catch up I guess. 

Both players were at fault for the penalty. More Kpekawa's fault than Samson's though IMO.

Kpekawa put Samson in the shit, but if Sammy hadn't hesitated he'd have won the ball cleanly. However, Sammy redeemed himself with two magnificent saves.:thumbsup

Much like our second goal, where both Dundee players were at fault. Their LB shouldn't have asked for the ball from the 'keeper, then he put the 'keeper under pressure by passing it straight back to the him. However, the 'keeper must take most of the blame, for his clown shoes moment. Character smiley 79

Not everything is black and white.

To add to this, Sammy himself admits that he shouldn't have given away the penalty in the first place, in a couple of newspaper reports today.

Edited by FTOF

IMO, Kpekawa was 100% to blame. Firstly let his man drift off him , then as the ball reaches him he has the option to bang it up the park or take it into his control. Instead he chooses to let the ball trundle past him 30 yards from goal, doubtful if the ball even had enough momentum to even reach Samson !

Think the game has shown also that big Ross is no Top League player, didn't win a header, linked poorly and was not in any advanced positions. Start of that second half I was pretty alarmed at the lack of pace we have at the back..... ok that's the negs

The positives are Cammy Smith, Mullen , Matty till he tired, and obviously Sammy .... oh and 3 points and going to Ipox with them trailing us by 2 points............... lets go for a wee 5 point gap Sunday...... but we need to be far tighter as a back unit................. 

I think we have the makings of a decent Top League team, great to see Stubbs with players as they came off park, its obvious he has already created a good feel at the club and a bond already with the team....................... that's what will make the difference

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

IMO, Kpekawa was 100% to blame. Firstly let his man drift off him , then as the ball reaches him he has the option to bang it up the park or take it into his control. Instead he chooses to let the ball trundle past him 30 yards from goal, doubtful if the ball even had enough momentum to even reach Samson !

Agreed, it was 100% him to blame. He gave Sammy a very tough decision to make when he should of played it safe. 

I know striker has been the position attracting most attention this summer but I’m very worried about our CBs. The three that have played don’t look good enough for this level unfortunately. Need someone in and hope Mac gets and stays fit. 

But yet Samson has admitted the blame for conceding the penalty.

Think the game has shown also that big Ross is no Top League player, didn't win a header, linked poorly and was not in any advanced positions.

Saw a few Dundee posters on P&B saying that Stewart had given their centre backs a difficult day.

Really?

"I suppose I got myself out of a hole after a mix up between me and Big Cole"

"I shouldn't have given it away in the first place".

Maybe, rather than supporters trying to manipulate his statement to back up their opinion, they could simply accept what Samson says. 

A novel idea, I know.

When you watch it back Samson stuttered about then stood still for a bit, even after all this farting about the Dundee players first touch was almost at Samsons feet. 

I'm far from blaming Samson but I would say he had more than a 50/50 chance to get to the ball first making up for the defenders initial error. 

I got the impression that Kpekawa's seemingly slow reaction was due to his lack of fitness.