Contempt for buddies fans or the arrogance of the man STUBBS!

After tonight's performance, I think it echo's more than ever that reinforcements are needed.  Stubbs going straight down the tunnel, while McGinn took the time to come to thank the travelling buddies. It  speaks volumes for either  contempt towards the buddies fans or is it  the arrogance of Stubb's, I really want him to do well but the last few performances are worse than just before JR took over.  The season hasn't kicked off and the writing could be on the wall.

I was really looking forward to the season ahead and joined the 1877 club but now after the last few games I just feel in awe of how contrasting the last few month's have gone.  A big high winning the championship to now.  Releasing 12 players from the title winning side.  

Myles Hippolyte was brought in by JR to replace Morgan this season that was plain to see and he wasn't even given a chance, Eckers and big Mac are just collecting a wage.  Stubbs really needs to pull a few rabbits out of his hat.  He has a 3 year contract and isn't bothered as he's on a win win, I maybe over reacting here but I haven't seen anything to change my mind.

We should of went full tilt for Robbie Neilson IMO.... Thought's!

One of the main criticisms from Rotherham fans was his lack of any connection with them. I think they cited a midweek game, couple of hundred miles from home, got beat and wouldn't acknowledge the fans at the end. Just don't think he views it as important, but he's wrong.

Edited by Hendo

I think it's easier to have a connection once we start winning a few games, he knows he's in for pelters right now. What good would it do to go over and get booed, which according to Sportsound happened at the end of the game. I hope someone asks AS what he thinks about the fans and their importance, i think he deserves a chance to put his views across before we write him off. Jack Ross was with us for 18 months? ... maybe a bit more. Stubbs is in a matter of weeks and while he might/might not be a success i think he needs a little more time and deserves a chance to get it right.

8 minutes ago, proudtobeabuddy said:

I think it's easier to have a connection once we start winning a few games, he knows he's in for pelters right now. What good would it do to go over and get booed, which according to Sportsound happened at the end of the game. I hope someone asks AS what he thinks about the fans and their importance, i think he deserves a chance to put his views across before we write him off. Jack Ross was with us for 18 months? ... maybe a bit more. Stubbs is in a matter of weeks and while he might/might not be a success i think he needs a little more time and deserves a chance to get it right.

Jack Ross was arguing with our support after a few months in the job. It took him quite some time to win over our crowd but the key was winning games.

Edited by Big Yards

54 minutes ago, Hendo said:

One of the main criticisms from Rotherham fans was his lack of any connection with them. I think they cited a midweek game, couple of hundred miles from home, got beat and wouldn't acknowledge the fans at the end. Just don't think he views it as important, but he's wrong.

I think we just need to accept that he won't have a strong connection with the fans. We have went from one extreme to the other in terms of personality and connection with the fans between Jack and Stubbs. Jack constantly talked the fans and the club up, I doubt we will see that with Stubbs.

I'm fine with that though but his performance in the job really needs to improve. 

9 hours ago, Big Yards said:

Jack Ross was arguing with our support after a few months in the job. It took him quite some time to win over our crowd but the key was winning games.

Jack was arguing with one roaster in the support.

Honestly, why do people try and rewrite history like this?

Edited by Kemp

He did go into the crowd after a game to speak to supporters who were shouting abuse.

He went in and spoke to one guy. The guy had lost his temper and Jack went in and put the guy back in his box.

Your statement would have people believe he was arguing with the support ie all st mirren fans.

Edited to add I realise it wasn't your statement.

I sense another agenda from some fans who seem determined to find fault with AS at every opportunity. Facts are that Ross started slowly and fans feared that recent history would repeat itself after poor performances in the league cup and league. He got pelters but he DID turn it around and we all enjoyed the season just gone. He was a popular ex player. AS is not an ex player from the club. These are new times and we need to move on. Players will come in. Some might go on to become hero's but many won't.  That's life at our level in football. 

The main difference between JR and AS is that Jack had to work with what he had Stubbs is able to bring in his own players from the start. He has brought some in but when the chips were down last night and we offered nothing up front, he chose to leave his own two attacking signings on the bench!

Stubbs should be looking forward to the Q and A night to give him the opportunity to reassure and build bridges with the support and explain his long term plans. I’m not saying that he is, but he should be. When things are going poorly, supporters look for honesty and the manager taking responsibility, one of the aspects that Rae failed at miserably. I hope Stubbs is not like the arrogant Rae and he starts to turn things around. Most of us think he’s made some mistakes so far, but it’s still early days. Some of his signings might bed in with a bit more experience, match sharpness and fitness. Every manager signs duds, even the best in the game, but some of them beyond Coulson will need to be a success. Managers can still connect with fans, even when performances are poor. I hope he does swell at the Q and A night and can reassure the fans with his vision, rather than sit and make excuses about missed signing targets and blaming the current players, even although they’re not firing in all cylinders. It’s his job to fix that through man management and tactics/positions. He should also be bigging up the importance of the support. The fans were definitely a 12 man last season, whether he realises this or not.

10 hours ago, GeordieBuddie said:

After tonight's performance, I think it echo's more than ever that reinforcements are needed.  Stubbs going straight down the tunnel, while McGinn took the time to come to thank the travelling buddies. 

Myles Hippolyte was brought in by JR to replace Morgan this season that was plain to see and he wasn't even given a chance, 

We should of went full tilt for Robbie Neilson IMO.... Thought's!

Stubbs was right not to come over. He would have got a mouthful of abuse given fans were booing the team and him off. McGinn has more of a connection with the fans and they are far less likely to give him the same issues as a player. 

Hippolyte a Morgan replacement? I suspect Jack was regretting that one with his performances last season, never a Premiership player! 

How do we know Robbie Neilson, a man who failed at MK Dons and was talking down budgets and the club on radio after Jack left, would be the man?

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

I sense another agenda from some fans who seem determined to find fault with AS at every opportunity. Facts are that Ross started slowly and fans feared that recent history would repeat itself after poor performances in the league cup and league. He got pelters but he DID turn it around and we all enjoyed the season just gone. He was a popular ex player. AS is not an ex player from the club. These are new times and we need to move on. Players will come in. Some might go on to become hero's but many won't.  That's life at our level in football. 

Major diff is Jack had to work with what he inherited till window. Stubbs has cut but not replaced. Big Dif. Hope i am wrong here but i think he is out of his depth

Ross inherited shite and 1st window rectified with amazing results. AS is bringing it back.

1 hour ago, St.Ricky said:

It's difficult to go from a successful manager with a connection with the fans, who has achievements at the club behind him to fall back on in the event of a poor run, to a new man in the job with no connection to the club, no previous good record at the club to reassure fans, and a different type of personality, not to charismatic but a little spiky it would seem.

This should have no bearing on the fans' support for the manager while at the club, but for some the fact he didn't stand on the touchline and bawl at players is seen as a fault, never mind the team playing poorly.

It's early days, we're still in preseason for me, and although the real stuff starts in ten days time, fans want results now. The League Cup group stages are a good idea, but terrible planned - puts too much pressure on teams who have to start their season earlier, and without proper preparation in many instances.