Sign Shankland!

1 minute ago, Ethan said:

We cant afford him and besides when he was here we hardly got him in shape to do what he has done for Ayr. 

To be fair, his initial loan period was decent. He then lost interest and gained pounds. I think he is an entirely different beast now.

JR clearly didn't fancy him for one reason or another - probably because he was so unfit and looked disinterested.

Anyway, it all academic. He won't be coming back.

2 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

A little quick with the gloating...even IF a plan to sign Larry is afoot then we should all know by now that such plans often don't go to plan.  As often happens a "big" club like Arthurlie or someone might come in with higher wages!!!!!

If I were minded like you I would wait and see if Larry signs for us and then post a "told you so" type retort and if he doesn't sign then you won't have posted anything thus you won't look daft. 

Constraint I say, constraint indeed 

Anyone else could come in for him, but it appears we are in pole position as we are in the same ballpark figure Ayr are suggesting. Btw none of this is coming from St mirren.

5 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

So who quoted £500k and then £250k...?

it must hurt to no, be in, The Know..?

£50k 1/5 of what they want. £500k double what they want, who was relatively closer? :P 

Taking into account add ons and sell ons, it could easily be much closer to half a million they'd get in total. 

1 minute ago, Lord Pityme said:

I must apologise, How on earth did you see my post? I tnought the ignore function was water tight on here? You might want to flag that up to Div?

I'd heard you had been talking a bit more sense recently.

My bad:(

22 minutes ago, ged62 said:

People on here saying he won’t be signing for us, I don’t know if he will but if you do show us the evidence that he won’t. Should this not be in Rumour mill?

I'm a bit confused by this, I have to be honest.

2 minutes ago, ged62 said:

emoji23.png Meant if you do know he won’t be signing, where did it say he won’t? I’m only asking the question coz seems there is a lot of people on here on the know.

Its confusing because the Thread is actually called "Sign Shankland " its not in Speculation Thread or Rumour Mill, so some on here are getting a bit flustered. Its ok sedatives will kick in for many, when nurse brings round the din dins shortly  

2 minutes ago, ged62 said:

emoji23.png Meant if you do know he won’t be signing, where did it say he won’t? I’m only asking the question coz seems there is a lot of people on here on the know.

Obviously it doesn't say anywhere that he won't, as there is absolutely nothing to suggest he might.

I'm not in the know at all, but I am quite confident that this is one of the very rare occasions when I'm not talking utter shite.

I don't think there is the remotest chance that we will sign Lawrence Shankland. Just my personal view, mind.

Obviously it doesn't say anywhere that he won't, as there is absolutely nothing to suggest he might.
I'm not in the know at all, but I am quite confident that this is one of the very rare occasions when I'm not talking utter shite.
I don't think there is the remotest chance that we will sign Lawrence Shankland. Just my personal view, mind.

Ok, that’s all I wanted to know not a big deal just interested.

Just now, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Ayr have put up a statement if someone cares to copy paste. Along the lines of there are enquires from north and south of the border. it will take a substantial cash offer to let him go. 

Message from manager Ian McCall :” I wanted to respond to the media speculation over the last 24 hours surrounding Lawrence Shankland. 

There have been enquiries, over the last few weeks, about a number of our players including Lawrence Shankland. All of these players are under contract to Ayr United Football Club. 

It would be wrong of me to mention clubs names however we have had a number of enquiries about Lawrence from North and South of the border. All of these clubs have been informed that we would be extremely reluctant sellers and that it would take a significant transfer fee with a number of add ons for us even to consider it.

in other words... we'll take £100-150k

11 minutes ago, Lord Pityme said:

Message from manager Ian McCall :” I wanted to respond to the media speculation over the last 24 hours surrounding Lawrence Shankland. 

There have been enquiries, over the last few weeks, about a number of our players including Lawrence Shankland. All of these players are under contract to Ayr United Football Club. 

It would be wrong of me to mention clubs names however we have had a number of enquiries about Lawrence from North and South of the border. All of these clubs have been informed that we would be extremely reluctant sellers and that it would take a significant transfer fee with a number of add ons for us even to consider it.

in other words... we'll take £100-150k

We will not be paying out that kind of money no chance. put your house on that as a bet. 

32 minutes ago, Isle Of Bute Saint said:

Ayr have put up a statement if someone cares to copy paste. Along the lines of there are enquires from north and south of the border. it will take a substantial cash offer to let him go. 

Or,  ................................. a pre-contract in January.  Didn't he just sign a one year contract.

48 minutes ago, Drew said:

Right   :unsure: