Sign Shankland!

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

What would the fans reaction of been last summer if we let Stevie Mallan go for £50k because he only had a year left to run? 

He was a completely different case. Had scored the goal of the season as a teenager in the Premiership then had three seasons of scoring spectacular goals. Plus we're a bigger club - that's how this works. 

Give me strength...

1 minute ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

You seriously think Ayr would get (or demand) more for Shankland than we have got for the likes of Mclean, Mallan or Morgan ?????

He's on a 1 year deal he would be 50k

Try saying that to an Ayr fan, absolute nonsense. For the record, no I don't think he'd be worth the same as those three. Do I think he'd be worth a tiny fraction of Stevie Mallan with one year? Of course he wouldn't :lol: Last summer do you genuinely think we were in a much bigger position on Mallan was miles more important to us than Shanks is to them? 

If he keep them up, is that worth more than £50k? ffs 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Try saying that to an Ayr fan, absolute nonsense. For the record, no I don't think he'd be worth the same as those three. Do I think he'd be worth a tiny fraction of Stevie Mallan with one year? Of course he wouldn't :lol: Last summer do you genuinely think we were in a much bigger position on Mallan was miles more important to us than Shanks is to them? 

It really doesn't matter what an Ayr fan thinks. £100k would seal the deal.

Just now, bazil85 said:

Of course fans wouldn't be happy but that's irrelelvant. He is worth nowhere near 100K in the current market. Incidentally I don't think we should sign him at all but if we did offer say 50k plus one of the "surplus" players it would test their resolve.  Would he want to come back either ???

2 minutes ago, Soctty said:

He was a completely different case. Had scored the goal of the season as a teenager in the Premiership then had three seasons of scoring spectacular goals. Plus we're a bigger club - that's how this works. 

Give me strength...

Ayr revenue will be more than £100k if they don’t get relegated from the championship next season, yes or no? 

Ayr management and fans will see Shankland as a key player for them next season to keep them in the league, yes or no? 

Letting your prized asset go for such a small amount would not be welcomed by the fans that buy tickets and merchandise, yes or no? 

7 minutes ago, Soctty said:

You've said they'll get half a million for him, if he keeps them up - if he keeps them up he'll go for nothing next summer. They know that, and would bite your hand off for £100k right now.

No i didn’t. Stop making things up. I said I wouldn’t want my club considering a penny less if I was an Ayr fan. I’d rather have him for the season than take £50/£100k he’d likely be worth more to them 

Ayr revenue will be more than £100k if they don’t get relegated from the championship next season, yes or no? 

Ayr management and fans will see Shankland as a key player for them next season to keep them in the league, yes or no? 

Letting your prized asset go for such a small amount would not be welcomed by the fans that buy tickets and merchandise, yes or no? 

I see it's pointless arguing with you as you make up wee scenarios in your head. :lol:

7 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Well if he's sold in this window we'll both know. But £300k man is just the best laugh ever.

Again, I don’t think that’s what they’ll get. As an ayr fan I wouldn’t be wanting my club entertaining any bid. If a club came in I’d be saying up about there is where you’d have to pay. (Which no one should) 

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Of course fans wouldn't be happy but that's irrelelvant. He is worth nowhere near 100K in the current market. Incidentally I don't think we should sign him at all but if we did offer say 50k plus one of the "surplus" players it would test their resolve.  Would he want to come back either ???

See my previous point in Ayr staying in the championship being worth much more than £50£100k 

No i didn’t. Stop making things up. I said I wouldn’t want my club considering a penny less if I was an Ayr fan. I’d rather have him for the season than take £50/£100k he’d likely be worth more to them 

Aye, you're probably one of the guys saying we shouldn't be considering any less than a million for Morgan - great in principle, but that's not the way the coookie crumbles unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Aye, you're probably one of the guys saying we shouldn't be considering any less than a million for Morgan - great in principle, but that's not the way the coookie crumbles unfortunately.

No, there’s a mean amount for all players. Shanklands isn’t £50k and a off form player ffs. Ayr would make that if he gets them further up the league than last time they were here. 

1 minute ago, Soctty said:

Are you just spewing spurious nonsense or do you have anything to back this up?

Have I got anything to back up that Ayr will be more than £100k better off if they stay in the championship over getting relegated? Amazingly I do... plus you know common sense :rolleyes:

Just now, bazil85 said:

No, there’s a mean amount for all players. Shanklands isn’t £50k and a off form player ffs. Ayr would make that if he gets them further up the league than last time they were here. 

Staying in the premier would be worth millions to us - didn't mean we sold Morgan for that amount so your "logic" is bollocks !!!

4 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Staying in the premier would be worth millions to us - didn't mean we sold Morgan for that amount so your "logic" is bollocks !!!

Do you actually know what went on with Morgan? You realise that wasn’t an option right given his contract was up? If you’re going to debate, know what you’re talking about first eh? 

5 minutes ago, Soctty said:

Let's have it then...

Prize money for places. Between 10th and 8th. Season ticket numbers for Ayr, more this season than last. Away crowds in Championship are considerably higher than L1. All in all, easily more than £100k. Not to mention Tv money in championship is higher. You’re welcome. 

Do you actually know what went on with Morgan? You realise that wasn’t an option right given his contract was up? If you’re going to debate, know what you’re talking about first eh? 

Like Shanks will be soon....

anyway i think it would be a coup for Ayr if we swapped the four players told they can find other clubs for Shanks.... deal of the century!

IMG_1684.JPG

4 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Like Shanks will be soon....

anyway i think it would be a coup for Ayr if we swapped the four players told they can find other clubs for Shanks.... deal of the century!

IMG_1684.JPG

If they don’t have to pay all their wages...

shanks will be seen as a key player in their survival next season. Survival is worth more than £50k/ £100k certain people might deny it or be pedantic in their response. That doesn’t change facts 

dont need to believe me, the deal just won’t happen. 

47 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

If they don’t have to pay all their wages...

shanks will be seen as a key player in their survival next season. Survival is worth more than £50k/ £100k certain people might deny it or be pedantic in their response. That doesn’t change facts 

dont need to believe me, the deal just won’t happen. 

Get Shanks in aaaaaaaaand......!

Guest TPAFKATS
Come on then, lets be 'aving you!
who do you think we should be going after? Give us names and reasons!
I don't need to give names. I'll give you reasons though, he won't good enough when we were struggling in the championship. He may now be scoring goals for a championship club against lower league opposition but that doesn't mean he can do a job at Premier level.

2 hours ago, Lord Pityme said:

Come on then, lets be 'aving you!

who do you think we should be going after? Give us names and reasons!

Is giving a fundemental reasons why Shanks won't be coming to St Mirren relevant to who we should be going for? I know we can't get Ronaldo either, does that mean I should be able to list our next five signings? :lol:

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Prize money for places. Between 10th and 8th. Season ticket numbers for Ayr, more this season than last. Away crowds in Championship are considerably higher than L1. All in all, easily more than £100k. Not to mention Tv money in championship is higher. You’re welcome. 

So when you said you did have proof, what you meant was you didn't... :lol: