Sign Shankland!

We need goals - He scoring for fun

We need a focus point up front - he bursts through defences, makes it eadier for midfield to link up, great target for an out.

We need someone who is lean and hungry - he looks well toned, and strong

We need someone with the above capabilities, in our budget - this he is, with only avyear left on his current contract

get on it Tony & Stubbzo, buy the guy who scores!

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

We need a focus point up front - he bursts through defences, makes it eadier for midfield to link up, great target for an out.

Only thing I remember him bursting through was the seam of his shorts.

Championship level striker, not what we need.

2 minutes ago, Kemp said:

Only thing I remember him bursting through was the seam of his shorts.

Championship level striker, not what we need.

Really? There was me thinking he came from Aberdeen, played on loan for us, and has scored more goals than our whole club so far this season, with two hat tricks. Then again you might be right about Championship level players? We are saddled with Mullen, Stewart, Mc Shane, Eckersley, and most of the squad who that tag applies to. 

12 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Really? There was me thinking he came from Aberdeen, played on loan for us, and has scored more goals than our whole club so far this season, with two hat tricks. Then again you might be right about Championship level players? We are saddled with Mullen, Stewart, Mc Shane, Eckersley, and most of the squad who that tag applies to. 

We are saddled with you posting nonsense on here, doesn't mean we are going to go out and try and bring Stuart Dickson back as well.

57 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

We need someone with the above capabilities, in our budget - this he is, with only avyear left on his current contract

We need someone within our budget, how much do you think Ayr would want for their under contract, number one goal threat? If it was me, I wouldn't be letting him go for anything under £300k-£500k 

We need to sign several positions, that is too much for one player. 

Guest TPAFKATS
Oh ffs

2 hours ago, Kemp said:

Are you asking me if Lewis Morgan is a Championship level player?

Might be best to leave the scouting to others!

4 minutes ago, TPAFKATS said:
3 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Oh ffs

Come on then, lets be 'aving you!

who do you think we should be going after? Give us names and reasons!

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

We need someone within our budget, how much do you think Ayr would want for their under contract, number one goal threat? If it was me, I wouldn't be letting him go for anything under £300k-£500k 

They can ask for whatever they want - he'll leave for nothing next summer, so your £300k-£500k estimate is amusing. £100k would easily do it imo, unless a bidding war starts, which is unlikely given the level of teams who would be interested.

And thats why you are not a professional football manager, or club chairman!

£50k and Mullen will see McCall and his chairman crawl over broken glass to agree the deal.

another point that quite a few fans, as well as Stubbzo and the board need to get used to is It might be a long, fruitlesss wait if they are counting on a John McGinn windfall. Hibs have absolutely no incentive to sell him to a rival at below their asking price. It makes more financial sense to get him signed to an extension, or worse case utilise his services till his contract expires.

17 minutes ago, Soctty said:

They can ask for whatever they want - he'll leave for nothing next summer, so your £300k-£500k estimate is amusing. £100k would easily do it imo, unless a bidding war starts, which is unlikely given the level of teams who would be interested.

£100k or someone that looks like he could be a 20-30 goal hitman in the league? They'd make more than that if he gets them to later stages of cups and keeps them from relegation. No chance. 

4 minutes ago, Dave The Buddie said:

Is this the same Shankland that people on here berated just a couple of seasons ago???

Oh how fickle football fans can be. emoji23.png

Indeed... but if Man Utd can get over paying £90 million for Pogba, after having ti watch him walk for free! Then i think we can do likewise for a player we only had previously on loan, and might not have been paying all his wages!

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

And thats why you are not a professional football manager, or club chairman!

£50k and Mullen will see McCall and his chairman crawl over broken glass to agree the deal.

another point that quite a few fans, as well as Stubbzo and the board need to get used to is It might be a long, fruitlesss wait if they are counting on a John McGinn windfall. Hibs have absolutely no incentive to sell him to a rival at below their asking price. It makes more financial sense to get him signed to an extension, or worse case utilise his services till his contract expires.

Why on earth would Mullen go to Ayr? And why would Ayr want him? Zero goals in four games and 3 in 14 at that level last season in what is very likely a better St Mirren side than the Ayr side would be this season. We'd also need to pay part of his wages because he won't (and nor should he) take a pay cut. 

£50k for your best striker and an off-form striker, that's a new level of crazy. Shankland is shapping up to be their Lewis Morgan, would you of taken £50k for him and a out of form Celtic player last summer? Absolute nonsense 

So Hibs are holding out for £4 million for McGinn but Ayr should be delighted with £50k for a striker that's had two hat-tricks already :thumbsup

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Why on earth would Mullen go to Ayr? And why would Ayr want him? Zero goals in four games and 3 in 14 at that level last season in what is very likely a better St Mirren side than the Ayr side would be this season. We'd also need to pay part of his wages because he won't (and nor should he) take a pay cut. 

£50k for your best striker and an off-form striker, that's a new level of crazy. Shankland is shapping up to be their Lewis Morgan, would you of taken £50k for him and a out of form Celtic player last summer? Absolute nonsense 

So Hibs are holding out for £4 million for McGinn but Ayr should be delighted with £50k for a striker that's had two hat-tricks already :thumbsup

Sigh.... Shankland is coming out of league one, Morgan was in the championship winning side, capped at U20 in the last two seasons and now full level. There is little comparison. You probably have a point about Mullen though! I mean what idiot would actually pay to have such a non- perfomer come to their club?

2 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Sigh.... Shankland is coming out of league one, Morgan was in the championship winning side, capped at U20 in the last two seasons and now full level. There is little comparison. You probably have a point about Mullen though! I mean what idiot would actually pay to have such a non- perfomer come to their club?

Okay so last summer, when St Mirren and Ayr had only been seperated by a couple points. if someone came in with a bid of £50k for Morgan you'd of accepted it? Shankland may of been league one last season but he's now a Championship player and is showing he's on the form of his life going into the new season. 

I'll ask another way, how much would you of accepted for Morgan last summer? Do you think the Championship is a massive step-up from league 1? Maybe £100k, £200k £300k? 

if we could get Shankland for £50k and an off form player we'd do it. There would be a queue of teams after him if that was a real thing. You're talking rubbish. 

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

£100k or someone that looks like he could be a 20-30 goal hitman in the league? They'd make more than that if he gets them to later stages of cups and keeps them from relegation. No chance. 

Repeat after me: They'll get nothing for him when his contract expires next summer... :rolleyes:

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You're right - two hat tricks against diddies trumps a Scotland international who has led Hibs to a championship title and then a top 4 finish in the top flight.

Seriously - what are you on? :lol:

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

Repeat after me: They'll get nothing for him when his contract expires next summer... :rolleyes:

Repeat after me 'Shankland will add value to Ayr United next season by playing' You telling Hibs to accept £50k for McGinn :huh:

Do you think if Shankland fires in 20-30 goals and Ayr finish 6th and not 10th for example... Worth more or less than £100k to them :rolleyes:

Just now, Soctty said:

You're right - two hat tricks against diddies trumps a Scotland international who has led Hibs to a championship title and then a top 4 finish in the top flight.

Seriously - what are you on? :lol:

What would the fans reaction of been last summer if we let Stevie Mallan go for £50k because he only had a year left to run? 

You seriously think Ayr would get (or demand) more for Shankland than we have got for the likes of Mclean, Mallan or Morgan ?????

He's on a 1 year deal he would be 50k

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Repeat after me 'Shankland will add value to Ayr United next season by playing' You telling Hibs to accept £50k for McGinn :huh:

Do you think if Shankland fires in 20-30 goals and Ayr finish 6th and not 10th for example... Worth more or less than £100k to them :rolleyes:

You've said they'll get half a million for him, if he keeps them up - if he keeps them up he'll go for nothing next summer. They know that, and would bite your hand off for £100k right now.

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Okay so last summer, when St Mirren and Ayr had only been seperated by a couple points. if someone came in with a bid of £50k for Morgan you'd of accepted it? Shankland may of been league one last season but he's now a Championship player and is showing he's on the form of his life going into the new season. 

I'll ask another way, how much would you of accepted for Morgan last summer? Do you think the Championship is a massive step-up from league 1? Maybe £100k, £200k £300k? 

if we could get Shankland for £50k and an off form player we'd do it. There would be a queue of teams after him if that was a real thing. You're talking rubbish. 

Well if he's sold in this window we'll both know. But £300k man is just the best laugh ever.