Tuesday's talk in - 1 Question, what would it be!

4 minutes ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Staggering if we've shipped out 16, replaced them with 8, been promoted and got £300K compo for Jack yet we've only got room for 2 more players on the budget.

7 minutes ago, div said:

Staggering if we've shipped out 16, replaced them with 8, been promoted and got £300K compo for Jack yet we've only got room for 2 more players on the budget.

Can   some one not ask that question. 

1 hour ago, buddies1877 said:

Cole did well against Kilmarnock

He may well have done well but if I recall correctly the player himself said he wasn’t fit enough  & it’s plain for most to see he certainly ain’t the fastest.

i hope he does well for us and he will get my and hopefully the rest of the supports full backing .. 

15 minutes ago, div said:

Makes me wonder how much we allowed JR to push the boat out to secure promotion?

Squad fillers: Donati, Duffy, Hill 

To name but three. 

1 hour ago, div said:

Everyone will have taken a jump in wages after gaining promotion and the new players signed won’t be far off double the wage of players let go so not that surprising to me. 

Paying £75k transfer fee wasn’t a great decision though IMO given that is around the annual salary of an additional player. 

Hopefully he will repay his worth and have a belter of a season.

Edited by davidg

4 minutes ago, davidg said:

Everyone will have taken a jump in wages after gaining promotion and the new players signed won’t be far off double the wage of players let go so not that surprising to me. 

Add in the 75K for Heaton. How many players could we have brought in if that was wage money (plus Heaton's wage too).

Yeh, we let go of a lot of players.

But many of them had been on loan or sat on the bench without getting a game.

We’ve also brought back a couple who had been on loan, Kirkpatrick & Stewart plus Macpherson and Erhahon have stepped up to be more involved.

What would be the point in bringing in loads of players who will never play?

Quality over quantity

5 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

We’ve also brought back a couple who had been on loan, Kirkpatrick & Stewart plus Macpherson and Erhahon have stepped up to be more involved.

Quality over quantity

Agree with that last sentence in principle but there are areas of the park where we lack either.

I feel it will take more than two players to solve the problem areas on the park. 

12 minutes ago, Wendy Saintss said:

Quality over quantity

Yes that's fair.

If we had a left sided midfielder with some pace, and a couple of good strikers then I'd feel a whole lot better about things.

Sounds like we really are going to need to be patient and that none of those are going to be in place anytime soon.

It looks like Stubbs was playing his cards very close to his chest , as far as I can see there was no reference by name to any potential trialists/targets , or was there ?  His comment about 2 , maybe 4 , hopefully 6 coming in means anything could still happen !