Contempt for buddies fans or the arrogance of the man STUBBS!

11 hours ago, Big Yards said:

Jack Ross was arguing with our support after a few months in the job. It took him quite some time to win over our crowd but the key was winning games.

I remember that, an half geezer in the main stand was giving him and the team Peters and JR came into the stand to confront the guy- was standing there wondering if fisticuffs would follow.  Think JR confronted the guy as some of the shouting he was doing was a bit OTT.

Most of the games, JR acknowledged the fans (even during the dark days of his tenure)  and although some folk, who are entitled to their opinion, think acknowledging the support is insignificant, I personally believe that a wee acknowledgement to thank the support for their time and hard earned cash to attend matches, is a small but important gesture and let's the support know that they and their contribution is valued.

38 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

That squad included Mallan, Morgan, McAllister, Naismith, Hardie, Mackenzie & Baird. You don't think they were any good?

Not at that particular time for St Mirren they weren't. Doesn't matter what they went on to achieve after it. 

Just now, santaponsasaint said:
4 minutes ago, Soctty said:
What has Stubbs got to turn around? We've not played a league game yet...

Is the league cup not games. Didn't you celebrate in 2013. Aye right.

I certainly did, but I didn't think the manager should be in line for the boot because he went out before September almost every other year, It's incidental - the league is where the manager is measured. You only need to look at how Gus and Danny fared after getting to a final and winning it - both booted out not too long after.

I certainly did, but I didn't think the manager should be in line for the boot because he went out before September almost every other year, It's incidental - the league is where the manager is measured. You only need to look at how Gus and Danny fared after getting to a final and winning it - both booted out not too long after.
Well I hope I'm wrong. If Stubbs makes to the new year he would have done well. Even this Saturday has turned into a crucial game for him.

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:
4 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Well I hope I'm wrong. If Stubbs makes to the new year he would have done well. Even this Saturday has turned into a crucial game for him.

He has nothing to turn around. No reason he won't make it to the new year. If the season starts and we're still as insipid and lacklustre then I'll see your point, but it's so early in the season that it's laughable people are putting pressure on him already.

Time to take a deep breath or 2 and give the gaffer a bit of time to put this right. 

I was more wound up after the Spartans game than I was after the game last night.  His interview acknowledges the shortcomings and work to be done. He's ripped up the squad so the onus is on him to put it right. We're all a bit panicked at the early signs but let's give him a chance. 

We've still got a good number of players to be signed. A quantity of players that should transform the team if he gets this next batch of recruitment right. The pressure is on him to do that but he's known that all along.

He didn't come here to fail and it's not going to do us any good turning on him at this stage. 

C'mon Stubbsy - let's get on with it! 

Edited by Maboza

Will Stubbzo get the time Ross did and be allowed to lose his first six or seven league games?

No coz the jury is out on him already with most on here, I’m not on that jury. He’s not got the same personality as JR, why should he. I like Jack but didn’t take him long to jump ship, good luck to him he’s history. We should get behind Alan Stubbs right now he’s part of our club. He deserves a bit of time.

Season hasn't even started yet and folk 'cant see Stubbs turning it around' hee haw has happened yet.  Stubbs was appointed on the 8th of June. It's mid July for f**k sake.

Our support has some right roasters in it, It's f**king embarrassing at times.  :lol::lol:

Edited by Spam_Valley

1 minute ago, Spam_Valley said:

Season hasn't even started yet and folk 'cant see Stubbs turning it around' hee haw has happened yet.  Stubbs was appointed on the 8th of June. It's mid July for f**k sake.

Our support has some right roasters in it, It's f**king embarrassing at times.  :lol::lol:

Post of the day!

10 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Time to take a deep breath or 2 and give the gaffer a bit of time to put this right. 

I was more wound up after the Spartans game than I was after the game last night.  His interview acknowledges the shortcomings and work to be done. He's ripped up the squad so the onus is on him to put it right. We're all a bit panicked at the early signs but let's give him a chance. 

We've still got a good number of players to be signed. A quantity of players that should transform the team if he gets this next batch of recruitment right. The pressure is on him to do that but he's known that all along.

He didn't come here to fail and it's not going to do us any good turning on him at this stage. 

C'mon Stubbsy - let's get on with it! 

At the moment it feels like your glamorous girlfriend who gave you 11 beautiful children has left you and she has been substituted by an unglamorous girl with children who dont or cant do as they are told.I hope that their ipads are taken from them and they are exercised to full fitness and shown what it means to play at this level.Adding a few more siblings who they can actually learn from may bring us future joy and happiness.

On a serious note we have always said we are in this together,St Mirren family etc.Alan and the players will get my full backing and i will judge them over the next few months.Its far to early to start swinging the meat cleaver.Come on you Saints.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

If you were at the game last night and witnessed such a dire performance against a team that has just been relegated to the lowest division in Scottish football then maybe you would have been shocked as well. As I have said the result did not bother me but the lack of basic skills from professional players. QP were better than us and Sammy saved our blushes.

I have already explained in some detail why I am not shocked.

Don't speak for me.

14 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

At times??

I love to know where all these negative fuds sit at games? I don't hear them . They must all be in the Main Stand cause the West Stand is Happy Clapper and Drumming City....

In short, its been a frustrating start for Stubbs, he knows it, therefore far better than some cheeseburger on here  

1 hour ago, Soctty said:

He has nothing to turn around. No reason he won't make it to the new year. If the season starts and we're still as insipid and lacklustre then I'll see your point, but it's so early in the season that it's laughable people are putting pressure on him already.

Exactly, I recall calls from a number on here calling for Jack to be removed during his first 3-4 months.  How much of a laughing stock would we be if we sacked our new manager before July was out.  The league will determine our success as in staying up, the Betfred Cup is unlikely to adorn our trophy room again for a long time.  Judge the manager when his squad is increased/improved and not before pre-season has finished.

Edited by nedflanders123

12 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Exactly, I recall calls from a number on here calling for Jack to be removed during his first 3-4 months.  How much of a laughing stock would we be if we sacked our new manager before July was out.  The league will determine our success as in staying up, the Betfred Cup is unlikely to adorn our trophy room again for a long time.  Judge the manager when his squad is increased/improved and not before pre-season has finished.

We will never win the League Cup again if we treat it like pre season friendlies. 

The Season did actually begin when we played Kilmarnock. 

Being a professional outfit, we should have been prepared. 

Guest TPAFKATS
I appreciate its probably a typo, however Gus never won the cup. Its probably the main reason most fans lost patience with him.