Saint Mirren v Dundee 4th August 2018

St.Ricky

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Where in the article you link to does it say Dundee have taken all of the tickets for the away end ???

It says they have been given the balance of those available to them.  Sounds to me like they were initially given 500 and they have been given another few hundred and whatever else is left we will sell on the day as we may be keeping some of that stand for our overspill just in case  . As has been said elsewhere Dundee will bring nowhere near 1800 to Paisley - unheard of it will be in the 700-1200 bracket.

I don't think there is any chance we will be mixing the support in that stand.  The facilities just don't allow for it

3 hours ago, magnus said:

Should be a cracking atmosphere. I like the Fundee support. Lots of bravado a fair dod of which is firmly tongue in cheek. Looking forward to a noisy 90 minutes, a stern test and 3 points for the Saints.

Fill our parts of the ground and give us a good game of football and a cracking atmosphere will follow!!!!

It looks increasingly likely that we will be going into the game on Saturday with the squad as it currently is. 

If that's the case, it's time to put any frustration and wish lists to one side and fully get behind the matchday squad. I think we have enough to at least match Dundee.

Hoping for a good crowd for our flag day, and a spirited, committed performance for the 90 minutes. If we can win this, and Livingston get pumped at Celtic  Park, we'll be off to the ideal start.

2-1 Saints (Smith & Magennis).

5,973 in attendance.

COYS & SMTID!

15 hours ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

On Twitter still 700 tickets left for the West stand, that is a surprise.  

Yeah read that from a Josh Magennis post in the week. I wonder if the club have overstated the ST sales (in error) and were counting ST's that hadnt yet been renewed as sold. 

If you think about the family stand debacle being punted for bigot games, and the fact they are selling ST's for W7 this season. They may have counted seats people have decided to move from, but not renewed yet, but have bought a new seat elsewhere..?

wouldnt 700 odd seats still available in the west stand mean less sold there than last season?

guess we will find out when they announce this Saturday's gate?

53 minutes ago, renfrew said:

1-1 draw with a 5200 crowd with an away support of 1200.

I would take that right now, as Stubbs tries to buy more time , but,  poor as they are , I think they'll still have too much for us !