Big Erection Coming

HSS

It states,

"The tower will also reach local traffic on the Abbotsinch Road beneath the M8 with smaller light boxes. They will feature public messages from Renfrewshire Council."

Suggestions from certain quarters,

"We Hate The English"

"Morton are Scum"

Guest TPAFKATS

What a great idea. That's such a boring stretch of road with nothing else to do. Might as well pay attention to a big bright message instead.
What could go wrong...

1 hour ago, TPAFKATS said:

What a great idea. That's such a boring stretch of road with nothing else to do. Might as well pay attention to a big bright message instead.
What could go wrong...

My first thought was exactly that - dodgy. Drivers will take their eyes off the road. Then I looked at it again and thought, that actually looks pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing it.

Guest TPAFKATS
My first thought was exactly that - dodgy. Drivers will take their eyes off the road. Then I looked at it again and thought, that actually looks pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing it.
Should be fine heading east at rush hour as traffic is at a standstill. It looks good in the mock up, however it's a pretty difficult piece of road with only 2 lanes and short slip roads on each side without a giant LED screen taking attention off the road

Should be fine heading east at rush hour as traffic is at a standstill. It looks good in the mock up, however it's a pretty difficult piece of road with only 2 lanes and short slip roads on each side without a giant LED screen taking attention off the road
Isn't it the White Cart Viaduct, three lanes each side?

• 2 years later...
56 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Hawd the bus, I've driven along that road 4 times today and never noticed it. When did it get erected? (Please tell me its just up) emoji37.png

Last night between 6:30/8:30pm.

• 2 weeks later...
Another screen,this time at Halfords/Legion on the 1 way system............

6337FE4C-1E27-4468-891A-3FED347B1C3F.thumb.jpeg.4fa3a76deb7dd80cad87dc1279e98e57.jpeg
Just walked by one getting erected on the other side of the building.

I'd post a picture but was struggling to make it home before the rain would have been the least of my problems of getting soaked. [emoji44]

4 minutes ago, Slash said:

How come the new signage at the White Cart viaduct has not been made operational? Do you know @HSS?

Don’t tell me they built it without meeting some planning regulations.

I don’t know Bud,I’ve often wondered myself 📺

How come the new signage at the White Cart viaduct has not been made operational? Do you know [mention=24]HSS[/mention]?
Don’t tell me they built it without meeting some planning regulations.
It's been on at least once when I passed it.

Really? I’ve never seen it on once in my travels. But then maybe its because I drive so fast that I miss the adverts.
It wasn't an advert, it was an information notice about, eh, something. That's why I remember, as I was expecting adverts.