Did we sign anyone today?

Guest TPAFKATS

8 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

We need a striker or is it just me that feels we don’t need another midfielder

Midfield is probably our strongest area. We obviously need a striker but also at least two defenders, we currently have only five and four of them are youngsters!

Midfield is probably our strongest area. We obviously need a striker but also at least two defenders, we currently have only five and four of them are youngsters!

Reading about Willock it seems he is box to box central midfielder similar to McGinn & Magennis.

I totally agree we need a striker and two defenders.

10 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

We need a striker or is it just me that feels we don’t need another midfielder

We definitely need a striker, possibly two, but I don't think that means that our midfield is the finished article. 

Would be happy to get more attacking width in midfield, a stronger/experienced centre half and cover at LB/RB.

Even if we sign Willock today, I'd think we still want at least another 5 after that. 

3 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Reading about Willock it seems he is box to box central midfielder similar to McGinn & Magennis.

I totally agree we need a striker and two defenders.

I wouldn't describe either McGinn or Magennis as box to box midfielders.

That is how Kellerman was billed, however.

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:
12 minutes ago, Drew said:
I wouldn't describe either McGinn or Magennis as box to box midfielders.
That is how Kellerman was billed, however.

To be fair to Kellerman we haven't seen much of him. Is this cos he didn't sign him ???

I certainly wasn't criticising Kellerman. I'd have nothing to base that on.

I think kellerman needs some development time.  If Willock is a better-developed version and is ready to plug and play then it's a good thing for us overall.  Getting up the field with pace (i hope he has some) is always going to keep the opposition defenders on the back foot, especially if we have some wide options as well.

Might be a good signing.

To be fair to Kellerman we haven't seen much of him. Is this cos he didn't sign him ???

He started the Spartans game and came on as a sub in the killie and Sunderland game.

He signed Cody Cooke he’s prob been seen less than Kellermann

If we get Willock in certainly looks like a good addition

1 minute ago, buddies1877 said:

He started the Spartans game and came on as a sub in the killie and Sunderland game.

He signed Cody Cooke he’s prob been seen less than Kellermann

You know, i was just about to respond to that with "Did he ?"  when i thought id better check . 

Suppose it is a sign of how influentual someone has been when i didnt even bloody notice he was playing !!  (or is it my age ? :huh:

You know, i was just about to respond to that with "Did he ?"  when i thought id better check . 
Suppose it is a sign of how influentual someone has been when i didnt even bloody notice he was playing !!  (or is it my age ? :huh:

He got subbed at half time because he was poor but ofcourse he wasn’t alone on that.

1 minute ago, Drew said:

Kellerman and Cooke might benefit from short term loan deals. It's a bit of a step up for them, and, depending on who else Stubbs brings in, they might get limited first team opportunities.

I thought you hit it on the head with an earlier post Drew. They could probably step in to a stronger team and do ok but play too many of the new recruits at the one time, or play them in a team that's not got leaders on the park, and they struggle 

18 hours ago, buddies1877 said:

“ALAN STUBBS wants Birmingham strikers Greg Stewart and Nicolai Brock-Madsen in an ambitious double loan swoop for St Mirren.

The Buddies boss has also made a move to pip St Johnstone to land Manchester United’s Matty Willock.”

A Robert grieve story.

Greg Stewart would be a good addition don’t know anything about the other 2

Also mentions a Spanish winger coming in on trial

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/2984906/greg-stewart-nicolia-brock-madsen-matty-willock-st-mirren-transfer-news/

All sound good. Ideally alongside a proven goal scorer and canny auld heid like Dobbie. Happy days:cheers

I see a few folk on twitter ready for a meltdown because his wiki said he’s 5ft 8 and Stubbs has said he’s 6ft 1 or so. 

Turns out Stubbs is right. 

Folk really need to get a grip and take a look at themselves. 

It’s turning  into a tidal wave of unnecessary negativity - waiting to pounce at any and every opp to have a go at Stubbs. Sad days. 

1 minute ago, Maboza said:

I see a few folk on twitter ready for a meltdown because his wiki said he’s 5ft 8 and Stubbs has said he’s 6ft 1 or so. 

Turns out Stubbs is right. 

Folk really need to get a grip and take a look at themselves. 

It’s turning  into a tidal wave of unnecessary negativity - waiting to pounce at any and every opp to have a go at Stubbs. Sad days. 

Maybe they should have watched this before coming the wrong conclusion.