Tuesday's talk in - 1 Question, what would it be!

3 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

It’s not his job to acknowledge the fans, it’s his job to put a winning team on the pitch. I wonder if it’s a smiley faced failure that some people want. Niceness is overrated but sincere honest effort isn’t and hopefully at the q and a Stubbs will endorse that philosophy, whether he smiles or not is irrelevant

I'm not being critical of AS. His job as both yourself and shull have pointed out is to recruit and prepare a team with sufficient quality and who give 100 per cent in training and on the pitch. Fair enough. My advice to him is to acknowledge the fans win, draw or lose. But please..no badge kissing or SMTID

6 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I think it's fair to ask AS when he will start acknowledging the fans. He is very intense and that's fine. I don't want to ask him to change his personality but perhaps to acknowledge that this is part of the day job of a professional manager. A victory or three might sort this out anyway!

FFS...!

are you twelve..? Do you rate a managers ability/suitability based on him waving to you, or not? 

Donald Hunter, to me, is a legendary St Mirren goalkeeper. 

All his classic waving clinched it for me. 

Ally Hunter didnae wave and wasn't a legend. 

He was a very poor goalie for us. 

56 minutes ago, St.Ricky said:

I think it's fair to ask AS when he will start acknowledging the fans. He is very intense and that's fine. I don't want to ask him to change his personality but perhaps to acknowledge that this is part of the day job of a professional manager. A victory or three might sort this out anyway!

Watch his post match interview from Saturday.

He explicitly stated that he was more happy for the supporters and the players. "Its not about me", he said.

That was more than enough for me in the context of the match and result.

24 minutes ago, shull said:

Donald Hunter, to me, is a legendary St Mirren goalkeeper. 

All his classic waving clinched it for me. 

Ally Hunter didnae wave and wasn't a legend. 

He was a very poor goalie for us. 

We don't want a goalie that waves. We need a steady one. :P

I couldn't make it tonight but will be very interested to hear how it goes.

I'd be keen to ask him about Josh Heaton. A guy we paid £75K for, and gave a three year deal to, yet he's sat on the bench. It's hard to understand the logic behind that unless the player is perhaps carrying a knock?

I'd also be interested to know why, 4 day before kick off, we still haven't managed to address our issues up front. We're looking likely to kick off the campaign with just Ross Stewart (who has apparently been told he can leave) and Danny Mullen as our striking options, and no natural left sided attacking option. What happened to the "marquee signings"? Are the club maybe not matching his own ambitions?

3 minutes ago, div said:

I couldn't make it tonight but will be very interested to hear how it goes.

I'd be keen to ask him about Josh Heaton. A guy we paid £75K for, and gave a three year deal to, yet he's sat on the bench. It's hard to understand the logic behind that unless the player is perhaps carrying a knock?

I'd also be interested to know why, 4 day before kick off, we still haven't managed to address our issues up front. We're looking likely to kick off the campaign with just Ross Stewart (who has apparently been told he can leave) and Danny Mullen as our striking options, and no natural left sided attacking option. What happened to the "marquee signings"? Are the club maybe not matching his own ambitions?

It's only one question ya fud. :P

5 hours ago, St.Ricky said:

Cant agree with this Ricky.

Our fans need to be a lot less attention seeking. We should not be asking for the sort of personal validation which only small children normally demand.

During interviews, I only want to hear his analysis and thoughts regarding the match and the club itself. Everything is is just pandering.

10 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Our fans need to be a lot less attention seeking. We should not be asking for the sort of personal validation which only small children normally demand.

During interviews, I only want to hear his analysis and thoughts regarding the match and the club itself. Everything is is just pandering.

Totally agree.

Yes we all went on a journey with Jack and Jimbo show but that is over, unless Jimbo moves to Sunderland. Christ we have had Fergie, Clunie, Miller and Gus- the most boring after dinner speakers going but who cared as in quite a few cases they performed.....

19 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Happy to take a different view and I accept what you and others are saying about interviews. No disagreement there.

My point is aimed at body language reactions during but particularly at the end of a match.

No badge kissing or SMTID but an acknowledgement that somehow "we" are "all" in this together.

Stubbs will find his own way to show the connection with the club and fans.

A simple acknowledgement at key moments around a game would work wonders.

But each to their own - I certainly don't want a JR Clone

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As an aside to this - the question of how to celebrate success and/or deal with mistakes and perceived failure fascinates me.

This often came up in discussions with directors and managers in different cultures throughout the world.

Fairly typical in Scotland was the "I know I am appreciated when the boss stops banging my head against the wall" type of comment.

Slight or even more than slightly uncomfortable or even embarrassed in giving and receiving public recognition.

The complete opposite (and antipathy to me) is the Bell Ringing, Whooping and Hollering advocated by our cousins across the pond.

Not as much as winning the next 4 Games though!!

Edited by St.Ricky

5 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Think you are being unkind to Jim Clunie. The most colourful language before, during and after dinner speaker by all accounts.

He was hardly a darling for the cameras.:wink:

My point is who cares what Stubbs is like, its how he performs that matters......

7 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Maybe if the post-match interviewer asked more pertinent and challenging questions, we wouldn't need a Q&A session.  

James isn't doing the work of a journalist, he's there in a public relations role. I don't think him falling out with the manager would be very good for his career prospects, do you?

1 minute ago, div said:

James isn't doing the work of a journalist, he's there in a public relations role. I don't think him falling out with the manager would be very good for his career prospects, do you?

I'm not asking for him to fall out with the manager; only to ask more pertinent questions.  What's wrong with that?

On Tuesday @ half 6 their is a talk in with Stubb's - If you could ask 1 question what would it be?
Mine: When do you think is the right time to stat and acknowledge the fans at games when the final whistle goes at both home and away games  because as yet you haven't.
I am going Tuesday and that will be my question [emoji4] 

We support the team with or without the acknowledgement, when you watch the telly, go to cinema to you contact & ask to be acknowledged for tuning in?