Contempt for buddies fans or the arrogance of the man STUBBS!

9 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

Are you inciting violence DJ? I don't think so. 

I was at the game and the guy involved was literally foaming at the mouth as he hurled abuse. 

He was about 12 seats along from where we were sitting. 

Your assuming I meant glass

It could be plastic and empty or foam

But sounds of things, it should be one full of pills :wink: 

Personally I couldn't give a hoot if Stubbs give the fans a wave. He can even come on to the pitch and give everybody a :booty if he wants. All I want from him is a half decent team to watch, anything else he does isn't going to worry me.

The more often your on this site you realise the ones that are first to condemn a mangers attitude is the ones that are 1st to write of the players and manager constantly slate them no doubt shout abuse from the stands at them.

They have been creaming in their pants to let rip at the earliest opportunity possible.

Why not have a look at your own arrogance towards the club your suppose to support first.

The key to getting the fans inside is being authentic. Jack’s row in the stand was because he cared for the players who he knew were improving and for the club.

AS appears distant and detached from the club ,the players and the fans.

I hope he is really successful but in the short term he needs to start giving us something even if that is off the pitch while he gets the players playing his way.

He is making a difficult job harder and if the fans attitude hardens, the club will be the losers.

Tony, have a word! We love you for all the good you have given us, help AS before it is too late. SMTID

Why?
Why are you shocked?
We have never in my lifetime found playing these teams to be easy.
Also the gap between the top and bottom clubs is usually wafer thin at this stage of the season.
Playing Saints is a Cup final for these smaller teams and it only takes a bit of mental rustiness for us to be in trouble.

“Mental rustiness” [emoji23]

The more often your on this site you realise the ones that are first to condemn a mangers attitude is the ones that are 1st to write of the players and manager constantly slate them no doubt shout abuse from the stands at them.

They have been creaming in their pants to let rip at the earliest opportunity possible.

Why not have a look at your own arrogance towards the club your suppose to support first.

The more often I come on this forum I realise that there are way too many individuals who’ve forgotten how to discuss/debate differing opinions and choose to negatively label someone with a different view to support their own narrative.

Perhaps these individuals have been creaming their pants to let rip into those with a different view of things at the earliest opportunity? I couldn’t honestly say.

Perhaps, in their arrogance, they have forgotten that we all support the same team and desperately want them to do well.

Just sayin’

Always amazes me how wound up some of our fans get about what the manager does outside managing the team. Stressing about how he comes across in interviews or if he clapped the fans after the game or some other inane moan.

Are people really bothered about this? I couldn’t give a damn if Stubbs never clapped the support once in his tenure. All he needs to do is get a winning team on the park.

We have a lot to worry about just now. However, Stubbs being a bit dull in interviews or heading straight up after the tunnel after the final whistle isn’t on the concern radar.

I can’t believe some of the stuff that’s been posted on here over the last few days. I actually can’t believe I’ve posted some of it given that we’re still 10 days away from the league starting.

It takes a lot to get me this riled and what I’ve seen recently both on and off the field just gives me the fear that I’ve seen it all before. That season with Tommy Craig almost drove me away completely from watching Saints. What had been an every Saturday passion saw me stop going to away games completely, leave home games early and eventually miss games I’d already paid for.

I don’t particularly like Stubbs and thinks he’s a pretty significant downgrade on Jack in terms of his ability and personality.

That being said he’s the manager now and I want to get behind him. He just needs to throw me a f**king bone.

The more often I come on this forum I realise that there are way too many individuals who’ve forgotten how to discuss/debate differing opinions and choose to negatively label someone with a different view to support their own narrative.

Perhaps these individuals have been creaming their pants to let rip into those with a different view of things at the earliest opportunity? I couldn’t honestly say.

Perhaps, in their arrogance, they have forgotten that we all support the same team and desperately want them to do well.

Just sayin’

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]Is that the same person

Doesn’t take you a lot to get riled up just the mention of a dummy.

Look on the bright side - we are f**king ace at penalty shootouts. We can draw our way to our first Scottish Cup in 32 years.

To those criticising Hippo - two goals tonight, three already for the Pars in the cup (more than Saints have managed in three games). Lower league opposition? Yes. But we've managed 1 goal from open play against two sides from Scotland's 4th and 5th tiers. Hippo ain't looking too bad right now :rolleyes:

We could yet still progress in the League Cup but it's gonnae be as tight as a nun's vagina, unless QP can f**k over Killie for us (and we win in 90).

I'm wae Shull on this one. Pre-season is over. Ended when we played Killie. We had been training for a month. Should have fitted a couple of matches in between La Manga and Killie, even if it was local amateur opposition. Best preparation for the team is a proper 90 minute match (of course Bolton shafted us, but we could have still arranged something that day, call out local sides for a match). 

Let's put this all in context...........................

What is the likelihood of the current management deciding to read a post in a fans' website  when the title is: "Contempt for buddies fans or the arrogance of the man STUBBS!"

So as much as you might regard AS as a poor appointment, or you assess that he should be completely judged on the form up to this point in the new pre-season, basically this post is simply a medium for armchair warriors of a negative disposition or those with an agenda that is slightly deeper than just belly-aching before the season even truly begins.

I might see the logic of the post if we were 10 games into the season, sitting bottom of the league and with maybe one point to our name AND AS makes arrogant comments or has simple disregard for the paying public, i.e. telling them that they know nothing and he knows all, but (a) we aren't there (yet) and (b) I suspect he wouldn't go down that route, pressure or no pressure.

Football management is a strange occupation. Generally it has a shortage of tenure, it is constantly in the public eye and you are the subject of some pretty vile vitriol if you don't fit the fan's desires, or that you fail to ignite the passions of the players. They are reasonably well paid for what they do, but so are many managers in public and private companies and they don't get anything like the verbal attacks on a forum such as this, or the pressure applied by a 'fake news' press. So why would you take the job, unless you, and those that appoint you, think that you can make a success of it.

I don't blame JR for going. We are a provincial club which lives in the shadow of two of the best supported football clubs in the UK. The result of that, successful or not, is that we have a relatively small fan base which is generally centred around the town of Paisley or has links to the town. We have spawned many good footballers (and managers) who have gone on to greater heights than they ever could in Paisley and that, like it or not, will always continue.

If you take a team like Mechelen in Belgium as an example, the town has a population of 84,000 and KV Mechelen had an average crowd last season of 13,209 yet got relegated, the two teams above them in the league had average crowds of between 3,000 and 5,500. Located halfway between Brussels and Antwerp, each with 1.2m of a population you might suspect Mechelen  get over-shadowed as we do, but they are roughly 40 km away from each, so stand alone. In fact they have a higher average attendance than Royal Antwerp! I suspect that if Paisley stood alone, physically well divorced from Glasgow, we too might see crowds of between 5,000 and 10,000 if we were doing well. I remember the 'good old days' when 8,000 was a pretty average attendance at Love Street!

So we have our provincial ups and our downs with both players and managers (and BoD's) - that simply won't change. We are far too close to our ugly neighbours and the shadow of these draws make us what we are and we have to live with that. So please accept that you aren't always going to get an Alex Ferguson (who was sacked by the Board) or a Ricky McFarlane, a Danny Lennon or a Jack Ross every time an appointment is made and learn to live and accept the ups and downs in our constant roller coaster, that is St Mirren. 

I have no contempt or otherwise for the guy, I hope he succeeds - its in our best interest. 

My main concern isn't even the lack of signings, more those 'punts' we have signed and a general lack of tactical clarity thus far, however, it is early days, I guess.

The thing that confuses me is the argument that 'its pre season & season hasn't started etc'. Fact is its a national cup. Question I asked on Facebook is would Hibs or Aberdeen fans be ok with being punted out the European cup at this stage? As its 'pre season and  season hasn't started'. No. They won't.

For saints the bet fred cup is and has proven to be an opportunity to get our hands on national silverware, that's where my frustration lies. Not in the pumping from sunderland, no, from the fact that we cannot raise our performance in the competitive games. 

However, with all that in mind, Stubbs has had little over a month and has yet to finalise his squad and his get to know his current squad - i hope he turns it around, guy deserves a chance to do so, hope the board back him.