Saint Mirren v Dundee 4th August 2018

St.Ricky

Dundee sold out their allocation of 1250 tickets. A further 300 tickets for the away end are being put on sale by St Mirren today with Dee fans advised to get there early. Fantastic!

All we need now is for Saints fans from Arbroath and the Paisley area to buy up the remaining tickets for the home end!

Come on down. Be there to Support the Saints!

4 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Water is off all over Paisley, hope it's sorted soon as if it affects the ground it may put the game in jeopardy.

Maybe they could bring Faraway down to urinate on it. He talks a lot or piss so could water the pitch on his own! Free ticket might be the only way to get him to the game.

2 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Dundee sold out their allocation of 1250 tickets. A further 300 tickets for the away end are being put on sale by St Mirren today with Dee fans advised to get there early. Fantastic!

All we need now is for Saints fans from Arbroath and the Paisley area to buy up the remaining tickets for the home end!

Come on down. Be there to Support the Saints!

:snore

Got to attend to some work matters, I'm sorry. :byebye

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You REALLY think the game would be in jeopardy? :lol:

If the ground has no water, then nobody would be able to use the toilet, players couldn't have a shower, catering would be affected. In those circumstances no chance the game would go ahead. Hopefully the ground is not affected, and if it is they can sort an emergency supply, but it is clearly ridiculous to say the game could go ahead if there is no water supply to the stadium. Only place they might get away with that is Cappielow.

2 minutes ago, Hendo said:

If the ground has no water, then nobody would be able to use the toilet, players couldn't have a shower, catering would be affected. In those circumstances no chance the game would go ahead. Hopefully the ground is not affected, and if it is they can sort an emergency supply, but it is clearly ridiculous to say the game could go ahead if there is no water supply to the stadium. Only place they might get away with that is Cappielow.

Ah, good point, i was focusing on the park..........................apologies. 

2 minutes ago, ged62 said:

There’s a surprise coming from you, you’ve had nothing positive to say since Stubbs came in emoji6.png

I had plenty positives to say after the Kilmarnock game. But the failure of promised squad strengthening , and some awful performances,  have caused me , and others , to reconsider !

8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Indeed - and no sprinklers in the event of fire, etc.

51 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Water is off all over Paisley, hope it's sorted soon as if it affects the ground it may put the game in jeopardy.

It's not off in my house.

I've just had a shite, a shave and a shower, all of which required running water.:)

Edited by FTOF

Well actually I wouldn't drop Willock, Smith or Stewart  even though it will probably be the latters last game. 
As for Flynn, i'd expect him to be on the bench today and you'd love to know as much as I do.[emoji5]
Mon the mirren!

So you want McShane, who has played 28 Premier League games, in the side because we need as much Premier League experience as possible.

And you’d drop Flynn who has around 8 years of Premier League or equivalent experience?

:1eye

I can understand why some people have concerns regarding today's game. So do I.

I'm  hoping that a combination of hard work from our more limited players combined with the skill of our better players can outcompete a Dundee team that doesn't play at it's best.

I'd be happy with a draw.

It's quite obvious that we still need to strengthen in several areas of the team. However, if all goes well, then that should happen on Monday and Tuesday, by all accounts.

That's why, if we do get beaten today, I won't be on here tonight wetting my undergarments.

Despite “the heart being ripped out of the Championship winning side”, we are likely to start with 7 of last season’s championship winning side today.

3 of the absentees, Morgan, Davis & Smith all left before Stubbs arrived.

The actual only real change that Stubbs has voluntarily made is at left back. Even there though, the new player actually appears to be really good and Eck is injured anyway!

Willock in for Morgan may do a decent job as well.

Where I have concerns is that I’d have liked to see us sign a decent centre half and a striker.

Still hopeful though that the defenders are hat Stubbs has signed will turn out to be good though and that a striker may eventually arrive!

A bad result today is rectifiable - we lost our first game last time we returned to the top flight (2-1 away to ICT) and survived.

What concerns me more is the appearance or otherwise of our two Showbiz Stars (Cook & Heaton) , if neither starts today then Stubbsy should be tarred & feathered and made to ride the rail.

As a wise woman said "what will be, will be"...………………………..