Saint Mirren v Dundee 4th August 2018

St.Ricky

You've got to dance around it for fear of being accused of being on a witchunt or some other such pish. You need to point out that he's been a great servant to the club, makes great saves, including penalties and is actually a very genuinely nice guy to boot. That's all well known, and I'm sure he'll continue to be all of that.

However, from my location in M1 seat 1, right in line with goal line, it was clear as day that Samson coming out in installments was a huge factor in him having to concede the penalty.  His centre half put him in the shit, but his own reaction sealed the deal. The TV footage actually flatters him because he is initially off screen and you don't get to see the stutter  step. 

He actually did a very similar thing later in the game.

It's kind of the opposite of when Stelios would make a mistake, then have three good games, but people would still be droning on about the mistake he made four games ago.

IMO, Kpekawa was 100% to blame. Firstly let his man drift off him , then as the ball reaches him he has the option to bang it up the park or take it into his control. Instead he chooses to let the ball trundle past him 30 yards from goal, doubtful if the ball even had enough momentum to even reach Samson !

You should Stick to pointing out when my grammar is shit.

It’s the only time you talk any sense.

1 hour ago, Dirty Sanchez said:

You've got to dance around it for fear of being accused of being on a witchunt or some other such pish. You need to point out that he's been a great servant to the club, makes great saves, including penalties and is actually a very genuinely nice guy to boot. That's all well known, and I'm sure he'll continue to be all of that.

However, from my location in M1 seat 1, right in line with goal line, it was clear as day that Samson coming out in installments was a huge factor in him having to concede the penalty.  His centre half put him in the shit, but his own reaction sealed the deal. The TV footage actually flatters him because he is initially off screen and you don't get to see the stutter  step. 

He actually did a very similar thing later in the game.

It's kind of the opposite of when Stelios would make a mistake, then have three good games, but people would still be droning on about the mistake he made four games ago.

bet you didn't know he nearly made the man city job his if they hadn't gone and spent 60 million on some foreign bloke eh! eh!!  :D

12 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Cheers mate. Yeah I know, I can normally too but on holiday so only have my iPad. On BBC iPlayer you only seem to be able to watch the main BBC1 live, rather than the regional ones. Wanted to watch Sportscene last night, but I’ll be able to watch it now on catch up I guess. 

Hmmmmm. Or so I thought. 

Has BBC got some way of telling you're on a VPN?

The one I use has never let me down but iPlayer saying you can only view in UK despite the VPN being set to UK.

Feckin annoying.

9 hours ago, cockles1987 said:

Possibly to take the flack as the senior pro rather than the new guy getting the blame.

Small things like that can help with team morale. emoji106.png

I think you're right on track here. By all the info we get Sammy  is a rock and talks players through games so it comes as no surprise he wouldn't drop any other player in the myre. What a legend our ginja ninja is becoming.,

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I think you're right on track here. By all the info we get Sammy  is a rock and talks players through games so it comes as no surprise he wouldn't drop any other player in the myre. What a legend our ginja ninja is becoming.,

And to think there are some on here who chose to abuse our keeper at every opportunity. I cant understand why someone would want to continually try to undermine one of our best players , perhaps these people are actually old firm fans undercover or are trying to be funny (and failing miserably )

9 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

And to think there are some on here who chose to abuse our keeper at every opportunity. I cant understand why someone would want to continually try to undermine one of our best players , perhaps these people are actually old firm fans undercover or are trying to be funny (and failing miserably )

For the life of me I can't think of who you mean. Perhaps I've missed, or ignored, their posts

11 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Samson was never abused. 

You know what abuse is as you got tore into fellow buds throughout the Buy The Buds  campaign and beyond.

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

For the life of me I can't think of who you mean. Perhaps I've missed, or ignored, their posts

Two posts. I think you have just wet yirself with the excitement. 

1 minute ago, shull said:

Samson was never abused. 

You know what abuse is as you got tore into fellow buds throughout the Buy The Buds  campaign and beyond.

Just now, shull said:

Two posts. I think you have just wet yirself with the excitement. 

Typical. More abuse towards a forum member. You just cant help yourself. You have my pity, i refuse to stoop to your levels.

#prayforshullssoul

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Typical. More abuse towards a forum member. You just cant help yourself. You have my pity, i refuse to stoop to your levels.

#prayforshullssoul

Says the Dude , along with Poz & Drew, the 3 major abusers on the Forum.

On 8/5/2018 at 8:31 AM, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Great game , great atmosphere was going to be a mistake from ether team to get the winner. Dundee had us under pressure for 15/20 min spell in the second half so credit to Saints for sticking to the task finishing the much stronger team. Mullen was fantastic today his first goal was a old fashioned centre forwards goal very well taken from a slick move down the right. Big Ross busted a gut today for the cause will be sorry to see the big chap go if true.  Samson what a guy Stubbs gave him a big hug at the end of the game. Credit to every single player a job very well done.  Not getting carried away but can clearly see Stubbs is building a good team. The **** are not special we can cause them problems. 

When you want to collect your winnings?

have to say, although i still dont think he will be first pick for us when the new recruits come in, Mullen had a very good game and covered every blade of grass. Stewart worked hard too, but you can see that at this level its just a bit beyond his capabilities. Imagine what we could do when we get a couple of strikers in, and the new guys are ready..?

Oh ffs the Samson/ Nat King blunder is a simple case of neither player giving the shout and taking responsibility!

Cole should like any good CB have intercepted something coming toward/past him.... Sammy should have been running to collect in case the shout didnt come.

i actually in thought our keeper saved a penalty and made two other great saves, so perhaps thats the important outcome..?

Edited by Lord Pityme

17 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oh ffs the Samson/ Nat King blunder is a simple case of neither player giving the shout and taking responsibility!

Cole should like any good CB have intercepted something coming toward/past him.... Sammy should have been running to collect in case the shout didnt come.

i actually in thought our keeper saved a penalty and made two other great saves, so perhaps thats the important outcome..?

Why are some still debating this :lol: FFS. It was a mistake, Sammy saved it , we fecking won .................................

Going to be a loooooooooooooong feckin season .......................

Billy Bremner SHOULD have scored against Yugoslavia in 74 and we should have been in last 8 ....................... we move on