Contempt for buddies fans or the arrogance of the man STUBBS!

1 hour ago, Spam_Valley said:

Season hasn't even started yet and folk 'cant see Stubbs turning it around' hee haw has happened yet.  Stubbs was appointed on the 8th of June. It's mid July for f**k sake.

Our support has some right roasters in it, It's f**king embarrassing at times.  :lol::lol:

And it looks like he still hasn't got their fitness levels up to where they were last season.  To many golf days maybe!

29 minutes ago, nedflanders123 said:

Exactly, I recall calls from a number on here calling for Jack to be removed during his first 3-4 months.  How much of a laughing stock would we be if we sacked our new manager before July was out.  The league will determine our success as in staying up, the Betfred Cup is unlikely to adorn our trophy room again for a long time.  Judge the manager when his squad is increased/improved and not before pre-season has finished.

It is to early to sack anyone! 

My concern isn't personally the lack of signings as there is time yet for that, its the use of the players we have so far in a national cup  and someone made a good point earlier in that the players look disengaged. Early but not comforting days,  I hope he can make this work, its best for us if he does. 

1 hour ago, DougJamie said:

At times??

I love to know where all these negative fuds sit at games? I don't hear them . They must all be in the Main Stand cause the West Stand is Happy Clapper and Drumming City....

In short, its been a frustrating start for Stubbs, he knows it, therefore far better than some cheeseburger on here  

Section P last night!! Within 10 minutes last night there was some frothing clown about six rows in front of me yelling abuse at Stubbs with spit flying everywhere.

7 minutes ago, Jack the lad said:

And it looks like he still hasn't got their fitness levels up to where they were last season.  To many golf days maybe!

Give me peace. We're just over a month into pre season. No team in the country has players at the same fitness level as last season... yet!

I'd wait till we at least play one fixture in the Premiership before wetting my Y's and wanting a change of manager.

14 minutes ago, Spam_Valley said:

Give me peace. We're just over a month into pre season. No team in the country has players at the same fitness level as last season... yet!

I'd wait till we at least play one fixture in the Premiership before wetting my Y's and wanting a change of manager.

Pre Season ceased when the Killie game startit. 

39 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, Soctty said:
I certainly did, but I didn't think the manager should be in line for the boot because he went out before September almost every other year, It's incidental - the league is where the manager is measured. You only need to look at how Gus and Danny fared after getting to a final and winning it - both booted out not too long after.

I appreciate its probably a typo, however Gus never won the cup. Its probably the main reason most fans lost patience with him.

It's not a typo - Gus was relieved of his duties after getting to a final, Danny was relieved of his duties the season after winning it. Neither found doing well in the cup to be something which cemented their position as manager.

59 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
2 hours ago, Soctty said:
I certainly did, but I didn't think the manager should be in line for the boot because he went out before September almost every other year, It's incidental - the league is where the manager is measured. You only need to look at how Gus and Danny fared after getting to a final and winning it - both booted out not too long after.

I appreciate its probably a typo, however Gus never won the cup. Its probably the main reason most fans lost patience with him.

No. Gus was binned because of negative football and aiming for 11th place, whilst teams around us like St Johnstone and Hamilton came up and finished higher! He also seemed to love defensive centre mids! 

1 minute ago, flyingscot said:

No. Gus was binned because of negative football and aiming for 11th place, whilst teams around us like St Johnstone and Hamilton came up and finished higher! He also seemed to love defensive centre mids! 

Yep - reaching a League Cup Final and Scottish Cup Semi Final did him no good at all when it came to deciding his fate.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Well do not comment on people's view of a game that you did not attend.

There is a world of difference between comnenting on what people say and attempting to speak for them.

Learn the difference.

In the meantime I will comment as I see fit.

53 minutes ago, shull said:

Pre Season ceased when the Killie game startit. 

Bit unfair we were let down by Bolton meaning our " pre season" preparation wasn't ideal. I don't like frendlies but i also don't like how early this League Cup set up starts, unfortunately we're stuck with it.

4 minutes ago, helpmaboab said:

Bit hard with JR pulling up stumps and then a delay finding a new manager and now a delay finding new players. No time for proper preparations shull. We were dealt these cards and the club are doing the best they can without rushing into poor hasty signings. Give us time. Give Stubbs time. Give Stubbs support. Easy for everyone to just get the hump and complain. That's why the empty vessels are mug punters and destined for a life of mediocrity posting on forums. I'm the exception that proves the rule of course. :D

As soon as the rumours about JR started i thought that was a lot more damaging to our preparations, it definitely slowed us down a few weeks. They took ages to approach and then when he did eventually leave we had another few weeks of preparation time taken from us looking for a new manager/management team.  It's  no-one's fault really but was hardly ideal as we looked to do well back in the top league.  Stubbs should and will be given time.

21 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Ever heard of throwing a bottle . Works for Liverpool fans

Are you inciting violence DJ? I don't think so. 

I was at the game and the guy involved was literally foaming at the mouth as he hurled abuse. 

He was about 12 seats along from where we were sitting.