Did we sign anyone today?

Guest TPAFKATS

3 minutes ago, Ethan said:

You could hear a pin drop with our transfer activity 

Remember that day when from nowhere a photo appeared on the club website of multiple new signings Will Haining, Craig Dargo, Mark Howard, and, erm, someone else? Well, I can exclusively reveal that none of them are coming back for another go.

14 minutes ago, pozbaird said:

Remember that day when from nowhere a photo appeared on the club website of multiple new signings Will Haining, Craig Dargo, Mark Howard, and, erm, someone else? Well, I can exclusively reveal that none of them are coming back for another go.

Gary Mason was the other guy. A goalie, centre half, centre mid and centre forward all at the same time. Imagine that. 

And 3 of the 4 proven players at our level as well. Howard was the only rookie and that's cos he couldn't get a look in at Arsenal. 

Edited by djchapsticks

2 minutes ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

I seen a guy in ASDA Linwood/Paisley/wherever the f**k you want to say it is today. English bloke fae Stockport. Looks like he could be a non-league English player.

Asda is already our level, now if you had said TK Max or Matalan I might have believed you :P 

Guest TPAFKATS
I seen a guy in ASDA Linwood/Paisley/wherever the f**k you want to say it is today. English bloke fae Stockport. Looks like he could be a non-league English player.
If he was wearing the new Man City top, it was probably my brother in law.

2 hours ago, Cornwall_Saint said:

Strangely, I overheard a lad from Sunderland in ASDA .  Turns out he was a supporter who missed his bus. :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, pod said:

Strangely, I overheard a lad from Sunderland in ASDA .  Turns out he was a supporter who missed his bus. :rolleyes:

I've never been to Asda. Clearly this is the place where everything happens. 

Don't they have a Waitrose in Paisley /Linwood/Elderslie?

Edited by St.Ricky

" a couple of marquee signings" the last time I looked the meaning of "marquee" was a tent like structure capable of holding many people! :huh:

So maybe that's what he meant, we are getting a couple of large tents where the fans can gather before and after each game and logically discuss his 4-4-2, 3-1-3-1-2 formations and maybe with a little luck it will sell good beverages for the good fans to consume. 

A little word of advice to anyone who is a manager of any organisation; don't make public announcements unless you are absolutely confident they are happening!

That having all been said, I always retain the faith, not in the context of the transient managers that we go through, but in the whole structure that is St Mirren.

JR was always going to use Saints as a stepping stone and his stock was never higher than taking a team from relegation to promotion in 16 months, so whilst he can be called a turncoat or that the club should have paid him some ridiculous amount of money to retain him (which would never happen in this day and age), he was always going to move on. So we have AS who has my support and will do, as long as he can get the players to put in the effort that is necessary for the supporters to see that they have the club at heart.

As for signings today, perhaps we shouldn't hold our breaths, but we will have to add to the squad as it is far too shallow for the Premier League and even if AS can presently field a team that maybe has the capability of holding their own against some other teams in the league, any injuries / suspensions will expose the shallow  nature of the squad and the overall inability to put the ball in the net often enough.

2 minutes ago, SaintGlenburn said:
13 hours ago, St.Ricky said:
I've never been to Asda. Clearly this is the place where everything happens. 
Don't they have a Waitrose in Paisley /Linwood/Elderslie?

No, the life expectancy of Paisley residents isnt high enough to merit a waitrose.

That's the problem in a nutshell. 

We might get a better class of Free Agent if we went to Waitrose.